How is Russia's posting ads on Facebook tantamount to "meddling" in the U.S. election?

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by K9Buck, Jul 20, 2018.

1. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,668
    It seems to me that the claim that Russia "meddled" in our election is pretty much bullshit, unless you believe that posting ads on Facebook counts.

• Winner Winner x 6
  2. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,561
    Besides that...why is there a FB to begin with? Zuckerfuck is an asshole and he is getting rich off stupid people that ignore his assholiness.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,385
    Read: Mueller indictment against 12 Russian spies for DNC hack
    Seems to me these indictments are about more then posting facebook ads. In fact I don't believe facebook is even mentioned in this indictment. That was part of a different part of the effort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,668
    Well, hacking into someone's computer system is a crime, it's also espionage. How is that akin to "meddling" in an election? And we were hearing about how the Russians had "meddle" in our elections for well over a year and long, long before these indictments came down. So, I'll ask again, how is posting ads on Facebook tantamount to election interference?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,385
    Espionage in an effort to undermine the ELECTION campaign of a particular candidate is MEDDLING in an election campaign. If you don't even agree to that there is no point in having a conversation.

6. Kosh

Kosh Quick Look Over There! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,360
    The far left has run a narrative of collusion, since there is no such thing they invented the Russian Boogeyman for everything bad..

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,668
    The role of espionage is to obtain information. Stealing information is not akin to election interference.

When are we doing to start indicting Chinese agents for hacking into American servers?

Does the United States, via the NSA, engage in "hacking" foreign servers? How about when it was discovered that the NSA was listening in on Angela Merkel's phone calls. Should some Americans, including Obama himself, been indicted by the German government?

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,385
    The narrative of collusion is actually one that the right keeps on pushing. Trump mentions it several times a day in his tweets. Collusion was never mentioned in the Mueller mandate. Beyond that I've yet to see what is even meant by collusion. Is it working with Russians? Papadopolous, Manafort, Page, Flynn did just that. Is it meeting with Russian to find a way to defeat Hilary? Don Jr did just that. Is it giving the Russians stuff they want? Trump is doing just that. What do you think is meant by collusion since I've not seen it clearly defined?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. forkup

forkup Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,385
    Stealing information, and the redistributing of that information so it inflicts political harm to a candidate is MEDDLING in the elections. And we are done. I don't mind playing semantic games but NOT semantic games which are bullshit.

10. Kosh

Kosh Quick Look Over There! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,360
    See how the far left denies the facts that they are the ones pushing collusion? Also still running those debunked far left religious narratives on Trump and Russia. They ignore that Obama let Putin run wild and did nothing to stop him. Yet they blame Trump for that!

After is the basis for the reason why they claim Hilary lost the election.

If the far left just could admit that Hilary is worse than Trump and act like adults, then everyone can move forward..

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1