How is there not a thread on the NDAA and SOPA?

newpolitics

vegan atheist indy
Sep 27, 2008
What is your opinion on the recent NDAA and SOPA?

article on NDAA (SB 1867):

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"the Act legislatively codifies the President's authority to indefinitely detain terrorism suspects, including American citizens, without trial as defined in Title X, Subtitle D, SEC 1021(a-e) of the bill."

SOPA:
Stop Online Piracy Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The language of SOPA is so broad, the rules so unconnected to the reality of Internet technology and the penalties so disconnected from the alleged crimes that this bill could effectively kill e-commerce or even normal Internet use. The bill also has grave implications for existing U.S., foreign and international laws and is sure to spend decades in court challenges."

These together seem a serious move towards a police-state. Where is the outrage??

Last edited:
What is your opinion on the recent NDAA and SOPA?

article on NDAA (SB 1867):

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"the Act legislatively codifies the President's authority to indefinitely detain terrorism suspects, including American citizens, without trial as defined in Title X, Subtitle D, SEC 1021(a-e) of the bill."

SOPA:
Stop Online Piracy Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The language of SOPA is so broad, the rules so unconnected to the reality of Internet technology and the penalties so disconnected from the alleged crimes that this bill could effectively kill e-commerce or even normal Internet use. The bill also has grave implications for existing U.S., foreign and international laws and is sure to spend decades in court challenges."

These together seem a serious move towards a police-state. Where is the outrage??

There is:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/198918-so-obama-wont-veto-ndaa.html

There is a thread on the NDAA...

... http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/200615-graham-supports-the-ndaa.html

As a matter of fact there are several threads...

... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - Search Results

To find a thread on a topic you want, use the search box...

... the search entry must be at least 4 characters...

... which really sucks if it's a 3 letter acronym such as FBI, CIA, flu, etc.

Don't know if the board software can be set for a three letter search, but it would help.:cool:

Last edited:
There is a thread on the NDAA...

... http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/200615-graham-supports-the-ndaa.html

As a matter of fact there are several threads...

... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - Search Results

To find a thread on a topic you want, use the search box...

... the search entry must be at least 4 characters...

... which really sucks if it's a 3 letter acronym such as FBI, CIA, flu, etc.

Don't know if the board software can be set for a three letter search, but it would help.:cool:

thank you for posting that info, but I am wondering then, why these thread on the NDAA and/or SOPA re not more active. When I heard about these bills, I expected discussion about them to be in full swing here on USMB. Yet, I find nothing. Why? this is the biggest hit to our personal freedoms, I would expect republicans to be all over this, especially libertarians. I find it suspect those threads on the NDAA or SOPA are not more active, if they even exist. people here talk about liberty and freedoms, especially the republicans. where are your voices? or, are you conflicted because Lindsay Graham is a proponent of the bills who is a republican? I would have expected for there to be a serious and probably ridiculous discourse on this topic. I am extraordinarily interested to hear the view of those who are for these two bills. I want to hear both sides of this thing from real people. Go...

There were many threads but most Dumbed-Down Americans just don't care. Whoopie Goldberg just farted again on The View and that's much more important than Big Brother taking more of their rights away. America is doomed.

Forum List

Back