How Long Will We Hold Inmates in Gitmo?

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Ten years on, Kuwaiti inmates fear indefinite Guantanamo detention - CNN.com

Al Kandari, his lawyers believe, is likely to be indefinitely detained. "Forty-eight unfortunate souls in Guantanamo Bay will never get a trial, will be presumed guilty and will die in Guantanamo without ever having stepped into a courtroom," Wingard said. Al Kandari has an appeal before the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, but David Cynamon, the lead attorney for the Kuwaiti detainees at Guantanamo Bay Prison, believes that the court is a "black hole" for the detainees.

This is not how America works. I am deeply disheartened that the Obama administration has not followed through on its campaign promises to put these people on trial and close down this illegal detention center.

forever-copy.jpg

Al Kandari, his lawyers believe, is likely to be indefinitely detained. "Forty-eight unfortunate souls in Guantanamo Bay will never get a trial, will be presumed guilty and will die in Guantanamo without ever having stepped into a courtroom," Wingard said. Al Kandari has an appeal before the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, but David Cynamon, the lead attorney for the Kuwaiti detainees at Guantanamo Bay Prison, believes that the court is a "black hole" for the detainees.

This is not how America works. I am deeply disheartened that the Obama administration has not followed through on its campaign promises to put these people on trial and close down this illegal detention center.

Obama's not a king.

House: Keep Gitmo Detainees Out of U.S. - CBS News

"There is no reason these terrorists, who pose a serious and documented threat to our nation, cannot be brought to justice right where they are in Cuba," said Rep. Harold Rogers, R-Ky. "I certainly think that is where the American people stand on this issue - they don't want these terrorists in their hometowns."

House Blocks U.S. Trial Of Guantanamo Detainees

Don't wanna go to GITMO? Stay your ass off the battlefield. Or aka,, cryusafuckingriverwhydonchya?

I don't know why we are feeding them. Fly them to Afghanistan or Pakistan and drop them off on top of a mountain and wish them luck. Then drop a bomb. Hell they cut of heads of people they capture. Works for me.

I say execute every last one of 'em. Humanely of course.

You suppose we should let them all out? some of these guys go right back to the battlefield and fight the US, Al Qaeda in Yemen was founded by Saudi inmates who were let out of Guatanemo, a Kuwaiti who was released a few years ago went to Iraq as a suicide bomber. These guys will tell you everything you want to hear when they are locked up and claim to be innocent all day, but will resume jihad once released.

I don't know why we are feeding them. Fly them to Afghanistan or Pakistan and drop them off on top of a mountain and wish them luck. Then drop a bomb. Hell they cut of heads of people they capture. Works for me.

If you release them in Pakistan or Afghanistan they will link up with the Taliban and resume the fight.

Forum List

Back