How is Newt in any way better than Obama?

Now, let's talk about Romney.

Romney’s Massachusetts electoral record hardly inspires confidence. He was elected in 2002 but couldn’t crack 50% of the popular vote. By the end of his first and only term, he had an anemic 34% approval rating and a 65% disapproval rating. Sound familiar? Survey USA ranked Romney’s popularity 48th out of the 50 governors.

As Governor, he passed a host of new tax and fee increases, hitting the corporate world hard and devastating job creation. Sound familiar? Romney squeezed out a net gain in payroll jobs of just 0.9%, compared with job growth of 5.3% for the nation as a whole. Sound familiar? Read more about Romney’s MA economic record here.

• Romney’s Massachusetts was ranked 3rd lowest in job creation among 50 state Governors

• Romney raised taxes and fees on MA businesses and residents by $750 million annually

• Romney refused to support the Bush tax cuts. Obama extended them.

• Romney is ObamaCare’s architect; believes RomneyCare should be “model for the nation”

• Romney lauded: “I’m moderate. My views are Progressive… regardless of party label”

• Romney’s conversion to pro-life is suspect; ongoing support of homosexual rights is not

• Romney’s environmental advisers now work in Obama’s White House for the EPA

• Romney supports Arne Duncan’s and Obama’s Education Secretary’s reforms [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpEBieaA_P0"] Romney[/ame]

• Romney supported TARP bailouts [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QDxcrcpY98"] Romney [/ame]

• Romney supported Obama’s stimulus bill

• Romney grew MA government employment 7.2%; overall spending increased 20.7%

• Romney led MA GOP into holding the fewest seats in the Legislature since the Civil War
Read the whole article here, I beg you

Last edited:
Please tell me how Newt is better than Obama. Please give me details about any important area in which Obama doesn't trump/neutralize whatever advantage the GOP might have brought to the arena.

Militarily, economically, energy ideas, healthcare ideas, ethically, etc.

The only reason I can see to vote for Newt is Supreme Court justices. But I don't think that my vote for Newt will help.

I suspect that he'll have the same effect on the nation that Sharron Angle had on Nevada - heightening the enthusiasm of liberal voters to get out the vote and making the independents break left in a big way.

Please someone try to sell me on Newt. With specifics. Not with "Anybody but Obama". Newt is polarizing. The "Oh God, not Newt" vote could easily beat the "Anybody but Obama" vote. So please give me specifics about how Newt beats Obama in any category.

Thanks.

NEwt did not win in South Carolina because he is better than Obama, he won because he is not Romney, who is no different than Obama.

Actually I think he won because the left drug his ex wife to center stage, and tried to sabotage him at the last minute. I think it backfired on their sorry asses. It was a priceless moment in American politics.

Maybe, it isn't like no one in America knows a bitter wife who will say anything to make their ex look bad.

Romney’s Massachusetts electoral record hardly inspires confidence. He was elected in 2002 but couldn’t crack 50% of the popular vote. By the end of his first and only term, he had an anemic 34% approval rating and a 65% disapproval rating. Sound familiar? Survey USA ranked Romney’s popularity 48th out of the 50 governors.

As Governor, he passed a host of new tax and fee increases, hitting the corporate world hard and devastating job creation. Sound familiar? Romney squeezed out a net gain in payroll jobs of just 0.9%, compared with job growth of 5.3% for the nation as a whole. Sound familiar? Read more about Romney’s MA economic record here.

• Romney’s Massachusetts was ranked 3rd lowest in job creation among 50 state Governors

• Romney raised taxes and fees on MA businesses and residents by $750 million annually

• Romney is ObamaCare’s architect; believes RomneyCare should be “model for the nation”

• Romney lauded: “I’m moderate. My views are Progressive… regardless of party label”

• Romney’s conversion to pro-life is suspect; ongoing support of homosexual rights is not

• Romney supports Arne Duncan’s and Obama’s Education Secretary’s reforms

• Romney led MA GOP into holding the fewest seats in the Legislature since the Civil War

And I believe him when he talks to me.

(Remember, this was also the period when the House and Senate were in Democratic hands)

"The president prided himself on honesty in his first budget proposal, including the real estimated costs of spending, but Obama later shifted his stance and approved the use of budget gimmickry, according to The New Yorker.

When his aides suggested in late 2009 that he should abandon the honest approach on estimated spending on disaster aid, for example, the president signed off, The New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza reports. Obama also approved of fanciful budget numbers on his signature health care legislation, Lizza wrote:

In the December 20th memo, [Obama aides] resorted to gimmickry…On disaster relief, for example, he had estimated that the government would need twenty billion dollars a year, a figure based on the statistical likelihood of major disasters requiring federal aid.

