How is raising taxes on the wealthy going to create jobs?

The government levies taxes in order to support spending. When the government uses spending to create jobs for people (police, air traffic controllers, soldiers, etc.) who otherwise wouldn't have had them, those people, in turn, use their salaries to buy goods and services.

When those people buy goods and services, that creates demand, which in turns creates more jobs for more people. Demand is responsible for job creation.

The rich, on the other hand, are not "job creators". That's simply a lie to fool simple people.
The so called"RICH" to Obama is anyone making 250K or more. Which is small business owners who HIRE 70 percent of the population! Get your facts straight before posting:cuckoo:

It causes unemployment by taking money from the job creators, and giving it to politicians who simply redirect it to their political clients, most of whom are drones of one species or another who produce nothing of value for the country.

ok fine but not the answer I was looking for. I want a defender of raising taxes to step nup.

Suggesting you really thought about this issue is not apparent. Targeted tax breaks can and will create jobs. It is my opinion - and not mine alone - that the Republicans in Congress doesn't want to create jobs at this time. A weak economy benefits their effort (their primary effort) to regain power.

Explain how many jobs are created by a rich 24 year old pitcher, running back or point guard? Not all of the rich are job creators within the context of impacting high unemployment. In fact many of the rich who can create jobs have already moved their business and our jobs overseas.

The tax code does need to be reformed, but the reform of reducing the individual tax brackets is pure demagoguery. Better to return them to the higher rates before Reagan and provide tax relief to the industries which have fled our shores.

Cut the corporated tax rate to be competitive with the rest of the world and raise the personal rates on those who earn more than (for example) over $500,000 per year. Provide targeted tax breaks then to those corporations who create jobs, and who engage in R&D and manufacturing in our country.

That's a start both D's & R's might agree upon, except both are focused on winning elections not fixing problems.

Explain how many jobs are created by a rich 24 year old pitcher, running back or point guard?

That rich kid wants things like a nice new car house for him and his family maybe a jet ski or even a boat, clothes would be a nice touch also, food and tips to the wait staff. He may want a security system, every one of his wants constitutes and new job for someone else.

Not all of the rich are job creators within the context of impacting high unemployment. In fact many of the rich who can create jobs have already moved their business and our jobs overseas.

To single out certain people would create new and other ways to single out everybody, do you really want to go down that road?

Cut the corporated tax rate to be competitive with the rest of the world and raise the personal rates on those who earn more than (for example) over $500,000 per year. Provide targeted tax breaks then to those corporations who create jobs, and who engage in R&D and manufacturing in our country.
Are yoiu sure you are the WRY CATCHER? SOMETHING WE COULD COMPROMISE ON.

First off it adds parity to the unequal distribution of government services. The wealthy use government services far more then anyone else in this country to accumulate wealth. They SHOULD be paying more in taxes.

Second, what IT SHOULD be doing..is discouraging the whacked out salaries we see. There is no reason that anyone should be making in a year..what it would take several lifetimes to accrue in the same company.

And third..of course..is that's the way government makes money. Like it or not. Taxes.

What federal services do the wealthy use more than anyone else? Lets stick to federal ones first.

First off it adds parity to the unequal distribution of government services. The wealthy use government services far more then anyone else in this country to accumulate wealth. They SHOULD be paying more in taxes.

Second, what IT SHOULD be doing..is discouraging the whacked out salaries we see. There is no reason that anyone should be making in a year..what it would take several lifetimes to accrue in the same company.

And third..of course..is that's the way government makes money. Like it or not. Taxes.

Why do you care what someone else makes? Wanting to take is not really helping ther situation.

Not pating myself on the back
I gave a complete stranger three dollars today because he said he and his family was out of gas, I watched him get into his van and pull up to the pumps. I then saw the little girl in the back seat, I jumped out of my truck and handed him my last twenty. Do you think I could have done that if I had to pay higher taxes?

