How long Before they Crack..?

yes the tables have completely turned on them 180 degrees.

Welcome to the world of conservatives who tried to support bush

It took a lot of conservatives all the way up until the bailouts to crack.

Bush lost my support after the patriot act got renewed the first time (I was shortsighted initially and didn't get to upset with him over it at first, but the next year I started thinking long term again and was angered at the patriot act).

In hopes that you don't feel invaded by my reading a fair amount of your renderings, after all it is out there. You struck me as a classic independent with a slight lean to the left.

Part of what I was trying to say in a delicate way (..mm..rhyming) is that Democrats seem, "all in" and protective when it's obvious they can't be fully right.

Take for instance unemployment, 9.8 on average is not good to any logical thought, blame Bush, bypass Democrat control of the House and Senate, consider filibuster proof majorities if you'd like, throw in political gamesmanship and what do you end up with, 9.8 unemployment sucks.

For Democrats or Republicans to exclusively blame each other is simply intellectually dishonest.

Why not "crack", relieve the pressure and admit, that say Obama and the Democrats have indeed screwed up but at the same time remind Republicans of the part their party played.

Finally, this "Patriot Act" thing you have going on kinda bugs me and actually seems too simplified for you. If you apply a standard of fairness, you'd probably end up sitting on a fence spitting on both sides....:lol:

I found the post you were referring to :).

Nah its cool

I totally agree. Remember in January, President Obama pressed for an $800 billion economic “stimulus” package to turn the economy around? Though the bill largely consisted of increased spending on traditional pet project priorities, the President claimed that it would “create or save” 3.5 million jobs. The President’s economic advisors predicted that unemployment would rise to 9 percent by 2010 if Congress did not pass the stimulus bill, but that with the stimulus unemployment would stay below 8 percentage points. Maybe this is what Joe wilson was thinking when he yelled out LIAR :lol:

As far as the patriot act, when it was first introduced I really didn't like it but I was dumb enough to think it was ok to sacrifice a little liberty for security. Then I woke up ;).

Once again, you idiots truly believe that ALL cost estimates were to come in at the exact same numbers, even though it is never, EVER possible to do (even within the private sector).

Unemployment estimated to be only 8%, but has come in at 9.5%. OBAMA LIED!!!! Lied"???

Thus far, the stimulus bill has saved or created between 750,000 and 1,000,000 jobs, not $3.5 million (but there was never a timeframe placed on that claim in the first place). But OBAMA LIED!!!! Lied??

Much of the stimulus money hasn't even been released yet, so to make such an absurd blanket analysis is, well, absurd. What it HAS accomplished so far is save many states from bankruptcy which would have put even MORE people in the unemployment lines.

I keep posting the best link where you can follow the stimulus money, but of course the rabid righties really don't want to know. They much prefer to make up shit like the $787 billion was money flushed down the toilet, which sounds better to the herd who only grasp at soundbites as their fact-checking source. I'm not saying it's perfect; not by a long shot. But once more, I would simply ask what would YOU have done to pump cash flow back into the system and try to prevent even more business closings and layoffs?

Eye on the Stimulus - ProPublica

PI must be literally mentally and emotionally deficient to be posting such whacky stuff.

As a whole, they are still a bunch of miserable fucks.

Says a psychophantic supporter of the parent of a couple of druggie drunken sluts, a family that really was connected to Hitler, and a silly pussy who couldn't keep his hands or lips off of that Saudi prince....

But at least he is now doing what he is actually competent at: pulling weeds in Crawford.

So speaking of miserable fucks, you can add your name to the list of miserable fucks who IN REALITY ARE Hitlerites by association, druggy enablers, and who support children on the drunk - bar floor wrestling....... As well as being unAmerican and of a tratorous frame of mind, LMAO @ YOU, cause that fella with the DIFFERNT kinda name WON, and in fact kicked your loser asses.

So DIAF, ya simple minded slattern!

Oh, and as wines go "Sherry" SUCKS, tastes like shit!

sycophantic. sorry i had to

In hopes that you don't feel invaded by my reading a fair amount of your renderings, after all it is out there. You struck me as a classic independent with a slight lean to the left.

Part of what I was trying to say in a delicate way (..mm..rhyming) is that Democrats seem, "all in" and protective when it's obvious they can't be fully right.

Take for instance unemployment, 9.8 on average is not good to any logical thought, blame Bush, bypass Democrat control of the House and Senate, consider filibuster proof majorities if you'd like, throw in political gamesmanship and what do you end up with, 9.8 unemployment sucks.

For Democrats or Republicans to exclusively blame each other is simply intellectually dishonest.

Why not "crack", relieve the pressure and admit, that say Obama and the Democrats have indeed screwed up but at the same time remind Republicans of the part their party played.

