How low will they go?

Wow, that is awful, but why would the left have to be outraged at such a trivial ad? Do they need to comb through every website to find ads that are distasteful?

I think you guys are making much more out of this than what it is.

Edit*- I did not realize that dems were circulating this during a race. That definitely needs to be stopped but it is not national news.

Palestinian Jew said:
Wow, that is awful, but why would the left have to be outraged at such a trivial ad? Do they need to comb through every website to find ads that are distasteful?

I think you guys are making much more out of this than what it is.

Actually, this wasn't put on the internet initially. If memory serves me correctly, these were printed on flyers by the Democratic nominee for Senate in a state (cant remember which one) originally printed with the face of his Republican challenger. My thought is someone probably photoshopped it with Bush's face on it for internet purposes.

lilcountriegal said:
Actually, this wasn't put on the internet initially. If memory serves me correctly, these were printed on flyers by the Democratic nominee for Senate in a state (cant remember which one) originally printed with the face of his Republican challenger. My thought is someone probably photoshopped it with Bush's face on it for internet purposes.

Very possible.

Mr. P said:
Very possible.

I stand corrected... I must have remembered it wrong... here's the full story:

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=1951

TVC Condemns TN Democrat For Distributing Flyer Belittling Special Olympics Kids

For Immediate Release
October 14, 2004

Washington, DC, -- “Tennessee State Representative Craig Fitzhugh should be ashamed of himself for allowing his campaign office to distribute a flyer belittling Special Olympics children,” said Traditional Values Coalition Chairman Louis P. Sheldon, today. “This disgusting flyer is an insensitive attack against children with disabilities.”

Click on Picture to Enlarge

Rep. Fitzhugh’s office, which is shared by the Kerry-Edwards campaign, has been distributing a flyer showing a Special Olympics child with President Bush’s face superimposed on the head of the disabled youngster. The headline reads: “Voting for Bush Is Like Running In The Special Olympics: Even If You Win, You’re Still Retarded.”

“This kind of mean-spirited material has no place in an election campaign,” said Rev. Sheldon. “In my 40 years of involvement in politics, I’ve never seen anything so despicable as this flyer. Rep. Fitzhugh should not only apologize to the disabled community and to his opponent Dave Dahl, he should fire whoever is responsible for distributing this ugly attack piece.”

Rep. Fitzhugh and Dahl are running for the State House District 82. The flyer has been distributed from Fitzhugh’s campaign office in Ripley, Tennessee. His office also serves as the local Kerry-Edwards campaign headquarters.

“This flyer not only insults the intelligence of Republicans, but it also hurts thousands of Americans who have children with disabilities. Fitzhugh should be ashamed of himself for allowing such a hateful flyer to be sent out from his office,” said Sheldon.

Palestinian Jew said:
Edit*- I did not realize that dems were circulating this during a race. That definitely needs to be stopped but it is not national news.

Only because the Republicans are not making it National. Maybe they should.
Do you think the Dems would hesitate for one second to do so?
The entire Democratic party has fallen to the this low. We even saw it last night with Kerry talking about the VPs daughter. Pretty low, pretty low. But that's what happens when
you have no credible points of your own. All that's left is attack, avoid and shift focus to the opponent anyway you can.

Forum List

Back