How long will it take?

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
So I was just wondering, once the republicans "take their country back" next week, how long will it take for the country to turn around completely? I just want to know what to expect ahead of time. Good times are coming, right?

So I was just wondering, once the republicans "take their country back" next week, how long will it take for the country to turn around completely? I just want to know what to expect ahead of time. Good times are coming, right?

Probably around the same time all the Hopeandchange (TM) is supposed to happen.

Don't get too excited:

Barak Hussein will still be president until 2012.

cyborg-barack-obama-25331.jpg

Last edited:
Just expect 2 years of Repubs trying to stop complete government control as much as they can. That is all your going to get. Watch for Government Departments like EPA for Cap and Trade and so on.. to continue with their Marxist agenda.

Ohh I suppose it will be like when they took their country back in 2000?
and messed up so bad that the people took it back away from them?

Ohh I suppose it will be like when they took their country back in 2000?
and messed up so bad that the people took it back away from them?

No, more like 1776.

Without the powdered wigs.

The GOP isn't taking it back. The GOP is the beneficiary (for now) of the Tea Party and the resentment of the American people over what the liberal Democratics have done.

But if the Dems lose the House alone, the GOP will be able to achieve almost nothing EXCEPT to serve as really good BRAKES on the Obama agenda. That's really the point of this present exercise.

IF the Dems were to lose BOTH the House AND the Senate (a longer shot), the GOP still wouldn't control much of anything since anything they pass will likely get vetoed by the President and the majorities will not be able to accomplish an override.

AFTER two years of HARD braking, the full term elections will take place. At that point, not only will any of the remaining driftwood in the GOP be tossed out, but many of the more incorrigible liberal Democratics will get unseated. Roughly another third of the Senate will get challenged in a fashion similar to what happened to Castle in Delaware and what Reid is presently facing. And, crucially, the election WILL be an absolutely crystal clear referendum on the Obama Administration's policies, actions and behaviors.

With ANY kind of luck, President Obama will follow Jimmah Carter as another failed one-termer Democratic.

Considering it took from January of 2007 till August of 2008 for the Democrats to send the country into a tailspin, and that recovery takes longer than destruction, I don't see too much positive happening until the spring of 2013

So this election really doesnt mean anything since nothing will change?

I guess that depends on control. If Republicans somehow manage to get a supermajority, which is unlikely if not impossible, then they might be able to do quite alot.

Otherwise, there will be more divisiveness. Congress will be in gridlock and We should expect things to not get worse. Maybe even get some balanced budgets. who knows.

Personally, I am not putting alot of expectations in Congress. I think this is a time for the people to start getting their houses in order. We need to change our lives so that we live by good principles and learn how to govern ourselves. When we do that, our government will be fixed as a result of our individual change.

Last edited:

Yes they are.
With Obama's agenda dead or dying businesses can get on sorting through the detritus of existing tax and regulatory laws, challenging some of them in court or piecemeal getting them changed. They will start investing and hiring.
Obama will claim that his marvelous programs did all this. In fact his marvelous programs sunk us deep in debt and prolonged the recession well beyond where it ought to be. With any luck voters will remember the Dark Ages of 2009-2010 and kick his ass all the way to Kenya.

So this election really doesnt mean anything since nothing will change?

Wrong conclusion. I don't know if you're being purposefully obtuse or if you really are just dense.

Despite the fact that nothing will change immediately (in terms of legislation), things will be very different in many important respects. Indeed, due to the successes already enjoyed by the so-called "Tea Party," changes have already taken place.

But the election is hugely important anyway -- and the immediacy of the changes that ARE coming is irrelevant to that fact.

Putting on the BRAKES is not just important; it's absolutely crucial.

So this election is HUGE.

And I couldn't be much happier about this under the circumstances.

I'm far from alone.

It will be a while. This election will put a major drag on the out of the ditch and over the cliff economy. Basically the best we can hope for now is stagnation for the nest 2 years. After that, hopefully and actual fiscal conservative will be put in the WH, and some more will sit in Congress. If that happens, I'd say actual felt change will happen summer of '14.

If we get a rino or if the fiscal con wave dies out? ehh, things don't look so hot imo.

If big 0 gets re-elected. Buy flame retardant clothing, b/c we will go down in flames. :blowup:

or get more stagnation. :eusa_pray:

Yep ! Sure are. BOMBOMBOMB, BOMB BOMB, IRAN.
WW3. Repugs love that shit.
I need to get some Halliburton stock next week.

I expect results immediately. If they don't repeal everything President Obama has done then I will concider them abject failures. Unemployment will drop to below 5%. The deficit will all but vanish along with all the oil in the gulf of Mexico. Drug violence will all but cease too. (Oh and I almost forgot, the very next day all the unicorns with rainbows blowing out their asses will be dead too .)

Republicans have no plans of actually doing anything..

If they take control they will accomplish just what they did last time....nothing

Republicans have no plans of actually doing anything..

If they take control they will accomplish just what they did last time....nothing

Wrong. The plan is crystal clear. Your willingness to deny it doesn't change it.

Here's the plan. Ready?

"STOP President Obama and his fellow liberal Democratics from implementing any more of his lousy agenda."

Or, to put it in a more concise form.

Clomp down HARD on the BRAKES!

Forum List

Back