Now Obama’s aides reminded him that Congress had ignored his “ ‘honest budgeting’ approach,” and perhaps they should, too. They proposed “$5 billion per year for disaster costs.” Obama drew [a] check mark."

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Report: Obama Personally Approved Use of Budget Gimmickry To Hide Billions From Cost Of Obamacare…

"Wannabe dictator.."

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » New Emperor Obama Ad Boasts About His Use Of Executive Orders To Bypass Congress…

(Fire in the hole!.. Well, maybe just the garage!)

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Report: GM Dealers Refusing To Take Shipments of Chevy Volts…

(That's cool! Just throw them into the adjacent closet until they die.)

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Obama: Abortions Help “Our Sons And Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams”…

"America has always been a Muslim Country!" Barack Obama

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Human Rights Watch Calls On U.S. To Accept Islamists Rise To Power In Arab World…

(Rep Clyburn reflecting on the achievements of the "Food Stamp President")

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Dem Rep. James Clyburn: Obama’s Record Food Stamp Use Is George W. Bush’s Fault…

(More achievements of the "Food Stamp President")

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Obamanomics: Gallup Finds Whopping 83% Dissatisfied With U.S. Economy…

"America has always been a Muslim Country" Barack Hussein Obama

"— Following are excerpts from a statement by PA Mufti of Jerusalem Sheik Muhammad Hussein, which aired on Palestinian Authority TV, on January 9, 2012:

Announcer: [I invite] the honorable sheik, Sheik Muhammad Hussein, the Mufti of Jerusalem and the Islamic lands. His words are necessary because our war with the descendants of apes and pigs is a religious war of faith."

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » US-Funded Palestinian Authority TV: “Our War With The Descendants of Apes And Pigs Is a Religious War of Faith”…

(Whatever it takes to win. The dirtiest campaigner ever)

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Memo Written By Axelrod Shows Obama Agreed To Character Assassination Tactics Against Hillary In 2008 Dem Primary Despite Campaign Promises…

(Ronald Reagan was emphatic in his insistence that America wouyld never deal with terrorists. Neville Chamberlain was extremely fortunate in being able to die little more than a year or so into the war he made inevitable by his actions instead of having to face an inquisition such as the one Admiral Husband E Kimmel faced regarding his actions at Pearl Harbor. Barack Hussein Obama fully intends to have enough Predator drone bases operational stateside to ensure he won't face any questioning regarding his treason)

"KABUL, AFGHANISTAN — The US special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan on Sunday confirmed a meeting with the Haqqani insurgent group, as signs of a dialogue between the United States and rebels continue to grow.

‘We had one meeting with Haqqani network,’ Marc Grossman told a news conference in Kabul.

His remarks come after US and the Taliban militants confirmed preliminary talks for opening an liaison office for the Taliban in the Qatari capital of Doha – increasing speculation of an end to the decade-long bloody insurgency in this war-torn country"

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Obama Official Confirms U.S. Meeting With Al-Qaeda Allied Haqqani Network…

"KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Taliban must renounce ties to terrorists and endorse peace efforts as a condition for opening a political office in the Gulf state of Qatar, a senior U.S. diplomat said Sunday.

Marc Grossman, the special U.S. envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan, called for quick work in setting up the office in Qatar, seen as a step to negotiating an end to the decade-long war in Afghanistan between the Taliban and the Western-backed government.

The issue underscores the complexity of efforts to wind down the war ahead of the November Presidential election. Publicly, the Taliban have expressed no interest in reconciliation."

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Too Funny: Naive Obama Administration Thinks The Taliban Will Renounce Terrorism…

"JPost) — There has been an increase in anti-Semitism in the Middle East in the wake of the Arab Spring, according to a report set for release on Sunday.

That is the finding of the study Public Diplomacy and Diaspora Affairs Minister Yuli Edelstein is to submit to the government.

“[While] the popular uprisings in the Arab world do not represent a general change in attitude towards Israel, Zionism and the Jews it seems the anti-Semitic discourse and incitement have become more extreme and violent,” the report, which was written by scholars at the Kantor Center for the Study of Contemporary European Jewry at Tel Aviv University, says"

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Study: Anti-Semitism In Middle East Has Become “More Violent And Extreme” Since Arab Spring Began…

(President Stoner)

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Pic of the Day…

Of course I don't think Mitt will get a pass. But he has one major area of experience which clearly trumps Obama: he is a successful businessman during a time when we desperately need more successful businessmen.

Obama can try to neutralize Mitt on the healthcare mandate but it doesn't work because state mandates are way different from federal mandates - that's a fundamental constitutional case which needs to be made. Newt doesn't have any cover there or any constitutional case to make that I know of. He was for a federal mandate.