What federal services do the wealthy use more than anyone else? Lets stick to federal ones first.

Still waiting

It gives us money to do projects we need like infrastructure fwhich also creates lots of jobs

Not good enough that only creates a temporay fix. I do construction for a living so you can't get that BS pass me. Try again.

so do i, money is tight even with the tax cuts and people are not spending as much as they used to. Why? People are not expanding anymore, they are just sitting waiting.

Tax cuts are a meaningless gesture.

Tax cuts are meaningless? Oppsed to raising taxes? Taking more from those who create jobs who are waiting to see what the government is going to do will not help the economy.

What exactly do you think obama wants to do with the money?

He wanted to pay the debt off. Obama proposed eliminating $4 trillion from the debt, but Republicans refused because that would require increasing taxes and closing loopholes.

ok fine but not the answer I was looking for. I want a defender of raising taxes to step nup.

Suggesting you really thought about this issue is not apparent. Targeted tax breaks can and will create jobs. It is my opinion - and not mine alone - that the Republicans in Congress doesn't want to create jobs at this time. A weak economy benefits their effort (their primary effort) to regain power.

Explain how many jobs are created by a rich 24 year old pitcher, running back or point guard? Not all of the rich are job creators within the context of impacting high unemployment. In fact many of the rich who can create jobs have already moved their business and our jobs overseas.

The tax code does need to be reformed, but the reform of reducing the individual tax brackets is pure demagoguery. Better to return them to the higher rates before Reagan and provide tax relief to the industries which have fled our shores.

That's a start both D's & R's might agree upon, except both are focused on winning elections not fixing problems.

That rich kid wants things like a nice new car house for him and his family maybe a jet ski or even a boat, clothes would be a nice touch also, food and tips to the wait staff. He may want a security system, every one of his wants constitutes and new job for someone else.

Not all of the rich are job creators within the context of impacting high unemployment. In fact many of the rich who can create jobs have already moved their business and our jobs overseas.

To single out certain people would create new and other ways to single out everybody, do you really want to go down that road?

Yep, I'm THE Wry Catcher. Not the WC characterized by RWers who are extreme and myopic.

We already "single people out", and the extreme RW has been parroting the need to raise taxes on the working poor, the so-called 49% who pay no taxes.

Yes, I support a progressive tax system within a structure of real tax reform, balanced with some shared pain. I do not believe cutting someones sole income source (SS) or health care benefits is balanced or shared and I do worry that our Republic has been marginalized by the radical Republicans and into a developing plutocracy.

Yep, I'm THE Wry Catcher. Not the WC characterized by RWers who are extreme and myopic.

We already "single people out", and the extreme RW has been parroting the need to raise taxes on the working poor, the so-called 49% who pay no taxes.Yes, I support a progressive tax system within a structure of real tax reform, balanced with some shared pain. I do not believe cutting someones sole income source (SS) or health care benefits is balanced or shared and I do worry that our Republic has been marginalized by the radical Republicans and into a developing plutocracy.

That is political rhetoric.

People bring up the "49% that pay no income tax" to counter the left (and Obama) when they say..."those making 250K need to pay their fair share"...."need to share in the sacrifice"..

No one is saying to tax the working poor and not the more comfortable.

What exactly do you think obama wants to do with the money?

He wanted to pay the debt off. Obama proposed eliminating $4 trillion from the debt, but Republicans refused because that would require increasing taxes and closing loopholes.

1. obama talked about paying off the debt most politicians have done that but in the end do they pay it off?

Obama proposed eliminating $4 trillion from the debt

Do you have a cite for this in formation other than your opinion?

but Republicans refused because that would require increasing taxes and closing loopholes.

The Republicans refused any suggestion from the democrats in Congress not obama because you can't pay off the debt without cutting your spending, basic economic's 101

That is what Obama was seeking, despite even making some Dems upset since his plan cut into Medicare and SS. However, it also involved tax increases. It was a much more aggressive plan to reduce the debt which those on the right are hysterical about. Instead, rightwinger refused the plan for a weaker one since it contained tax increases.

