How is Jesus the Messiah?

Go back a few pages. You must have missed it
Ok, then. If your position is that he did not meet anyone of the prophecies...

He rebuilt the temple in 3 days and he came from the line of David.

he never rebuilt the temple

and he wasn't of the line of david
Why do you say that? Don't you even know that the Jews trace their lineage through the mother? Such ignorance is inexcusable.

We trace Jewishness through the mother. We trace lineage through the father. To this day.
Exactly. I am a levi because my father is a Levi. But a member of the tribe becaise my mother is

sheeeesh Jill ------uhm..... me too......don't tell anyone

Why don't you try a new approach and concede a point when one is made?

Because I wasn't making any points. I was trying to identify verses that may have been related to the Jewish concept of the Messiah whose kingdom would live forever.

LOL....No kidding. You weren't making any points. I asked why you don't concede a point when one is made..

You quote verses out of context and then accuse Indeependant of being evasive or dishonest when he points out that the subject, given the context of the chapter, proves that the prophecy is not about Jesus.

Example "a virgin is with child" which is a prophecy about the future king Hezekaih, not Jesus.. The verse doesn't validate the virgin birth story in the gospels, it invalidates your argument.

You love honesty?

Yeah, right...
I am going to put aside everything you just wrote until after you have told me which passages you believe discuss the Jewish prophecy of the Jewish King whose kingdom will last forever.

I don't believe you will do it.

Failure to do it means I win.
Well, if there was anyone out there who wasn't sure if you were just being an obnoxious jerk, now they know..

Thanks for clearing that up.
I win.

Why don't you try a new approach and concede a point when one is made?

Because I wasn't making any points. I was trying to identify verses that may have been related to the Jewish concept of the Messiah whose kingdom would live forever.

LOL....No kidding. You weren't making any points. I asked why you don't concede a point when one is made..

You quote verses out of context and then accuse Indeependant of being evasive or dishonest when he points out that the subject, given the context of the chapter, proves that the prophecy is not about Jesus.

Example "a virgin is with child" which is a prophecy about the future king Hezekaih, not Jesus.. The verse doesn't validate the virgin birth story in the gospels, it invalidates your argument.

You love honesty?

Yeah, right...
I am going to put aside everything you just wrote until after you have told me which passages you believe discuss the Jewish prophecy of the Jewish King whose kingdom will last forever.

Well, if there was anyone out there who wasn't sure if you were just being an obnoxious jerk, now they know..

I win.

lol.... ok, sure...

You are a real winner! Congratulations!

You love honesty?

Yeah, right...

I win.

lol.... ok, sure...

You are a real winner! Congratulations!

Thank you.

Can someone explain this to me?
As far as i can tell, he didnt meet the requirements. Obviously lol..
So how?

Jesus fulfilled many prophecies from the Old Testament.

TOPIC PROPHECY FULFILLMENT
1. Place of birth "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah though you are small "Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea."
among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for Me (Matthew 2:1).
one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from
of old, from ancient times." (Micah 5:2) 700 B.C.

2. Born of a virgin "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, "His mother Mary was pledged to be married to
and will call Him Immanuel" (Isa.7:14), 700 B.C. Joseph, but before the came together, she was
found to be with child through the Holy Spirit"
(Matt.1:18).

3. His triumphal "Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, daughter "The took palm branches and went out to meet Him,
entry of Jerusalem! See, your King comes to you, righteous shouting, 'Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name
and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on of the Lord! Blessed is the King of Israel!' Jesus found
a colt, the foal of a donkey" (Zechariah 9:9). 500 B.C. a young donkey and sat upon it" (John 12:13-14).

4. Betrayed by a "Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared "Then Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve, went to the chief
friend my bread, has lifted up his heel against me" (Psalm 41:9) priests to betray Jesus to them." (Mark 14:10)
1000 B.C.

