How long?

I am constantly in a state of confusion about you libs and your seeing this situation as one that needs an "exit strategy", like it was your favorite war (Vietnam) all over again and its hopeless and a quagmire blah blah blah.

They will come home when the job is done, be that 3 months or 3 years from now.

Hmmm..... I wonder when the job will be done in Germany, Japan, and the Phillipines and we can get our boys back home.

I would say probably about 3.5 more years then we will be creating our permanent bases there under a strong Iraqi Government.

theim said:
Seriously though, why do we still have troops in Germany? The Cold War ended 14 years ago.

It is better to have the troops scattered around the world thereby creating a force that can quickly attack almost any target anywhere on the planet.

no1tovote4 said:
It is better to have the troops scattered around the world thereby creating a force that can quickly attack almost any target anywhere on the planet.

I see. Preparation for the impending invasion of France? :dev1: God I can only hope. :)

O.K 3 years or so I just need a date when I can call some of you guys and have you admit that something is going wronge. without you wrigiling out of your anser . And it could verry well be I'm wronge But I see Iran And syria's intest in keeping the insegency going as long as possible.

dumphauler said:
Just wondering how long people around here think before we can call the troups home- before Iraq is "pacified"?

"pacified" in quotes how cute....what are you trying to imply?

when do you think the troops will be re-called from iraq? oh never mind that would actually require you to think the whole thing through and actually answer the question.

i do not belive US troops will ever leave iraq

also we still have troops in germany in case france needs to be liberated again

I'm confident that we'll have several long-term bases in Iraq. It's a perfect region to have a military force available... smack dab in the middle of the ME.

As far as a time frame? You'll have to email Spilly and have him read the future with his infamous Crystal Ball. His fortelling skills haven't proven that accurate, but that's your best bet.

I fully expect a US presence in Iraq indefinitely. There will be a gradual drawdown of numbers, but more than likely there will be 40K or so US armed forces stationed there for as long as we are interested in the Middle East.

dumphauler said:
O.K 3 years or so I just need a date when I can call some of you guys and have you admit that something is going wronge. without you wrigiling out of your anser . And it could verry well be I'm wronge But I see Iran And syria's intest in keeping the insegency going as long as possible.

You assume, of course, that Syria and Iran will be in a position to encourage incursions 3 years from now.

Asking what kind of exit strategy we have is defeatism.

We will exit when we finish.

Besides, we need an invasion point for going into iran and syria.

Forum List

Back