Last edited:

Neat but supposed spending decreases are spread out over congresses of the next 12 year which means they won't come. Tax increases, however come right away. Not good.

"If you were to repeal the Bush tax cuts and bring us back to Clintonian tax levels, you would not see an increase in tax revenues but rather a decrease. That's right, all things being equal, the Bush tax structure brought more money into government coffers than any in history. The evidence that raising tax rates will inevitably lead to a tax system with a greater burden on the economy and fewer actual revenues is undeniable."

A tax structure ought to be judged by how many (inflation-adjusted) dollars it can bring in. Ideally you could even go a bit further and say the best tax structure brings in the most revenue with the smallest burden on the economy. After all, shouldn’t the goal of an efficient tax system be to get the most money with the least effect on the economy?

By either of these standards, 2007 bests 2000. In 2007, tax receipts (in 2005 dollars) totaled $2.414 trillion, whereas 2000 tax receipts (in 2005 dollars) only totaled $2.310 trillion. Additionally, in 2007 taxes were only 18.5% of GDP, but in 2000 they were 20.6%. In other words, the best year after the Bush tax cuts was better than the best year before them."

Exposing Liberal Lies: Tax Increases Result in Lower Revenues

That is what Obama was seeking, despite even making some Dems upset since his plan cut into Medicare and SS. However, it also involved tax increases. It was a much more aggressive plan to reduce the debt which those on the right are hysterical about. Instead, rightwinger refused the plan for a weaker one since it contained tax increases.

Who to Blame for the Debt Fiasco

Who to Blame for the Debt Fiasco - Rick Newman (usnews.com)

So you like blaming the doctor who had to cut off an arm to save a dying person?

The TEA party had to do what needed to be done. We cannot keep spending and creating more welfare children.

I have been thinking about this for quite some time. So I want someone who thinks it's a good thing to raise taxes on those who create jobs (the wealthy). What exactly do you think obama wants to do with the money? Give more money to the super poor? Increase payouts to the welfare crowd? None of that actually creates anything but more of an entitlement generation. It actually kills the real American dream for those who want to be rich and have money. It kills any type of a dream that a person can actually achieve home ownership they can afford and things they may want.

Here's the cold hard truth giving to the poor just makes more poor, when you take from those who have you're actually killing the American dream. Poor people do not hire people to work for them The wealthy do.

I think it's obama's goal not to create anything but equality in the poor house.

How is not raising taxes going to create jobs? Uhhh because we've had low taxes for dam near a decade and...well..look around. Jobs arent falling from the skies.

BTW...Rich people dont create jobs...People who create jobs are people who need employees. Every rich person doesnt need employees and every rich person is not a job creator

I have been thinking about this for quite some time. So I want someone who thinks it's a good thing to raise taxes on those who create jobs (the wealthy). What exactly do you think obama wants to do with the money? Give more money to the super poor? Increase payouts to the welfare crowd? None of that actually creates anything but more of an entitlement generation. It actually kills the real American dream for those who want to be rich and have money. It kills any type of a dream that a person can actually achieve home ownership they can afford and things they may want.

Here's the cold hard truth giving to the poor just makes more poor, when you take from those who have you're actually killing the American dream. Poor people do not hire people to work for them The wealthy do.

I think it's obama's goal not to create anything but equality in the poor house.

How is not raising taxes going to create jobs? Uhhh because we've had low taxes for dam near a decade and...well..look around. Jobs arent falling from the skies.

BTW...Rich people dont create jobs...People who create jobs are people who need employees. Every rich person doesnt need employees and every rich person is not a job creator

One more time the government is not the private sector the private sector is the engine that creates jobs. The money taken in by the government does not go to the private sector. Do try to keep up.

Forum List

Back