How long before Tarvaris Jackson starts?

elvis

Rookie
Sep 15, 2008
Favre is awful, but my guess is he'll finish out the season as starter.

With Childress now fired,I would be surprised if he did.Now they need to fire favre and let Jackson finish the year to have experience for next year.although I think they should aquire a veteran quarterback and draft one next year.Jackson is not the answer to their future.If he was,they never would have aquired Favre in the first place if they believed in him.

With Childress now fired,I would be surprised if he did.Now they need to fire favre and let Jackson finish the year to have experience for next year.although I think they should aquire a veteran quarterback and draft one next year.Jackson is not the answer to their future.If he was,they never would have aquired Favre in the first place if they believed in him.

This is a good point. Although there's also the possibility that the MGMT thought Jackson wasn't ready to start, needed a couple seasons at practice and under an experienced QB to sharpen his skills, and they brought Favre out of "retirement" as a kind of interim until Jackson was ready. Maybe.

Ideally I'd like Jackson to start against the 'skins. But Frazier said unequivocally that Favre will be the starter. This organization is making a huge mistake if they don't start looking for a starting QB, right now, for next year. Even if Favre wants to play for the Vikings in the '11 season, they should tell him to go somewhere else... time to move on.

This is a good point. Although there's also the possibility that the MGMT thought Jackson wasn't ready to start, needed a couple seasons at practice and under an experienced QB to sharpen his skills, and they brought Favre out of "retirement" as a kind of interim until Jackson was ready. Maybe.

Ideally I'd like Jackson to start against the 'skins. But Frazier said unequivocally that Favre will be the starter. This organization is making a huge mistake if they don't start looking for a starting QB, right now, for next year. Even if Favre wants to play for the Vikings in the '11 season, they should tell him to go somewhere else... time to move on.

the good news for Vikings fans is Favre wont be coming back for sure this time.You got to remember he didnt want to come back this year and four of his teammates had to fly down to his house to talk him into coming back.He should never have listened to them.Im sure he would rather be remembered as the guy who threw one costly interception to keep them from going to the superbowl than as a washed up old geezer who played past his prime.Because he came back,he will be remembered that way the same way Warren Moon is.

I remember seeing Jackson play in a few games when he was the starter for them,He was terrible.He has been a bust but I would still finish him the rest of the season and next year use their high draft pick they will have for a quarterback and aquire a veteran quarterback in the off season for him to watch and learn from such as John Kitna.Romo will be back next year so spend the money on Kitna to be your starter next year while developing your new quarterback out of college.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back