How Long Before Reacting To Pirates?

of course it matters
and you called ME the clown?
nice going, moron

I knew that rep notification was going to be bad rep from you, Mr. Get My Name Right or Else. As you know, I don't retaliate with neg rep. But I do shut people off from the good stuff.

Now give yourself some bad rep. You know you deserve it.

I knew that rep notification was going to be bad rep from you, Mr. Get My Name Right or Else. As you know, I don't retaliate with neg rep. But I do shut people off from the good stuff.

Now give yourself some bad rep. You know you deserve it.
no, you deserved it
i was dealing with you civally and you called me a clown
when you are the one showing the signs of clownism

no, you deserved it
i was dealing with you civally and you called me a clown
when you are the one showing the signs of clownism

I call everyone a clown. I had no idea you really are a clown in real life.
And yes, Einstein, I am a clown!!! Or maybe a court jester.
(I think you have some things to learn before you make it to message board administrator)

you are totally wrong on the issue, and your sole victory is you made someone post the facts that you were wrong????

WEAK

No, I am not wrong. I like those guy's spunk. That is the truth. That's the only thing I asserted and you are wrong to claim I said anything other than that.

You spoke too soon. Check out the spin on it.:lol:

Good to see you chuckle, Grumpy. I know where your funnybone is.
Tickle.gif

I've been rereading The Last Time I Saw Paris by Elliot Paul 1942 and last night I read these two paragraphs:

"Mussolini sounded off on May 7th [1935], warning the "powers" not to interfere in his theft of Abyssinia. The only powers in question were England, France, the United States and Russia.

The farce in the League of Nations is familiar to everyone who can remember that far back. The Negus made a dignified speech; the League appointed an undignified committee. Mussolini gassed and bombed the Abyssinians; Laval stuck by him. In order to save it's face the League voted sanctions, omitting the only one that would have stopped the campaign, namely an embargo on gasoline. The United States Department of State could not see its way clear to pursuade American dealers not to sell fuel. So what could the British and french dealers do? Laval got together with his moral equal and social superior, Sir Samuel Hoare, who still is around somewhere back of Churchill, and they gave away the Abyssinians and their territory"

Funny that I should read this after debating the issue of Somali's charging tolls on oil tankers over 50 years later.

Last edited:
I've been rereading The Last Time I Saw Paris by Elliot Paul 1942 and last night I read these two paragraphs:

"Mussolini sounded off on May 7th [1935], warning the "powers" not to interfere in his theft of Abyssinia. The only powers in question were England, France, the United States and Russia.

The farce in the League of Nations is familiar to everyone who can remember that far back. The Negus made a dignified speech; the League appointed an undignified committee. Mussolini gassed and bombed the Abyssinians; Laval stuck by him. In order to save it's face the League voted sanctions, omitting the only one that would have stopped the campaign, namely an embargo on gasoline. The United States Department of State could not see its way clear to pursuade American dealers not to sell fuel. So what could the British and french dealers do? Laval got together with his moral equal and social superior, Sir Samuel Hoare, who still is around somewhere back of Churchill, and they gave away the Abyssinians and their territory"

Funny that I should read this after debating the issue of Somali's charging tolls on oil tankers over 50 years later.
well, the USA was not a member of the League of Nations

The US wasn't barred from using common sense and telling US oil companies not to trade with Mussolini.

The US wasn't barred from using common sense and telling US oil companies not to trade with Mussolini.
but to do so, congress would have had to pass a law
and at that time most in this country were isolationist and didn't care about the rest of the world, it would have been hard for them to vote for such a law and then face voters
I'm not saying i agree with it, just basically stating the facts

I see. I don't think the author was suggesting the US was in the League of Nations, however.

I see. I don't think the author was suggesting the US was in the League of Nations, however.
nevermind, you completely missed my point
and i'm fed up with having to explain everything in minute detail for people that seem to lack an understanding of history

Forum List

Back