5. His rejection "He was despised and rejected by men...Like one from "He came to that which was his own, but his own did not
whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we receive him." (John 1:11)
esteemed him not." (Isa.53:3) 500 B.C.

6. Crucified with "He...was numbered with the transgressors." (Isa.53:12) "Two robbers were crucified with him, one on his right
sinners 700 B.C. and one on his left." (Matt.27:38).

7. Hand and feet "They have pierced my hands and my feet" (Ps.22:16) "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your
pierced 1000 B.C. hand and put it into my side" (John 20:27).

8. His "You will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let "You killed the author of life, but God raised him from
resurrection your Holy One see decay." (Ps.16:10) 1000 B.C. the dead. (Acts 3:15)

9. His ascension "You ascended on high" (Ps.68:18) 1000 B.C. "He was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid
from their sight". (Acts 1:9)

Jesus Christ fulfilled 48 major prophesies of the Old Testament not all are listed here. Some scholars calculate that He fulfilled up to 400 prophecies in all. The odds of one man in history fulfilling just 48 are 1 in 1 trillion to 13th power. In light of this does this influence your concept of who Jesus is?

2. Born of a virgin "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, "His mother Mary was pledged to be married to
and will call Him Immanuel" (Isa.7:14),

Willful mistranslation by Saint Jerome.......who was desperate to make his case:
32. Isaiah tells of the mystery of our faith and hope:4478“Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Emmanuel.” I know that the Jews are accustomed to meet us with the objection that in Hebrew the word Almah does not mean a virgin, but a young woman. And, to speak truth, a virgin is properly called Bethulah, but a young woman, or a girl, is not Almah, but Naarah!4479What then is the meaning of Almah? A hidden virgin, that is, not merely virgin, but a virgin and something more, because not every virgin is hidden, shut off from the occasional sight of men. Then again, Rebecca, on account of her extreme purity, and because she was a type of the Church which she represented in her own virginity, is described in Genesis as Almah, not Bethulah, as may clearly be proved from the words of Abraham’s servant, spoken by him in Mesopotamia:4480“And he said, O Lord, the God of my master Abraham, if now thou do prosper my way which I go: behold I stand by the fountain of water; and let it come to pass, that the maiden which cometh forth to draw, to whom I shall say, Give me, I pray thee, a little water of this pitcher to drink; and she shall say to me, Both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels: let the same be the woman whom the Lord hath appointed for my master’s son.” Where he speaks of the maiden coming forth to draw water, the Hebrew word is Almah, that is, a virgin secluded, and guarded by her parents with extreme care. Or, if this be not so, let them at least show me where the word is applied to married women as well, and I will confess my ignorance. “Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son.” If virginity be not preferred to marriage, why did not the Holy Spirit choose a married woman, or a widow? For at that time Anna the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser, was alive, distinguished for purity, and always free to devote herself to prayers and fasting in the temple of God. If the life, and good works, and fasting without virginity can merit the advent of the Holy Spirit, she might well have been the mother of our Lord. Let us hasten to the rest:4481“The virgin daughter of Zion hath despised thee and laughed thee to scorn.” To her whom he called daughter the prophet also gave the title virgin, for fear that if he spoke only of a daughter, it might be supposed that she was married. This is the virgin daughter whom elsewhere he thus addresses:4482“Sing, O barren, thou that dost not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate, than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.” This is she of whom God by the mouth of Jeremiah speaks, saying:4483“Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire.” Concerning her we read of a great miracle in the same prophecy4484—that a woman should compass a man, and that the Father of all things should be contained in a virgin’s womb.

NPNF2-06. Jerome: The Principal Works of St. Jerome - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Can someone explain this to me?
As far as i can tell, he didnt meet the requirements. Obviously lol..
So how?

Jesus fulfilled many prophecies from the Old Testament.

