How Long Before Reacting To Pirates?

Sunni man, I think I owe you an apology.

You are not entirely a waste of ASCII , after all.

Thank god you're paying attention to Somalia, I confess I've been too busy obsessing about Americans' plight to give much thought to what's happening there.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, amigo.

Thank god you're paying attention to Somalia, I confess I've been too busy obsessing about Americans' plight to give much thought to what's happening there.

Did you give Sunni Man a positive rep? It looks like he could use a few.

I did. But I do confess that I did so partly so that all the pos rep he gives me would carry some weight with it.

I really can't take all the credit Editec. My wife is from that area and knows all about the ecological disaster on Somali's coast and water.

She is the one who told me. Otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue either.

America's media hasn't said a word about it on the news.

I swear the US has the worst news coverage of any country. Middle East, African, and even some Europen news organizations have reporters covering this issue.

We are just feed what our government likes to have reported and not the whole story.

Last edited:
I really can't take all the credit Editec. My wife is from that area and knows all about the ecological disaster on Somali's coast and water.

I swear the US has the worst news coverage of any country. Middle East, African, and even some Europen news organizations have reporters covering this issue.

We are just feed what our government likes to have reported and not the whole story.

Who cares? Pirates are bad guys. They need to shadow these ships with subs and blow the scumbags out of the water where found and all this relativist "let's understand how the poor bad guys feel" is bullshit.

Understanding how the bad guys feel might actually reduce violence in the world.

Do you believe such an end would justify the means?

Who cares? Pirates are bad guys. They need to shadow these ships with subs and blow the scumbags out of the water where found and all this relativist "let's understand how the poor bad guys feel" is bullshit.

I completely agree with you concerning the pirates. But the people that are dumping in places like Somalia should be dealt with in the same way as the pirates. Their actions are resulting in the deaths of innocent people, and they should be held accountable in the same manner as anyone that kills people for profit.

Many Europen and Asian countries are using Somalia as a waste dump.

Should they just sit there and take it.

In reality, they aren't pirates at all.

Their coasts and fishing waters are being destroyed by other countries and large corporations.

All they are doing is extracting money from the violaters who are invading their waters.

I had heard about that story before you posted it. On NPR probably. But true, that coverage of the whole picture is minimal.

Their coasts and fishing waters are being destroyed by other countries and large corporations.

All they are doing is extracting money from the violaters who are invading their waters.
there are better ways to deal with it than piracy

ya-- piracy and kidnapping sound reasonable to me

ya-- piracy and kidnapping sound reasonable to me

i'm sure the captain of the super tanker planned to pull into somali littoral waters, open the seacocks, and dump $100MM worth of crude.

thank god the valiant somali greenpeace members were able to prevent that from happening.

i'm sure the captain of the super tanker planned to pull into somali littoral waters, open the seacocks, and dump $100MM worth of crude.

thank god the valiant somali greenpeace members were able to prevent that from happening.

It doesn't matter--all them big ships look the same to poor illiterate people. They get a pass.

Forum List

Back