Finally, this "Patriot Act" thing you have going on kinda bugs me and actually seems too simplified for you. If you apply a standard of fairness, you'd probably end up sitting on a fence spitting on both sides....:lol:

Nah its cool

I totally agree. Remember in January, President Obama pressed for an $800 billion economic “stimulus” package to turn the economy around? Though the bill largely consisted of increased spending on traditional pet project priorities, the President claimed that it would “create or save” 3.5 million jobs. The President’s economic advisors predicted that unemployment would rise to 9 percent by 2010 if Congress did not pass the stimulus bill, but that with the stimulus unemployment would stay below 8 percentage points. Maybe this is what Joe wilson was thinking when he yelled out LIAR :lol:

As far as the patriot act, when it was first introduced I really didn't like it but I was dumb enough to think it was ok to sacrifice a little liberty for security. Then I woke up ;).

Once again, you idiots truly believe that ALL cost estimates were to come in at the exact same numbers, even though it is never, EVER possible to do (even within the private sector).

Unemployment estimated to be only 8%, but has come in at 9.5%. OBAMA LIED!!!! Lied"???

Thus far, the stimulus bill has saved or created between 750,000 and 1,000,000 jobs, not $3.5 million (but there was never a timeframe placed on that claim in the first place). But OBAMA LIED!!!! Lied??

Much of the stimulus money hasn't even been released yet, so to make such an absurd blanket analysis is, well, absurd. What it HAS accomplished so far is save many states from bankruptcy which would have put even MORE people in the unemployment lines.

I keep posting the best link where you can follow the stimulus money, but of course the rabid righties really don't want to know. They much prefer to make up shit like the $787 billion was money flushed down the toilet, which sounds better to the herd who only grasp at soundbites as their fact-checking source. I'm not saying it's perfect; not by a long shot. But once more, I would simply ask what would YOU have done to pump cash flow back into the system and try to prevent even more business closings and layoffs?

I'll just answer your last question, payroll tax cuts, don't spend the remains of the stimulus package, tax cuts to small businesses, no Obamacare and cut corporate taxes. Also if a to big to fail business is failing, let it fail. Government out of the auto business, Democrats quit sucking up to labor unions and spending tax payer bucks to keep them employed in businesses that will fail.

I have to give the Democrats allot of credit. They've been taking it on the chin and frequent shots to that "Special Place" for going on 9 months now.

Sure, some are quite testy and they lack humor but considering what they've been through, it's understandable.

Consider this, they've had 8 solid years, and then some, of gleefully undermining, criticizing and generally picking on Bush and his Administration. They had the thrills of useless investigations, conspiracy theories and actual bonafide meat and bones to chew on.

It's has been tough on them, making the transition from back seat drivers to front seat passengers. At times, they can't help themselves from looking in the rear view mirror to blame Bush.

And now, the poor souls, yet again, stuck having to defend the indefensible, rationalize the irrational and justify the ridiculous.

The question now is how long before they crack?

:eusa_wall: ...........ah........... :gives:..................:popcorn:...Lumpy

Good luck with THAT. Delusion has served them well as a buffer against self-analysis/actualization. That isn't going to change.

I have to give the Democrats allot of credit. They've been taking it on the chin and frequent shots to that "Special Place" for going on 9 months now.

Sure, some are quite testy and they lack humor but considering what they've been through, it's understandable.

Consider this, they've had 8 solid years, and then some, of gleefully undermining, criticizing and generally picking on Bush and his Administration. They had the thrills of useless investigations, conspiracy theories and actual bonafide meat and bones to chew on.

It's has been tough on them, making the transition from back seat drivers to front seat passengers. At times, they can't help themselves from looking in the rear view mirror to blame Bush.

And now, the poor souls, yet again, stuck having to defend the indefensible, rationalize the irrational and justify the ridiculous.

Good luck with THAT. Delusion has served them well as a buffer against self-analysis/actualization. That isn't going to change.

Yes, the left is fine. The more important question, IMO, is when the right is going to crack.

The right has cracked, that's the real point here.

The failure of the tea parties to motivate the GOP as a whole, a 3rd party possibly mobilizing under the leadership of people like Dick Army, and America's turning away from the red-faced, pouty whining at the tea parties themselves.

There's self proclaiming conservatives right on this very board talking about how much theyre looking forward to the the civil war when they'll get to shoot liberals and you think the Dems are cracking up?

That's rather amusing in a rather sad way.

You know the right has no plan, no nothing when this is the kind of crap they post:

We had real wars that they started, economic depressions, spying on US, FISA violations.

You guys/girls need to get a life or at least a hobby.:cuckoo:

have to give the Democrats allot of credit. They've been taking it on the chin and frequent shots to that "Special Place" for going on 9 months now.

Sure, some are quite testy and they lack humor but considering what they've been through, it's understandable. Testy and vacuos is the name for the whiners on the right.

Consider this, they've had 8 solid years, and then some, of gleefully undermining, criticizing and generally picking on Bush and his Administration. They had the thrills of useless investigations, conspiracy theories and actual bonafide meat and bones to chew on. Like two screwed up wars and all the dead patriots laid at your conservative screwed up planning doorstep? Broken laws, broken economic system.

It's has been tough on them, making the transition from back seat drivers to front seat passengers. At times, they can't help themselves from looking in the rear view mirror to blame Bush.No shit sherlock. All the crap that Bush left on the street is still rocking and rolling along behind US.

