How it feel to have to make end meet.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV

Romney say he “knows how it feels to have to make ends meet.” Tell me Romney how it feels to have to make ends meet when you have a million dollars in pocket change in your pocket? When have you ever lived from pay check to pay check ever? Millions of Americans are doing just that. They know that it feels like an elephant sitting on their chest. Like you are afraid to take a deep breath because you may be charged for the air you breathe. Going to bed hungry. Having the utilities turned off in the middle of winter and not know how you will have them turned back on. Having to make a choice between staying home with Johnny when he is sick or going to work to save your job. Sleepless nights wondering how you are going to make ends meet. Having no money for doctor bills. Swallowing your pride an self respect. Taking your baby to a sitter and wondering all day if he/she is ok. Living out of a car with children and the car has run out of gas. Putting card board in the bottom of Johnny’s shoes to cover the holes. Johnny needs $5 for a school project and you know have it. And the list is never ending. These are the people who knows how it feel to live pay check to pay check not knowing how to make ends meet. They are the people that Romney say have a “safety net.” Until Romney, Ann and his boys have walked in the shoes of these people he cannot imagine how it feels to have to make ends meet. And it is an insult, condescending and arrogance for him to ever began to imagine how it feels to have to make end meet living from pay check to pay check. Just like they cannot know how it feels not to have to live from pay check to pay check trying to make ends meet.

I could believe that Obama know how it feels have to live from pay check to pay check by a single mother and have to make ends meet. He actually live it with his mother. But Romney. No way in hell can he know.
Obama, tell Romney how it feels.

Obama’s and Romney’s first job.

Obama: Ice-Cream Scooper
Obama’s very first job was scooping ice cream at a Honolulu Baskin-Robbins. He later described the brutal conditions he endured: "Chocolate ice cream gets real hard,” he has said. “Your wrists hurt. [Carpal tunnel syndrome, although] they didn't call it that.” That’s not the only reason he considers this his worst job — he ate too much ice cream and, consequently, doesn’t like it anymore.
Romney: Factory Security Guard
By all intents and purposes, Romney went straight from the elite Cranbrook private school outside Detroit to Stanford, to Brigham Young, to Harvard Business and Harvard Law, to a job at the Boston Consulting Group, and then the straight-to-the-stars business career that would make him a millionaire many times over. But a line hidden away in a 2007 New Republic article reveals that Romney did have a job before that, as a security guard at a Chrysler plant one summer during his high school years. This was part of George Romney's regimen of chores and character-building exercises, which included getting an early taste of the working life.
Electopedia 2012 - Barack Obama and Mitt Romney's First Jobs -- New York Magazine

How did he quality for a security guard while in high school? I do know he gave free hair cuts.

Romney say he “knows how it feels to have to make ends meet.” Tell me Romney how it feels to have to make ends meet when you have a million dollars in pocket change in your pocket? When have you ever lived from pay check to pay check ever? Millions of Americans are doing just that. They know that it feels like an elephant sitting on their chest. Like you are afraid to take a deep breath because you may be charged for the air you breathe. Going to bed hungry. Having the utilities turned off in the middle of winter and not know how you will have them turned back on. Having to make a choice between staying home with Johnny when he is sick or going to work to save your job. Sleepless nights wondering how you are going to make ends meet. Having no money for doctor bills. Swallowing your pride an self respect. Taking your baby to a sitter and wondering all day if he/she is ok. Living out of a car with children and the car has run out of gas. Putting card board in the bottom of Johnny’s shoes to cover the holes. Johnny needs $5 for a school project and you know have it. And the list is never ending. These are the people who knows how it feel to live pay check to pay check not knowing how to make ends meet. They are the people that Romney say have a “safety net.” Until Romney, Ann and his boys have walked in the shoes of these people he cannot imagine how it feels to have to make ends meet. And it is an insult, condescending and arrogance for him to ever began to imagine how it feels to have to make end meet living from pay check to pay check. Just like they cannot know how it feels not to have to live from pay check to pay check trying to make ends meet.

