How is Russia's posting ads on Facebook tantamount to "meddling" in the U.S. election?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
It seems to me that the claim that Russia "meddled" in our election is pretty much bullshit, unless you believe that posting ads on Facebook counts.

Besides that...why is there a FB to begin with? Zuckerfuck is an asshole and he is getting rich off stupid people that ignore his assholiness.

• Banned
It seems to me that the claim that Russia "meddled" in our election is pretty much bullshit, unless you believe that posting ads on Facebook counts.
Read: Mueller indictment against 12 Russian spies for DNC hack
Seems to me these indictments are about more then posting facebook ads. In fact I don't believe facebook is even mentioned in this indictment. That was part of a different part of the effort.

Well, hacking into someone's computer system is a crime, it's also espionage. How is that akin to "meddling" in an election? And we were hearing about how the Russians had "meddle" in our elections for well over a year and long, long before these indictments came down. So, I'll ask again, how is posting ads on Facebook tantamount to election interference?

Seems to me these indictments are about more then posting facebook ads. In fact I don't believe facebook is even mentioned in this indictment. That was part of a different part of the effort.

Well, hacking into someone's computer system is a crime, it's also espionage. How is that akin to "meddling" in an election? And we were hearing about how the Russians had "meddle" in our elections for well over a year and long, long before these indictments came down. So, I'll ask again, how is posting ads on Facebook tantamount to election interference?
Espionage in an effort to undermine the ELECTION campaign of a particular candidate is MEDDLING in an election campaign. If you don't even agree to that there is no point in having a conversation.

• Banned

Espionage in an effort to undermine the ELECTION campaign of a particular candidate is MEDDLING in an election campaign. If you don't even agree to that there is no point in having a conversation.

The role of espionage is to obtain information. Stealing information is not akin to election interference.

When are we doing to start indicting Chinese agents for hacking into American servers?

Does the United States, via the NSA, engage in "hacking" foreign servers? How about when it was discovered that the NSA was listening in on Angela Merkel's phone calls. Should some Americans, including Obama himself, been indicted by the German government?

The far left has run a narrative of collusion, since there is no such thing they invented the Russian Boogeyman for everything bad..
The narrative of collusion is actually one that the right keeps on pushing. Trump mentions it several times a day in his tweets. Collusion was never mentioned in the Mueller mandate. Beyond that I've yet to see what is even meant by collusion. Is it working with Russians? Papadopolous, Manafort, Page, Flynn did just that. Is it meeting with Russian to find a way to defeat Hilary? Don Jr did just that. Is it giving the Russians stuff they want? Trump is doing just that. What do you think is meant by collusion since I've not seen it clearly defined?

The role of espionage is to obtain information. Stealing information is not akin to election interference.

When are we doing to start indicting Chinese agents for hacking into American servers?

Does the United States, via the NSA, engage in "hacking" foreign servers? How about when it was discovered that the NSA was listening in on Angela Merkel's phone calls. Should some Americans, including Obama himself, been indicted by the German government?
Stealing information, and the redistributing of that information so it inflicts political harm to a candidate is MEDDLING in the elections. And we are done. I don't mind playing semantic games but NOT semantic games which are bullshit.

The far left has run a narrative of collusion, since there is no such thing they invented the Russian Boogeyman for everything bad..
The narrative of collusion is actually one that the right keeps on pushing. Trump mentions it several times a day in his tweets. Collusion was never mentioned in the Mueller mandate. Beyond that I've yet to see what is even meant by collusion. Is it working with Russians? Papadopolous, Manafort, Page, Flynn did just that. Is it meeting with Russian to find a way to defeat Hilary? Don Jr did just that. Is it giving the Russians stuff they want? Trump is doing just that. What do you think is meant by collusion since I've not seen it clearly defined?

See how the far left denies the facts that they are the ones pushing collusion? Also still running those debunked far left religious narratives on Trump and Russia. They ignore that Obama let Putin run wild and did nothing to stop him. Yet they blame Trump for that!

After is the basis for the reason why they claim Hilary lost the election.

If the far left just could admit that Hilary is worse than Trump and act like adults, then everyone can move forward..

See how the far left denies the facts that they are the ones pushing collusion? Also still running those debunked far left religious narratives on Trump and Russia. They ignore that Obama let Putin run wild and did nothing to stop him. Yet they blame Trump for that!

If the far left just could admit that Hilary is worse than Trump and act like adults, then everyone can move forward..
Answer my question. If you think the left pushes collusion then you should have no problem saying what we mean by the word.

Answer my question. If you think the left pushes collusion then you should have no problem saying what we mean by the word.