And now, the poor souls, yet again, stuck having to defend the indefensible, rationalize the irrational and justify the ridiculous. No, we have given up trying to explain your complete resistance to anything that might be good for Ameirca if it is related to Obama.

How long before your side takes a crap and empties themself of all the bullshit they are now using as policy?

Nah its cool

I'll just answer your last question, payroll tax cuts, don't spend the remains of the stimulus package, tax cuts to small businesses, no Obamacare and cut corporate taxes. Also if a to big to fail business is failing, let it fail. Government out of the auto business, Democrats quit sucking up to labor unions and spending tax payer bucks to keep them employed in businesses that will fail.

Tax cuts tax cuts tax cuts and more tax cuts. Sure. How'd that work out for ya when Bush did it? The economy started tanking in the summer of 2007. How come his tax cuts didn't help stabilize the situation?

"Too big to fail" simply means, as in the case of GM, if it fails, it takes with it tens of thousands of SMALL BUSINESSES with it. Duh...

OP is nothing but a fantasy of wishful thinking.
Taken shots? By that do you mean outdistancing their opposition in numbers and approval?
Testy and lack humor? Count the vulgar insults you see here and corrolate those to political leaning - it's not even close.
Useless investigations? By that do you mean torture and compromising intelligence operatives or do you mean blow jobs?
I understand the phychological principle of projection - thanks for the crystal clear example.
And this coming from a guy who has no use for the far left (and the far right for that matter).

I have to give the Democrats allot of credit. They've been taking it on the chin
The Democrats have to give the credit to Monica Lewinsky for teaching them how to take it on the chin!

MonicaLewinsky.png

Tax cuts tax cuts tax cuts and more tax cuts. Sure. How'd that work out for ya when Bush did it? The economy started tanking in the summer of 2007. How come his tax cuts didn't help stabilize the situation?

"Too big to fail" simply means, as in the case of GM, if it fails, it takes with it tens of thousands of SMALL BUSINESSES with it. Duh...

If it's going to happen anyway why delay it, get it over with, why waste tax payers money propping up a business doomed to failure? Take the hit and move on...

Last edited:

How true, alas, my feeble attempt to be kind and understanding falls in the chum bucket of time...., oh... well...:frown:

MaggieMae its easy to understand why i'm saying obama lied about the stimulus and unemployment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJu0DgpiK8c]YouTube - The Obama Stimulus: Predictions vs. Reality[/ame]

MaggieMae its easy to understand why i'm saying obama lied about the stimulus and unemployment

YouTube - The Obama Stimulus: Predictions vs. Reality

All the funds have not yet been released, so your bean counter is moot at this point. I for one am thankful that the money wasn't just shoveled out the door with no solid assurance of who, why, what the funds would be used for. An unemloyment (or employment) projection is just that; hardly a "lie."

All the funds have not yet been released, so your bean counter is moot at this point. I for one am thankful that the money wasn't just shoveled out the door with no solid assurance of who, why, what the funds would be used for. An unemloyment (or employment) projection is just that; hardly a "lie."

Actually Emma in this instance its not moot. Obama told us in january that if we passed the stimulus we would save (not lose any) or create several million jobs. In fact it is almost the end of 2009 and we are currently down 2.5 million jobs. Here are some links to back up what i'm saying

Obama says stimulus plan can save jobs | U.S. | Reuters

Now I hope his prediction that within 2 years (january 2011) the stimulus will create 3.5million jobs does come true. But so far his shorter term prediction was way off.

Your Weekly Address

Actually Emma in this instance its not moot. Obama told us in january that if we passed the stimulus we would save (not lose any) or create several million jobs. In fact it is almost the end of 2009 and we are currently down 2.5 million jobs. Here are some links to back up what i'm saying

Now I hope his prediction that within 2 years (january 2011) the stimulus will create 3.5million jobs does come true. But so far his shorter term prediction was way off.

Your Weekly Address

I agree, but it still doesn't constitute a LIE, which is my point. You simply cannot use economic projections that don't come true 100% and label them lies. Were all of us who relied on the promise that our 401Ks would be safe calling it a LIE when they all began suffering major losses? No. Shit happens in an economic firestorm such as this, both on a government level and a personal level.

And I'm not "Emma."

Your Weekly Address

I agree, but it still doesn't constitute a LIE, which is my point. You simply cannot use economic projections that don't come true 100% and label them lies. Were all of us who relied on the promise that our 401Ks would be safe calling it a LIE when they all began suffering major losses? No. Shit happens in an economic firestorm such as this, both on a government level and a personal level.

And I'm not "Emma."

When you make a statement as fact...whether conjecture or not....it is a lie if it is not true.

He made a statement. One that was made to sell.

Mortgage brokers told borrowers they will be able to refinance when their rates spiked. They said it as fact...when in fact it was an assumption based on past history.

They were labelled as liars for stating such as fact.

Obama did not say "We believe it will not go above 8%.....they said it as fact that it will not go above 8%.

Call it an example of political immaturity at best....a lie at worst...either way he never gave the American people reason to believe that he was assuming.

His actions are no more ethical than those of the mortgage brokers he chastised.

Forum List

Back