How is Russia's posting ads on Facebook tantamount to "meddling" in the U.S. election?

If you think the left pushes collusion then you should have no problem saying what we mean by the word.

What do YOU mean by the word?
I don't mean anything by the word since I don't use it. I've seen other people using it and I've yet to see a clear definition. Hence the question. If POTUS says "no collusion" I would like to know what he means by that. If he and you agree, then I want to know what you guys claim you didn't do. How else can you guys claim innocence? The way I see it pushing a word that you can't define allows someone to give any meaning they desire. Allowing to redefine as the need arises.
I want the meaning pinned down so you can meaningfully asses the truth of the claims made.

It seems to me that the claim that Russia "meddled" in our election is pretty much bullshit, unless you believe that posting ads on Facebook counts.
Read: Mueller indictment against 12 Russian spies for DNC hack
Seems to me these indictments are about more then posting facebook ads. In fact I don't believe facebook is even mentioned in this indictment. That was part of a different part of the effort.

Well, hacking into someone's computer system is a crime, it's also espionage. How is that akin to "meddling" in an election? And we were hearing about how the Russians had "meddle" in our elections for well over a year and long, long before these indictments came down. So, I'll ask again, how is posting ads on Facebook tantamount to election interference?
Espionage in an effort to undermine the ELECTION campaign of a particular candidate is MEDDLING in an election campaign. If you don't even agree to that there is no point in having a conversation.
FB did more to influence the election by blocking conservative speech than Russia ever did !

If you think the left pushes collusion then you should have no problem saying what we mean by the word.

I don't mean anything by the word since I don't use it. I've seen other people using it and I've yet to see a clear definition. Hence the question. If POTUS says "no collusion" I would like to know what he means by that. If he and you agree, then I want to know what you guys claim you didn't do. How else can you guys claim innocence? The way I see it pushing a word that you can't define allows someone to give any meaning they desire. Allowing to redefine as the need arises.
I want the meaning pinned down so you can meaningfully asses the truth of the claims made.
The elite liberal press point at advertisements created by Russians. but who said it was illegal for Russians to post Advertisements on FB?
Or they'll bring up that Russian woman who set them up with the idea she had inside scoop on Hillary Clinton.
Then they'll ignore Hillary paying a russian spy to create a anti-trump dossier
And ignore all the contributions Russian paid the Clintons so called charity.

It seems to me that the claim that Russia "meddled" in our election is pretty much bullshit, unless you believe that posting ads on Facebook counts.

Two things....

There are numerous things wrong with your OP.....

First, the meddling and hacking are FAR MORE than just posting a few facebook ads. There was the hacking into 21 different states' election board processes and now we're finding influencing groups like the NRA.

Second, we should know WHO IS BACKING a candidate that is running for office. If a candidate accepts foreign dark money and/or assistance to get elected, there is a reason for that. For example, Putin wasn't investing millions into getting Trump elected because he liked his hair......he was investing millions to get Trump elected because he knew that is what would be best for RUSSIA (not the United States). He knew that Trump would be submissive to him and would look beyond his war crimes (and lift/refuse sanctions on Russia).

Imagine if Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama accepted dark money and/or assistance from Iran to get elected?!?!? AND.....they were caught lying about it and had campaign officials of theirs indicted??! And then met secretly with Rouhani and then sided with HIM over the top United State's police force.

Let's just say there wouldn't be the public smearing of the FBI, CIA etc. at that point.......the double standard is so pathetically obvious, it's embarrassing.

The elite liberal press point at advertisements created by Russians. but who said it was illegal for Russians to post Advertisements on FB?
Or they'll bring up that Russian woman who set them up with the idea she had inside scoop on Hillary Clinton.
Then they'll ignore Hillary paying a russian spy to create a anti-trump dossier
And ignore all the contributions Russian paid the Clintons so called charity.
The elite press points way more to the irrefutable and immensely detailed indictments issued by Mueller. Giving an insight into an elaborate, government run campaign to hack the DNC. Indictments in which Facebook wasn't even mentioned. I also don't see how it in any way answers the premise of the post quoted.

There are numerous things wrong with your OP.....There was the hacking into 21 different states' election board processes...

The Russians have been hacking and attempting to hack our computers for many, many years. So is half the planet. Why was it necessary to appoint a special counsel?

The whole Russia probe just has gotten zero data so far and spent over 17.000,000 with very little output. How can Sessions justify this spending. So far they have one person who did or did not break a law 10 years ago. Several unattainable Russians who will never come to the U.S.A to stand trial., The had 4 Russians who were indited and one of them arrived in the U.S but no one from the DOJ talked with him and he spent a week in NY and returned to Russia, just what the hell was that all about. The media never even hardly reported it. This so called investigation is starting to look like a scam on the U.S tax payers.

The whole Russia probe just has gotten zero data so far and spent over 17.000,000 with very little output. How can Sessions justify this spending. So far they have one person who did or did not break a law 10 years ago. Several unattainable Russians who will never come to the U.S.A to stand trial., The had 4 Russians who were indited and one of them arrived in the U.S but no one from the DOJ talked with him and he spent a week in NY and returned to Russia, just what the hell was that all about. The media never even hardly reported it. This so called investigation is starting to look like a scam on the U.S tax payers.
OK when you say scam, this means false. Seems weird to say when in the same breath, you admit that charges have been pressed. Moreover it's not just one US national,it's 5.
Manafort:Charged with financial crimes. And failing to register as a foreign agent.
Gates pled guilty to financial crimes.
Papadapolous pled guilty to lying about contacts with Russians.
Flynn: The same as Papadopolaus.
Richard Pinedo: pled guilty to identity theft. (directly related to Russian election meddling )
Numerous foreigners have also been indicted and one already sat out his sentence before getting deported. For a scam this sure seems a lot of result.
Take for instance the Clinton email probe this resulted in 0 indictments and guilty pleas for the bargain price of 20 million.
Benghazi cost 7 million again for no result.
Whitewater cost more then 40 million, and again for nothing. Now unlike you I don't hold the premise that an investigation needs actual criminal charges to be valid, but this entire post seems a bit silly in the light of all these facts. And no amount of all caps will make the argument better.

Two things....

There are numerous things wrong with your OP.....

First, the meddling and hacking are FAR MORE than just posting a few facebook ads. There was the hacking into 21 different states' election board processes and now we're finding influencing groups like the NRA.

Second, we should know WHO IS BACKING a candidate that is running for office. If a candidate accepts foreign dark money and/or assistance to get elected, there is a reason for that. For example, Putin wasn't investing millions into getting Trump elected because he liked his hair......he was investing millions to get Trump elected because he knew that is what would be best for RUSSIA (not the United States). He knew that Trump would be submissive to him and would look beyond his war crimes (and lift/refuse sanctions on Russia).

Imagine if Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama accepted dark money and/or assistance from Iran to get elected?!?!? AND.....they were caught lying about it and had campaign officials of theirs indicted??! And then met secretly with Rouhani and then sided with HIM over the top United State's police force.

Let's just say there wouldn't be the public smearing of the FBI, CIA etc. at that point.......the double standard is so pathetically obvious, it's embarrassing.

What "dark money" did Trump accept?

Forum List

Back