I could believe that Obama know how it feels have to live from pay check to pay check by a single mother and have to make ends meet. He actually live it with his mother. But Romney. No way in hell can he know.

I'm sure you had the same sentiments when John "Gigolo" Kerry was running, huh?

Complaining or even admitting financial struggles around here will show you just how compassionate (not) conservatives are, sure you can complain about taxes and the prices of things going up being the fault of the government and it going to make you poor but to admit poverty anywhere on boards such as this will bring the most horrible people out to tell you that your difficulties are all your fault and no one else is to blame.

I will ALWAYS remember Ann Romney's words about their "tough" time in college.

THis isn't verbatum, but its pretty damn close

Ann- Times were so tough in college we actually considered selling stocks from our personal portfolio.

OH WOW, it must of been REAL hard for them.

It was during the primary, when she first stated making appearences. She was addressing a crowd or something

Last edited:
Oh for gods sake, what you guys will bitch about is amazing.

Yea it must have been real hard for Obama living in Hawaii.
Especially when his poor grandmother was a lowly VP at a bank.
Yea must have been hell living on that island.
Romney was an idiot for saying what he did but to say either of these to no what it is truly like to live paycheck tp paycheck is a joke and an insult to those who truly struggle to make ends meet.

It's obummer's economy. If you can't make ends meet talk to Axelrod.. see how far that gets you.

Bless your little ole heart, I do believe that you're falling off the deep end. Obama has no more clue than Romney as to what it means to do without. Poor children don't go to private school. By your own admission Romney's father took pains to make certain that his son knew what it was like to be a working man. And really, Baskin Robbins brutal?:laugh2:
Seriously, posts like this just make Obama seem absurd.

Very interesting, now lets take a look at this from a new perspective, principle is hard to obtain it takes a considerable amount of self control, sacrifice, and discipline to accumulate and preserve; now through a democrats eye's dam! lets spend it and have some high times, from a republicans eye, lets cut back on our life style and preserve principle for emergencies, uncertain future, our children, and when things return to a manageable state take a trip. The key point is some adjust their life styles and save, while others don't change or adjust their life styles and spend every dollar they come by. Regardless of political affiliation living from paycheck to paycheck requires adjustments and the longer those adjustments are postponed the tougher it will be. Try running a business, pays it's bills and employees whose owner at the end of the month has to explain to his wife and kids that business sucks and will have to cut back because dad just took another decrease in pay to keep the business open, or explains to his wife that the mortgage holder will agree to interest only on the mortgage for the next month so they can make the car payments, buy food, and pay the utilities. You liberal pukes don't have a freaking clue but dam your good at the stereotypes.

Romney wasn't born wealthy. He knows what it means to go without and, more importantly, he knows how to turn that around. Obama is said to have grown up poor, though went to two expensive colleges and made many trips overseas. How does a poor person do that unless he has a lot of help?

I think its just a little messed up when a person with a NET worth of some $200 million says the he knows what its like to make ends meet.

Lots of successful people are successful because they started with little to nothing and therefore learned the importance of hard work in order to get the things that you want from life.

Last edited:
I think its just a little messed up when a person with a NET worth of some $200 million says the he knows what its like to make ends meet.

Out of the two choices, I think Romney is the best chance for the next 4 years so I do not have to know what it is like to have to make ends meet

LOL Obama is a multi-millionaire and grew up with a mom who worked in banking.......he knows no better than Romney.

Neither the President nor Romney have had to know what it feels like to make ends meet in this century so if your going after one go after both.

Last edited:
Romney is full of shit. Obama is to. Try living and wondering where your next meal is coming from,going without literally so your kids can eat. I hate obama and romney both. Fucking elitist pricks.

Romney is full of shit. Obama is to. Try living and wondering where your next meal is coming from,going without literally so your kids can eat. I hate obama and romney both. Fucking elitist pricks.

I agree that neither Obama nor Romney really know what its like being poor as they both had well off parents.

However I disagree with hating both of them for being wealthy, I don't hate nor envy Obama's or Romney's wealth.

Forum List

Back