How left wing cynicism and black and white thinking begets evil.

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
If you engage in the leftist black/white thinking which says "to be successful in business, one must lie, cheat and steal", this negativism often justifies your own bad behavior and spreads evil even further.

Just my two cent's worth:

Leftism in it's purest form - taken to it's logical conclusion, espouses precisely the view that RWA cited. Property is theft; wealth is a zero/sum game. Therefore, if you are rich, it's because I'm not. It's an easy out for the weak and the jealous, and there's always a tyrant ready to exploit the lie for his own gain.

• Banned
gop_jeff said:
What lefties are currently espousing this worldview?

All of them. Haven't you heard the "rich people get that way by stealing and cheating" rhetoric? Course ya have.

rtwngAvngr said:
All of them. Haven't you heard the "rich people get that way by stealing and cheating" rhetoric? Course ya have.

Well, I would consider that statement "All of them" a form of black or white thinking too. ;)

Black or White thinking occurs when we do not allow for anything in-between. It happens when we place everything into either one category or another. It's when we ignore any other potential categories that may exist.

Unfortunately political debate tends to gravitate to black or white thinking as it tends to simplify things. It is also used to provide the "logical thinking" that justifies some forms of thinking, as in your example. Since many people do make money by lying and cheating, B&W thinking logically jumps to the conclustion that rich people are liers and cheaters. It totally ignores the category of people who get rich honestly.

People like to categorize and are easily susceptible to this type of "logical thinking" especially in this sound-bite world. I have to agree that the left tends to use this type of thinking quite alot. I also tend to think that liberals fall in the category of those who are "rationally-impaired". :rolleyes:

• Banned
ScreamingEagle said:
I have to agree that the left tends to use this type of thinking quite alot.

And don't forget part two. When the sheeple buy into the hyperbole it is used subconsciously or consciously to justify their own bad behavior.

Sorry I don't use the qualifiers "often times", or "many times it is the case that". Life is too short. :)

musicman said:
Just my two cent's worth:

Leftism in it's purest form - taken to it's logical conclusion, espouses precisely the view that RWA cited. Property is theft; wealth is a zero/sum game. Therefore, if you are rich, it's because I'm not. It's an easy out for the weak and the jealous, and there's always a tyrant ready to exploit the lie for his own gain.
I love the next step that invariably follows in that reasoning which is "it is okay to steal from rich people, after all, they stole it from me". :lame2:

• Banned
HorhayAtAMD said:
I love the next step that invariably follows in that reasoning which is "it is okay to steal from rich people, after all, they stole it from me". :lame2:

Fonzie says, "Exactimundo!". :thup:

rtwngAvngr said:
If you engage in the leftist black/white thinking which says "to be successful in business, one must lie, cheat and steal", this negativism often justifies your own bad behavior and spreads evil even further.

Once more your logic is as flawed as your premise.

I've met many folks over the years who succeeded in business because they were honest, and never cheated a customer or stole a dime. They treated their employees decently, provided a living wage and good benefits. It's those who believe in profit at any price that give the majority of business people who deal honestly in their business a bad name.

Bullypulpit said:
Once more your logic is as flawed as your premise.

I've met many folks over the years who succeeded in business because they were honest, and never cheated a customer or stole a dime. They treated their employees decently, provided a living wage and good benefits. It's those who believe in profit at any price that give the majority of business people who deal honestly in their business a bad name.

Most libs in their rhetoric will imply that all business people are evil. When you bring up the fact that many are successful honestly, they get mad and huffy about it, because it deflates the legitimacy of their class warfare arguments. This is just my experience. I'm sorry you live on the moon and are disconnected from reality, but ultimately, that's your problem.

Forum List

Back