How is this anything other than disgusting?

acludem said:
My other problem with this scenario is that if this was a 14 year old boy marrying a 22 year old woman, no one, including this attorney general, would be saying anything. There is a huge double standard in these cases (see Mary Kay Letorneau, et al) I think this attorney general should leave this couple alone. Unless the girl or her mother wish to press charges, the case should be dropped. Also, how are they going to get the girl to testify? Wives can't be compelled to testify against their husbands.

acludem

If he were a 12 year old boy that had gotten her pregnant, it is likely that she would go to jail. The double-standard is in the sentencing in this particular case. The crime against the 12 year old boy is just as egregious.

That this man had sex with this girl when she was 12 and 13, clearly illegal in any state (even Kansas where you can marry with parental permission but only after 14), is a crime worth time in prison. At best it is hebephilia, at worst pedophilia, either one is a disgusting crime. The same should be said of the woman with the little boy.

acludem said:
The ACLU's Louisiana chapter is headquartered in New Orleans, but I'm sure the staff there, hopefully all of them safe, are doing what most residents of city are, trying to figure out what they are going to do for the next few months. I have no doubt they won't file any lawsuits or in any way interfere with the process of recovery.

acludem

Unless it is found that in a moment of expediency the Feds gave money to a Christian organization for distribution.

Forum List

Back