How is this even possible?

Why does no one on earth know how to stop the fucking oil gusher?

because bush and cheney are in bed with the oil giants....DUH

you think there's no correlation between something like this happening and the fact that our energy policy was created behind closed doors by cheney and oil company lobbyists?
Only, the policy that allowed for this was established under Clinton and 'king-of-green-concern' :)lol:) Gore :eusa_shhh:.

Sounds like someone is going to have to come to terms with the fact that HUMANS ARE NOT THE ULTIMATE POWER ON THIS PLANET.

We don't control and will never control nature.

I haven't figured out why BP hasn't tried dumping 100,000 ShamWows into the Gulf, which would quickly absorb all of the water. Then they could simply walk over to the gusher, turn it off like they normally would with a land gusher, and then wring out the ShamWows to return things back to normal.

STUPID ASSES!

Despite Moratorium, Drilling Projects Move Ahead

WASHINGTON — In the days since President Obama announced a moratorium on permits for drilling new offshore oil wells and a halt to a controversial type of environmental waiver that was given to the Deepwater Horizon rig, at least seven new permits for various types of drilling and five environmental waivers have been granted, according to records.

The records also indicate that since the April 20 explosion on the rig, federal regulators have granted at least 19 environmental waivers for gulf drilling projects and at least 17 drilling permits, most of which were for types of work like that on the Deepwater Horizon shortly before it exploded, pouring a ceaseless current of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

Despite Moratorium, Drilling Projects Move Ahead - NYTimes.com

oh...but its bush and cheney who are in bed with big oil...

Well, I did ask why BP doesn't know how to stop it. Isn't this their fault?
I don't know. I don't think they wanted it to happen. And since apparently no one knows what to do you can't really blame them anymore than anyone else for not knowing.

How big is this pocket of oil? Does anyone know even that?

Good question, I'd been wondering that as well...

BP's Gulf well stems from the Macondo oil prospect, a reservoir located roughly 18,000 feet below sea level, or 15,000 feet below the ocean floor. The prospect was estimated to have contained 50 million barrels before the explosion, a BP spokesman said earlier this month.

Calculations based on the BP and government estimates reveal that somewhere between 0.94 and 1.48 percent of the Macondo reservoir has been depleted.

How Much Oil Remains Under the Gulf? - Science and Tech - The Atlantic
That raises another question...wouldn't the depletion cause a sink hole? And if so, what effect would that have on other wells in the area?

:eusa_angel:

Because its a mile under the surface of the water. Were limited on what we can do with robots at those depths. I know it must crush your soul to know our almighty Hussein-led government cannot do a fucking thing. I guess the earth will just have to deal with its own 100% naturally made substance that is leaking out.

no government would know what to do with this, but, please show everyone how good a hack you are.

the rightwingers wanna drill baby drill...

and they've been yelling for nuclear energy for years.

as if that result, in case of emergency, would be any better.

then why did they issue and renew the permits? she asked politely

Last edited:
I know this is going to sound pretty lame but why can't they just put a cork in it? There must be a way to do it.

I know this is going to sound pretty lame but why can't they just put a cork in it? There must be a way to do it.

Evidently there's just waaaay too much pressure gushing from the pipe. The top end of the pipe happens to be a mile beneath the ocean surface which makes it hard to get to and operate machinery, and then the source below is a few miles even deeper than that below the ocean floor...So, it's this tremendous pressure that is the big problem.

I kept picturing that "top kill" could work and once they got it slowed they could just dump a bunch of slurry cement and they should just keep trying until they slowed it enough to cap it, but what do I know?

You have to figure they(the scientists involved) must know what they're doing in the decision process (I hope). :eusa_pray:

I don't know. I don't think they wanted it to happen. And since apparently no one knows what to do you can't really blame them anymore than anyone else for not knowing.

BP's Gulf well stems from the Macondo oil prospect, a reservoir located roughly 18,000 feet below sea level, or 15,000 feet below the ocean floor. The prospect was estimated to have contained 50 million barrels before the explosion, a BP spokesman said earlier this month.

Calculations based on the BP and government estimates reveal that somewhere between 0.94 and 1.48 percent of the Macondo reservoir has been depleted.

That raises another question...wouldn't the depletion cause a sink hole? And if so, what effect would that have on other wells in the area?

Hmmm...perhaps in Guatemala.:eusa_think:

Face it, Rav.....The earth is imploding and we're all gonna die!

The good news is, you DO however, have the right to remain silent! :D

Why wasn't a relief well drilled at the same time the main well was drilled so they had a fix in case you know, the damn thing exploded and they couldn't stop the leak any other way?

Why wasn't a relief well drilled at the same time the main well was drilled so they had a fix in case you know, the damn thing exploded and they couldn't stop the leak any other way?

Yes, exactly. I'm sure this will be one of the new requirements going forward.

If I correctly understood what I read the other day, Congress had to push BP to begin drilling a second relief well two weeks ago just in case the first relief attempt failed which was two weeks after they started the first one and months before the drilling will be able to actual cause any relief at all.

Because its a mile under the surface of the water. Were limited on what we can do with robots at those depths. I know it must crush your soul to know our almighty Hussein-led government cannot do a fucking thing. I guess the earth will just have to deal with its own 100% naturally made substance that is leaking out.

no government would know what to do with this, but, please show everyone how good a hack you are.

the rightwingers wanna drill baby drill...

and they've been yelling for nuclear energy for years.

as if that result, in case of emergency, would be any better.

We probably shouldn't be drilling at those depths, unless there are better safeguards.

But the Hussein and his followers don't want drilling near the shores, where a problem like this can easily be fixed.

I got this charming suggestion as a neg rep.
why don\'t you get your big ass MOUTH down there and SUCK the well dry.... BITCH

Well, isn't that special? :doubt:

I was wondering about that too though....Something like a huge shop vac with a twenty inch wide mile long suction hose right up to the oil container ship! :eusa_think:
Yep, a monster ship mounted shop vac! It is probably possible but since we don't take our responsibilities seriously I'm sure there would be objections to having something on stand by for years just waiting for a disaster.

Forum List

Back