How Long Did It Take You?

Because, conservatives don't believe their own lies. That's why they tell us that business owners create jobs, but when it's inconvenient, they forget all about that and whine "It's not their job to create jobs.

They run away from their own ideas. There's nothing more cowardly than someone who runs from their own ideas simply to win an internet argument

Could you tell me who creates jobs if it's not business owners?

Sure. Demand creates jobs.

Maybe you should take Eco 101 and learn about supply and demand

So as a result, we now have air traffic controllers doing the most stressful job in the world, yet are paid a teacher's salary right out of college.

Is there a draft or involuntary conscription for air traffic controllers? I was unaware of such.

Is there some kind of coercive policy that forces people to go into that line of work?

Have I been operating under a delusion that people who become air traffic controllers do so voluntarily, actually apply and compete for those jobs because historically there have usually been more applicants than jobs to fill? (I know because I applied once for training and was turned down as others had better skill sets and aptitude for that kind of work than I did.)

So, is there an extreme shortage of air traffic controllers now because of the lousy pay? I don't think so. The weak, those who can't handle the stress, are mostly weeded out and replaced after awhile.

The reason we do have a current shortage is that those who are emotionally and functionally capable handle it just fine, but they are required to retire at 56. And because there has been such stability in the system for so long, we now have a huge number of baby boomers who are being retired at a rate greater than there are those with qualifications to replace them.

It's getting better. I believe they exceeded the hiring target in 2006 if I remember right, but we do currently have a shortage. It isn't a shortage of people willing to do the work though. It is a shortage of people capable of doing the work.

And if they can't find enough capable people to apply for the available slots, you can be sure they will up the salary to make it more attractive.

Last edited:
Because, conservatives don't believe their own lies. That's why they tell us that business owners create jobs, but when it's inconvenient, they forget all about that and whine "It's not their job to create jobs.

They run away from their own ideas. There's nothing more cowardly than someone who runs from their own ideas simply to win an internet argument

I've gone long beyond Eco 101. But you didn't answer my question: who creates jobs?

I've gone long beyond Eco 101. But you didn't answer my question: who creates jobs?

Yes, you have gone far beyong any eco class :lol:

Demand creates jobs. Businessmen don't start businesses for which there is no demand

Do you understand basic grammar?

Who does not mean What.

Seriously, what is with you guys today?

Demand creates jobs. Businessmen don't start businesses for which there is no demand

While not the norm, some people can foresee a potential demand and take a risk hoping that it will flourish. Many fail, but that's freedom.

While not the norm, some people can foresee a potential demand and take a risk hoping that it will flourish. Many fail, but that's freedom.

That doesn't contradict what I said in any way.

Who does not mean What.

OK, you want WHO?

The answer is "people who want goods and services and are willing to pay for them"

Most of those people are NOT business owners

Who does not mean What.

OK, you want WHO?

The answer is "people who want goods and services and are willing to pay for them"

You gotta have a fucking job to buy shit sanjaya...in case you forgot that little item of note......how do you create demand when your fucking wallet is empty and your credit cards are maxxed out?

Last edited:

I'm going to side with you on this one. Demand does prompt people to start businesses. Businesses for which there is no market for their product don't survive very long.

So what creates market for their product? Other businesses who need a product in order to produce their own product. Or people with money to spend who want the product. Consumers.

Whenever any part of that process breaks down, it affects everybody. Create any form of uncertainty--and this is usually some stupid policy of government--and businesses, rather than take a big financial hit, hold back on production, expansion, hiring. That means other businesses lose market both from other businesses and from individual consumers.

And this affects the entire circle of supply and demand so that eventually almost everybody gets hurt.

Government serve us best when it can remove uncertainty and establishes policy and regulation that provides assurance of stability and allows business to have a reasonable expectation to project profits to be made. Once that happens, business buys, expands, hires, and everybody benefits.

Our current government is doing nothing to encourage assurance of stability, is rather implementing policy and regulation that creates a chaos of uncertainty, and our economy is in the toilet because of that. And unfortunately we have leaders at the helm who don't see that or don't give a damn.

Would you like me to contradict you?? Do you have an issue with observations??

Would you like me to contradict you?? Do you have an issue with observations??

No, I was pointing that out, not for you, but for the wingnuts who think business owners create jobs. I made no criticisms and no personal attacks. I merely made an observation.

Umm the govt buying products?
Tanks, planes, food, weapons, etc?
The only outfits hiring around here are companies that refurbish military hardware.

Medicare and medicaid spending creates tens of thousands of jobs.

the money state and local govt spends on maintenance and operations?

So you honestly believe that government creates all the jobs in society? Seriously?

No ONLY about 30%.
Where did I give any indication that the govt created ALL jobs?

How many are employed directly by the military? A govt agency? govt projects, roads, etc.

Who does not mean What.

OK, you want WHO?

You gotta have a fucking job to buy shit sanjaya...in case you forgot that little item of note......how do you create demand when your fucking wallet is empty and your credit cards are maxxed out?

Umm "having a job" does not make one a "business owner"

Please try to keep up, cupcake

OK, you want WHO?

keeping up with you is like watching dung beetles push around their little balls of buffalo shit.....going nowhere fast.
OK Sangriah...look....maybe you should try employment 101 and learn what it is to have a job before shooting your mouth off.

keeping up with you is like watching dung beetles push around their little balls of buffalo shit.....going nowhere fast.
OK Sangriah...look....maybe you should try employment 101 and learn what it is to have a job before shooting your mouth off.

Once again, a conservative is too afraid to defend his ideas, and so is reduced to childish name calling. :lol:

I accept your surrender

Once again, a conservative is too afraid to defend his ideas, and so is reduced to childish name calling. :lol:

I accept your surrender

Once again Sample Platter you display your inbred stupidity.....you stated in an earlier post that demand creates jobs...I countered with if you don't have a fucking job...how are you supposed to buy shit and create demand? You're flailing about now so try to make an intelligent response.

The more enlightened of us realized that things were going to hell long before the election.

You're right. For at least a hundred years before the election.

But wouldn't you think at some point somebody would be smart enough to blow up a bridge or something and stop the express to hell? The current administration is widening the highway to hell so they can double the speed.

I accept your surrender

Once again Sample Platter you display your inbred stupidity.....you stated in an earlier post that demand creates jobs...I countered with if you don't have a fucking job...how are you supposed to buy shit and create demand? You're flailing about now so try to make an intelligent response.

I already told you, but maybe it'll sink in the 2nd time. Probably not

Most "people with jobs" are not "business owners"

And once again, you fail to support your own claims. Instead, you're trying to pretend I haven't completely destroyed your absurd argument

Forum List

Back