how is this NOT illegal?

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
medicare estimate kept from congress and the public

Thomas Scully, the administration's Medicare chief until December, threatened to fire chief Medicare actuary Richard Foster to prevent him from giving information to lawmakers. Scully, then the administrator of the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, "has the final authority to determine the flow of information to Congress," the unsigned report said.

more in the article.

Oooookay - So now the dems are sharpening their hatchets because they were not advised of the costs of a program that was hatched by Hillary Clinton (aka the Wicked Witch of the East).

Fine, investigate why the figures were not released. That was as dumb as it was unethical - assuming the figures were reliable.

THEN investigate how much MORE a program like the one championed by la femme Clinton and now being pushed by Jaques Francois Kerrie would soak the taxpayers. I'd damn sure like to know that.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Oooookay - So now the dems are sharpening their hatchets because they were not advised of the costs of a program that was hatched by Hillary Clinton (aka the Wicked Witch of the East).

Fine, investigate why the figures were not released. That was as dumb as it was unethical - assuming the figures were reliable.

THEN investigate how much MORE a program like the one championed by la femme Clinton and now being pushed by Jaques Francois Kerrie would soak the taxpayers. I'd damn sure like to know that.

why would the program initiated by windbag clinton and badhair kerry even be brought up for this? and why investigate THEIR program when the one thats currently in use, pushed and prodded along with false numbers, is the one thats in question?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
why would the program initiated by windbag clinton and badhair kerry even be brought up for this? and why investigate THEIR program when the one thats currently in use, pushed and prodded along with false numbers, is the one thats in question?

Okay already, you caught me. I was just trying my hand at a favorite liberal tactic of answering a charge with a loosely related counter-charge.:p:

Guess I need more practice.

But it would be interesting to make a comparison of the projected cost of the Bush program vs that proposed by the Dems. Personally, I think it would make what little hair I have left stand on end.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
But it would be interesting to make a comparison of the projected cost of the Bush program vs that proposed by the Dems.

no, that actually scares the hell out of me. :eek2:

Forum List

Back