Mitt has lived a good clean life. People are going to feel pretty bad evicting Sasha and Malia from the White House and installing Newt and Callista in their place.

Sounds like a lot of people on the right are counting on Americans being shallow and falling for Newt's "stick it to the media" routine. Well, shallowness cuts both ways. The present first family is beautiful and Newt's family makes people cringe.
exactly. Calista is a home wrecker but Newt is equally complicit if not the instigator himself. Sad.

Newts speaking WillowTree's language, She's an "European American" doncha know?

I'm milky white too, with a few scattered freckles.. deal

sexy :whip:

Last edited:
Newt is exactly the same as Obama. Same masks different faces. Research A False, Left-Right paradigm if you don't understand.

• Romney supports Arne Duncan’s and Obama’s Education Secretary’s reforms

Mass is a very liberal state. I have no issue with his record there. I put things in context.

I (albeit with a heavy heart) supported the bailouts... and, to some degree, the stimulus... mainly because if the banks had gone under, the impact on ordinary Americans would have been far worse than it was. The stimulus was (distasteful) but necessary - the problem with it was that it became a money grab for pet projects and 'vote' winners - and the vast majority of it had jack shit to do with stimulating the economy. For that, I hold Congress and the Presidents (Bush and Obama) responsible.

I have yet to see how Newt is a better pick.... more 'conservative' or even just plan smarter than Obama. He is neither.

1. Free Cars for Welfare Recipients?

In 2006, Romney started a program to provide welfare recipients without access to public transportation with free cars. The idea was to provide them with a way to get to work so they could eventually get off welfare.

The cars were donated by charities, while Massachusetts taxpayers funded — as the Boston Herald reported in 2009 — “repairs, registration, insurance, excise tax, the title and AAA membership for one year.”

Romney’s Department of Transitional Assistance started the program, officially called “Transportation Support,” and nicknamed “Welfare Wheels” by the Boston Herald.
You can read more about the program HERE.

Top Three Conservative Arguments About Romney’s Record No One Has Made Effectively - ABC News

Newt over Obama...
Why?
Newt - More experience.
Newt - More intelligence.
Newt - Proven effective leadership.
Newt - Assrapes members of the media, every time they cross the line.

Experience? Obama won a State wide office and has 4 years as CIC. Newt...never won a state-wide office and has 0 years as CIC. Advantage Obama

More Intelligence? Really debateable but I'll call it a push.

Proven, effective leadership? So much so his own rank and file kicked him out of the Congress? Obama got Healthcare legislation passed. Now I know you're not for it. But Presidents have tried this for decades going back to who, Truman? Obama did it. Advantage, Obama.

As for your "ass rape" comment...it's sad.

boought and paid for through bribes. I'm glad Republicans didn't vote for it,,

And their districts are poorer for it too I suppose. If you're going to insert "bribes" for the deal making that goes on all the time, thats fine. Disingenuous but fine.

Let's hob nob some more with our enemies. Why not? What could go wrong? Its all really one big party, n'est ce pas?
Just one more reason why Obama is simply bad for America. What if Roosevelt had said it was perfectly OK for Tojo's and Hitler's emissaries to sit in on the Joint Chief's discussions?

Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Unreal: Obama Ambassador To Egypt Meets With Radical Salafist Nour Party…

So what can Newt run on which will convince the majority of Americans to trade in the devil they know and take a gamble on Newt?

What category is Newt strong in that Obama can't say he has comparable experience in? What category is Obama weak in that Newt isn't weak in also?

Bipartisanship.

Newt can reach across the aisle and work with the Dems. He proved that when he was speaker. He and Clinton were able to work together as well.

If you get both sides working together you can get things done. Big plus in my book.

Unfortunately, Gingrich is just an extension of the poison that has infected the American polity of the past 10-15 years. Or maybe he's the start of it with the persecution of Clinton, I don't know.

Bush was a horrible President. He ruled, mainly, to his base. And those who opposed him were demonized, sometimes in manners that were beyond disgusting. (Google Max Cleland for an example.)

Obama has been as bad if not worse. The difference is that Obama stood up and said that there was no Red America or Blue America, just the United States of America, then proceeded to ram Healthcare reform down the throats of the country and acted like the Republicans weren't even there, at least in the first two years of his Presidency. The only thing he has changed is he made the tenor in DC worse.

But Gingrich is the absolute bottom. This man has made his political career on the politics of division and demonization. This is a man who used infanticide to gain votes. A vote for Gingrich is a vote to continue the polarization this country has experienced and make it far worse.

Forum List

Back