TOPIC PROPHECY FULFILLMENT
1. Place of birth "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah though you are small "Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea."
among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for Me (Matthew 2:1).
one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from
of old, from ancient times." (Micah 5:2) 700 B.C.

and will call Him Immanuel" (Isa.7:14), 700 B.C. Joseph, but before the came together, she was
found to be with child through the Holy Spirit"
(Matt.1:18).

3. His triumphal "Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, daughter "The took palm branches and went out to meet Him,
entry of Jerusalem! See, your King comes to you, righteous shouting, 'Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name
and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on of the Lord! Blessed is the King of Israel!' Jesus found
a colt, the foal of a donkey" (Zechariah 9:9). 500 B.C. a young donkey and sat upon it" (John 12:13-14).

4. Betrayed by a "Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared "Then Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve, went to the chief
friend my bread, has lifted up his heel against me" (Psalm 41:9) priests to betray Jesus to them." (Mark 14:10)
1000 B.C.

5. His rejection "He was despised and rejected by men...Like one from "He came to that which was his own, but his own did not
whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we receive him." (John 1:11)
esteemed him not." (Isa.53:3) 500 B.C.

6. Crucified with "He...was numbered with the transgressors." (Isa.53:12) "Two robbers were crucified with him, one on his right
sinners 700 B.C. and one on his left." (Matt.27:38).

7. Hand and feet "They have pierced my hands and my feet" (Ps.22:16) "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your
pierced 1000 B.C. hand and put it into my side" (John 20:27).

8. His "You will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let "You killed the author of life, but God raised him from
resurrection your Holy One see decay." (Ps.16:10) 1000 B.C. the dead. (Acts 3:15)

9. His ascension "You ascended on high" (Ps.68:18) 1000 B.C. "He was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid
from their sight". (Acts 1:9)

Jesus Christ fulfilled 48 major prophesies of the Old Testament not all are listed here. Some scholars calculate that He fulfilled up to 400 prophecies in all. The odds of one man in history fulfilling just 48 are 1 in 1 trillion to 13th power. In light of this does this influence your concept of who Jesus is?
You've been outright lied to, and you should be infuriated not just at the liars who taught you these lies, but also mad at yourself, by your own laziness not to look up each single refutation to these lies and figure it out for yourself.
All these listed have been debunked.
Examples:it says Bethlehem Ephrathah not Bethlehem the city. The Hebrew is the wrong gender to be used as a town. Ephratah was a father or grandfather of Bethlehem, the context clearly is about a (small clan) lineage thus says the word CLAN.
more samples of being lied to:"A virgin shall conceive."
The Hebrew is Almah=young woman. Ahaz's son became King, Hezekiah had the gov't upon his shoulders, Jesus never did. Context is the battle with Assyria.
Isaiah 7 King Hezekiah was the child born to the "Young Woman"(not virgin) as a sign for Ahaz when Ahaz was alive not 600 years later.
He had his father's gov't upon his shoulder, was a father figure and had God with them (Emmanuel) in defeating Assyria (context of Isaiah chapters), thus was called the prince of Peace. Jesus kingdom has thousands of wars and over 50 million murders a far cry from peace and can not be a sign for Ahaz 600 years in the future where he can't receive that sign which in Bible is always imminent not distant.

Psalms placement is also a lie:
It says at my hands and fet never says pierced, that's placed fallaciously by the "father of lies".
Psalms is about David being restrained, the expression we use today is holding us back or holding us down or they are tying our hands
(not piercing our hands).
I stoped reading your list after seeing the same mistakes and lies that have been addressed and outted yet still used.
These samples show a pattern of needing to lie.
A truth needs no lies only a great deception does.
I see no difference between the Dems who've been debunked and outted lying yet still using the same lies to scam with, and how Christianity being debunked continues on using the same outted lies. It's the same pattern of deception.
=Jesus placement into the OT is the earliest form of fake news, used by Rome to demonize and undermine the Jews and the Kohanim's spiritual authority.

Forum List

Back