How long will it take Obama to remind everyone what he thinks of marriage?

Last campaign he didn't reveal he viewed marriage as between man and woman until the last day.

Or this time around will he just skip that little detail in order to keep from upsetting gay people with what he actually thinks?

It'd be nice if the media put some pressure on him to expose his views a little earlier, but is there anyone who expects him to do that.

Imagine the media posting a truthful headline. "Obama shares Santorum and Bachmann's view on gay marriage."

He's happily married with two beautiful children....Nothing speaks louder than example.

I'm talking about what he thinks about you and the person you're either married to or want to be married to for example.

I think the main reason is the republican party wants the monopoly on being anti-gay marriage and the democrat party wants to pretend they favor gay rights. Both are lies in order to get votes and the media shows their ever-present obedience to gov't by not questioning it.

As I said already...actions speak louder than words. Which President got rid of DADT? Which President is NOT working to maintain DOMA?

He's happily married with two beautiful children....Nothing speaks louder than example.

I'm talking about what he thinks about you and the person you're either married to or want to be married to for example.

I think the main reason is the republican party wants the monopoly on being anti-gay marriage and the democrat party wants to pretend they favor gay rights. Both are lies in order to get votes and the media shows their ever-present obedience to gov't by not questioning it.

As I said already...actions speak louder than words. Which President got rid of DADT? Which President is NOT working to maintain DOMA?

None of those have anything to do with marriage. I bet DADT had zero impact on how many gays entered the military.

He's done every bit as much for equal rights in marriage as Bachmann and Santorum.

The fact of the matter is that anti-homosexuality is not a right-wing copyright. Bigotry toward gays streaks clear across the entire spectrum, and every politician is aware of this. Thus the very careful wording in their responses to questions on the matter. There is no finer parsing of words in national politics than you will see on the gay marriage question.

For now, the politicians are comforted by the ignorance of the masses which believe "civil unions" are equal on every level to "marriage". The truth is they are not equal. They are not even "separate but equal". Until a gay "civil union" is recognized throughout the land, and the gay couple gets the identical cash and prizes from the federal government that Ward and June Cleaver get, then they are most decidedly NOT equal in the eyes of the law.

What Obama knows is that if he openly supported gay marriage on the federal level, every black church in America would burn him in effigy. The left wing white churches would lynch him in effigy.

But at least no one would ever mistake him for a Muslim again. :lol:

I agree with all this except any implication that he would lose the black vote. He's still a democrat and he's still a black guy running against a white guy.

It's not like the black demographic will rush out to vote for Romney. They would just stay home. Which is like each black voter casting half a vote for Romney from Obama's perspective.

The black vote was a deciding factor in California on Prop 8.

Actually, Prop 8 was more about religion and age...

Voters' economic status and religious convictions played a greater role than race and age in determining whether they supported the Nov. 4 ballot measure outlawing same-sex marriage in California, a new poll shows.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2008/12/04/poll-prop-8-voting-driven_n_148379.html

If you are voting on this issue you clearly do not have enough to worry about.

None of those have anything to do with marriage. I bet DADT had zero impact on how many gays entered the military.

He's done every bit as much for equal rights in marriage as Bachmann and Santorum.

Wrong

http://www.aclu.org/blog/lgbt-rights/obama-doj-announces-it-will-not-defend-doma-cases-court

:lol::lol::lol:

If you are voting on this issue you clearly do not have enough to worry about.

Well, absent any ability to tout their record without busting into laughter, they wage war on stay-at-home moms, Mitt Romney's dog and spew the virtues of same-sex marriage.

They're toast and they know it...

Forum List

Back