How is your English?

No, I take that back. I thought the Trees was written by someone else but I guess not.

Don't take it back, it's completely true.

For starters...

2112 is based entirely on Ayn Rand's "Anthem"

Xanadu is based on Samual Taylor Coleridge's "Kubla Khan"

My mother has a poodle named Kubla.

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.

I can't see little Kubla declaring a stately pleasure dome, but you never know.

No, he's very happy despite the loss of quite a few teeth through the years. My mother loves him beyond reason. I certainly hopes she outlives him because if she doesn't, I inherit him and believe me, his life would be very different, he would no longer be the sultan he is today.

Regarding the poem, Coleridge didn't finish it because he dreamed it, and before he reached the end of it some tax collector or some such came to his door and interrupted his dream. Which is rather sad, and made Coleridge (who I strongly suspect was addicted to opiates) irritated.

the context is analygous to a mechanic that shows up at his new job with his own tools.

More like you showing up for your first day of work wearing this:

BKCrown_Full.jpg

i don't necessarily disagree, and i was STUCK too, with the 'lack of a better word or words'....

and the term does not need to be used, just giving examples of the brick walls one was up against, and the sollution one developed to break through those walls, with the monitary value of such, should be enough, without any of those embellishments mentioned, including my own cliche, of ''thinking outside of the box''.....

anyway, one resume, is not good enough....it needs to be tailored towards the job opening....it could be that all they want and need is a pencil pusher, not an entrepreneur....tailor the resume to meet such...a team player, inside the box! :D

care

Maybe the most annoying thing about that expression is that it's so succinct and was very clever at one time. "Innovative thinking" is about all I can come up with as a substitute but it's not as visual as "thinking outside the box".
*sigh*

Forum List

Back