How Long Did You Date Your Significant Other?

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Before you married them, As for me and mine we knew each other about 6 weeks and we're celebrating our 33'd this year.

5 years of living together in sin! I highly suggest it before getting married.

Last edited:
I would have married her after about 1 hour into our first date.

We waited for about 1 1/2 years

25 years on June 21st.. next year..

LOL he wanted to marry me before he actually met me! :eek: What is wrong with you men?

Before you married them, As for me and mine we knew each other about 6 weeks and we're celebrating our 33'd this year.

My husband and I knew each other for a year before we got married. Years ago, I talked to a woman who told me how she met and married her husband on the same day. Seems both of their best friends were eloping, so they drove to Idaho where they don't have to wait to get married. As their friends were about to say their vows, he looked at her and said, "Want to make it a double wedding?" She said, "Sure". :lol: Now that is a marriage I would have guessed would never make it, but she was telling me this story on the eve of their 25th anniversary.

LOL he wanted to marry me before he actually met me! :eek: What is wrong with you men?

Sometimes the magic (me) .. other times pure Hell (others.. I've heard)...:lol:

Magic is one thing, i get that part. Living with someone is a different matter.

My left hand and I have been together 30 years but I'm still not ready to make a committment.

Started dating at 15, moved in together for a couple years, and then married at 20. Divorced last year at 40.

25 years. It took that long for us to be legal.

OK, I'll bite, where does it take 25 years for common law, or whatever mechanism you claim, to declare you legal?

And, better question, why are you making this into a political issue? It's not about anything like that, the subject is: How Long Did You Date Your Significant Other? the law and/or government has NOTHING to do with the subject of this thread. Why can't you leave that BS out of it? Oh right, becos you're an attention whore.

25 years. It took that long for us to be legal.

OK, I'll bite, where does it take 25 years for common law, or whatever mechanism you claim, to declare you legal?

And, better question, why are you making this into a political issue? It's not about anything like that, the subject is: How Long Did You Date Your Significant Other? the law and/or government has NOTHING to do with the subject of this thread. Why can't you leave that BS out of it? Oh right, becos you're an attention whore.

She married a woman. ;)

Forum List

Back