How Limbaugh eclipsed GOP contest: Republican icon's comments could benefit Democrats

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
You fucked up big time Rush Limbaugh. GOP, suffer the consequences. President Obama thanks you. :clap2:

Limbaugh comments overshadow GOP contest - Yahoo! News

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Intensifying debate over conservative social values — and Republican icon Rush Limbaugh — overshadowed the nation's economic concerns Sunday as the Republican presidential campaign hurtled toward Super Tuesday contests that could re-shape the nomination battle and shift the direction of the Grand Old Party.

Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum distanced themselves from Limbaugh, who boasts a huge conservative following and recently apologized for calling a Georgetown University law student a "slut" and a "prostitute" on his nationally syndicated radio program. The woman testified at a congressional hearing in favor of an Obama administration mandate that employee health plans include free contraceptive coverage. While religious institutions are exempt, their affiliates, such as hospitals and universities, were at first included in the requirement. Under harsh criticism from conservatives, President Barack Obama later said the affiliates could opt out, but insurers must pay for the coverage.

The GOP framed the issue as one of religious liberty. But Obama's chief political strategist suggested the Limbaugh's reaction — and Republicans slow repudiation of his comments — would benefit Democrats in the general election this fall.

"I think what Rush Limbaugh said about that young woman was not only vile and degrading to her, but to women across the country," David Axelrod said on ABC's "This Week" Sunday morning...

Could?

Rush making the hard right look more intolerant than ever is nothing but a benefit to Mr. Obama. On the national scene, if the GOP continues to wish to dig itself into this hole, the DNC should just keep handing them shovels.

If handled correctly (it's a state-by-state thing of course), the DNC may be able to hold on to the Senate if this story continues to have legs. As the politics become more localized the precise stances of the opponents become easier to examine. Merely asking a GOP candidate if he agrees with Limbo on this can move the needle a little bit. You see it here on the micro scale, morons who never met the woman and will never meet the woman echoing the "slut" word. These idiots who post here who have taken that stance are risking nothing. The candidate will be risking his or her funding by not agreeing with Limbo so there will be tacit acceptance which will lose a segment of votes.

Two more years (at least) of Harry Reid? Ugggh!

The Democrats must simply LOVE Rush, right now.

My guess is his latest misogynist hate-speech will stimulate millions of women to vote for Obama.

Way to go Rush.

He called a 30-year-old "college student" who's fucking everything on campus a slut.

So?

He called a 30-year-old "college student" who's fucking everything on campus a slut.

So?

Rush nailed it.

I seriously doubt Rush has "nailed" anything. When those skirts of fat fall over his needle dick, he is probably lucky if he can rub up against "it".

So calling a promiscuous woman a slut is more terrible than 39 dead from tornadoes?

Obama seems to think so.

He did this before. He was MIA the last time we had a rash of deaths from tornadoes.

But he found time to personally call Sandra Fluke within hours of the story gaining prominence?

My oh my!

Maybe I missed it. If so, please do me a favor and re-post it. Has there been any evidence submitted to substantiate the claim that Fluke was, or is, promiscuous...or was fucking everything on campus?

And...Mud....what is with you? You are deflecting and going off topic AGAIN.

You fucked up big time Rush Limbaugh. GOP, suffer the consequences. President Obama thanks you. :clap2:

Limbaugh comments overshadow GOP contest - Yahoo! News

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Intensifying debate over conservative social values — and Republican icon Rush Limbaugh — overshadowed the nation's economic concerns Sunday as the Republican presidential campaign hurtled toward Super Tuesday contests that could re-shape the nomination battle and shift the direction of the Grand Old Party.

Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum distanced themselves from Limbaugh, who boasts a huge conservative following and recently apologized for calling a Georgetown University law student a "slut" and a "prostitute" on his nationally syndicated radio program. The woman testified at a congressional hearing in favor of an Obama administration mandate that employee health plans include free contraceptive coverage. While religious institutions are exempt, their affiliates, such as hospitals and universities, were at first included in the requirement. Under harsh criticism from conservatives, President Barack Obama later said the affiliates could opt out, but insurers must pay for the coverage.

The GOP framed the issue as one of religious liberty. But Obama's chief political strategist suggested the Limbaugh's reaction — and Republicans slow repudiation of his comments — would benefit Democrats in the general election this fall.

"I think what Rush Limbaugh said about that young woman was not only vile and degrading to her, but to women across the country," David Axelrod said on ABC's "This Week" Sunday morning...

The American electorate has the memory of a turnip. in a couple of months no one will remember.

So calling a promiscuous woman a slut is more terrible than 39 dead from tornadoes?

Obama seems to think so.

He did this before. He was MIA the last time we had a rash of deaths from tornadoes.

But he found time to personally call Sandra Fluke within hours of the story gaining prominence?

Seems to me you could care less about those "39 dead''.

All you extremists care about is playing 'gotcha' against President Obama just to quench your r-wing extremist, politically-correct agenda. Am I right? Of course I am.

LOL, another Wet dream thread.

9% Unemployment
gas heading up to 5bucks a gallon
food prices out the wahoo
yet these idiots BELIEVE the people are going to give a shit about RUSH when they go to VOTE...

you can't make this dumb shit up folks

Forum List

Back