Oh my true far left drone tactics, they will not admit they are pushing collusion..

So the left will end Mullers probe then? since they are not pushing the collusion angle?

Silly far left drone!

Stealing information, and the redistributing of that information so it inflicts political harm to a candidate is MEDDLING in the elections. And we are done. I don't mind playing semantic games but NOT semantic games which are bullshit.

Foreign actors have been engaged in espionage against us 24/7/365 for the past, oh, 50 years. Do you propose that we indict all of them too? Would you support foreign powers indicting OUR intelligence agents for engaging in espionage?

As far as I can tell, the Russians allegedly posted a bunch of ads on Facebook. I suspect other foreigners have posted things on Facebook. Should we be investigating and prosecuting every foreigner who posted something on Facebook regarding our election?

The "Russians interfered in our elections" is dishonest.

Guccifer 2.0 (Roger Stone's buddy) took credit for hacking HRC if I recall.
The Facebook ads were a different initiative

Oh my true far left drone tactics, they will not admit they are pushing collusion..

So the left will end Mullers probe then? since they are not pushing the collusion angle?

Silly far left drone!
I know exactly what I mean when I speak. Doesn't seem you do. Ad hominem attacks because of unwillingness to actually answer questions. Seems that one of us is a drone. Don't think it's me.

Guccifer 2.0 (Roger Stone's buddy) took credit for hacking HRC if I recall.
The Facebook ads were a different initiative

Yet no votes were changed, no election systems have been hacked and the only changes made were those that claimed to be (R) voted for Hilary.

The far left does not have anything.

They would not even turn over to the FBI to make sure it was the Russians tat hacked them. So we do not really know if they did or did not.

Silly far left drone!
I know exactly what I mean when I speak. Doesn't seem you do. Ad hominem attacks because of unwillingness to actually answer questions. Seems that one of us is a drone. Don't think it's me.

Yes the far left is all about collusion..

If they were not then they would end the Muller probe.

Silly far left drone!

Guccifer 2.0 (Roger Stone's buddy) took credit for hacking HRC if I recall. The Facebook ads were a different initiative

The Gateway Pundit reported that Lisa Page told congressmen that there was evidence that China hacked Hillary's secret server. I presume Mueller won't be looking into that as a part of his "investigation".

I wonder how Mueller knows the names of the supposed Russian intelligence agents that allegedly hacked the DNC server. We will likely never know what merit there is to his indictments as the accused will likely never make it to an American courtroom.

As far as I can tell, indicting foreign intelligence agents is a first. What's going to happen when other nations reciprocate by indicting American agents?

This investigation is an all-out attempt to dethrone Trump AT ANY COST.

Silly far left drone!

Yes the far left is all about collusion..

If they were not then they would end the Muller probe.

Silly far left drone!
Repeating the phrase over and over doesn't make it an answer to my question. WHAT IS COLLUSION??????
Mind I'm not even trying to deny the accusation. I'm giving you for the sake of argument," So the left is pushing collusion, what do we mean by that?"

Guccifer 2.0 (Roger Stone's buddy) took credit for hacking HRC if I recall. The Facebook ads were a different initiative

The Gateway Pundit reported that Lisa Page told congressmen that there was evidence that China hacked Hillary's secret server. I presume Mueller won't be looking into that as a part of his "investigation".

I wonder how Mueller knows the names of the supposed Russian intelligence agents that allegedly hacked the DNC server. We will likely never know what merit there is to his indictments as the accused will likely never make it to an American courtroom.

As far as I can tell, indicting foreign intelligence agents is a first. What's going to happen when other nations reciprocate by indicting American agents?

This investigation is an all-out attempt to dethrone Trump AT ANY COST.

US operatives have long since been called onto the carpet for their actions.

Francis Gary Powers for one
The USS Pueblo Crew
The crew of the EC2 Hawkeye that were captured by the Chinese...

As for the Russians, we catch their spies all the time; Anna Chapman, this latest NRA woman who is a Russian operative...etc...

We have spy swaps all the time.

Spy swap: US and Russia hand over agents in full media glare

In no way is it a "first" that we subject foreign operative to our justice system. A public indictment? That may be novel.

Roger Stone has long admitted having a "back channel" to Wikileaks which Trump brought up time and again in the campaign. Reliance upon criminals is nothing new for Trump; he hires them; he uses them...he may be one when the evidence is presented

If trump wasn't awash in a pool of sleaze...there wouldn't be so many investigations into the multiple scandals. If he didn't deny the obvious meddling, there wouldn't be as much conjecture about whether the meddling was something he had a hand in. Those who are not guilty do not act guilty. Trump does.

New Topics

Forum List

Back