How is government in way of Business??

The clueless one here is you....You've not run a business and don't give a shit.

I never said I didn't run businesses, clueless. That is your crystal meth ball talking out your pipe to you.

You sit around, let others take the risks, then come along with the attitude that the entrepreneur owes you a living.

Yes, I let fools take the risks, and I skim mine off the top. That is capitalism Oddball. Prey on the weak. No one has ever owed me a living, but you seem like your guilty Oddball, like you never took a chance, never grabbed the golden ring. Some of us just have more opportunities, because we are willing to take bigger risks.

I've rented losers like you more than you know.

Hmm, I never considered myself a Loser Oddball. Funny how you classify people as well. Renters for example have many options available that property owners like me don't have. They take less risks, so how does that make them Losers? LMAO!!!

Shitnao, have you ever run a business?

Another repetition of the prayers. But this idiot goes further...

Ever hear of OSHA?

Indeed I have. My father was the first ironworker to be saved by OSHA regulated safety nets. You want to go back to the days before OSHA? Try it. Please have your idiot tea partiers propose it. I want that debate.

Ever hear of workman's comp?

Indeed I have. Yeah, let's get rid of OSHA so we have millions of injured and maimed workers and then let's get rid of comp so they will be penniless when they are butchered by industry. Go ahead, propose it. I dare you. I want this debate. Let them all see what you are really on about.

Minimum wage?

Yeah, lets get rid of that to. Now we can have people work for nothing, then get maimed then go penniless. What a wonderful world you see for us my man. bannana Republic even.

That's not what he's refering to and you know it.
No one is implying business should be free of all regulation. Anyone with more than a room temperature IQ knows that.
The minimum wage has reduced employment opportunites for unskilled entry level workers.
Ever notice how union thugs love the min wage? That's becasue their wage demads are indexed to the min wage. So when the govt demands firms large and small give people raises in pay they do not deserve, the unions chime in and demand higher wages for the rank and file. Some system, huh?
\
Let me give you an example of how an increase in the min wage can create job loss.
We have a hardware store in Anytown....This is a small family run business that is in it's third generation. The store has 6 employees. 4 full and 2 part time. The full timers are all vets that have been there over 15 years. They earn $12-$15 per hour. The part timers are two high school kids who make min wage or maybe 50 cents above. Let's say it's $7 per hour...The govt comes along and says Uh oh.. ya gotta raise the min wage. So now the kids who were making above min wage are now at min wage. They go to the boss and say "hey we were 50 cents above the min wage and we'd like an increase to get back to that". Boss says he'll look at rhe books to see if he can do that. Menawhile the fulltimers come to him looking for an increase to match the demands of the partimers..Wanting to keep his fulltimers happy, he goives them all a 50 cent per hour raise. Unfortunately, store revenues will just not support an increase for the part timers. In fact becauwse of the additional two dollars per hour he has to put out for the fulltimers. he now has ot make a decsion. He goes to the partimers and lets them know there just isn't any money to pay them more. However, he would give one of them a raise but the other would have to be let go.
The bottom line is this....the federal government has no business mandating to business how much or how little they may or may not pay their employees.

Got news for you, I know many ( including myself) who are owners of micro and small business who got NOTHING nor waned ANYTHING from government except to have govt stay out of the way of their enterprises.

Yep, I know a self-operator who hated government up until the day he died. Now his widow is forced into her sons house to survive, cause daddy never paid any SS. And that is where a lot of these lil business people who want gov out of their lives are headed, and who will have their hands out when they can no longer work.

The clueless one here is you....You've not run a business and don't give a shit.

I never said I didn't run businesses, clueless.
You really haven't said shit about shit, other than to infer the ridiculous claim that those who abuse their monopoly power on the use of force in the marketplace aren't an impingement on that marketplace, which is ridiculous on its face.

You sit around, let others take the risks, then come along with the attitude that the entrepreneur owes you a living.

Yes, I let fools take the risks
, and I skim mine off the top. That is capitalism Oddball. Prey on the weak. No one has ever owed me a living, but you seem like your guilty Oddball, like you never took a chance, never grabbed the golden ring. Some of us just have more opportunities, because we are willing to take bigger risks.
Are you drunk?

A CATO article on ag subsidies:

The U.S. Department of Agriculture distributes between $10 billion and $30 billion in cash subsidies to farmers and owners of farmland each year.1 The particular amount depends on market prices for crops, the level of disaster payments, and other factors. More than 90 percent of agriculture subsidies go to farmers of five crops—wheat, corn, soybeans, rice, and cotton.2 More than 800,000 farmers and landowners receive subsidies, but the payments are heavily tilted toward the largest producers.3

In addition to routine cash subsidies, the USDA provides subsidized crop insurance, marketing support, and other services to farm businesses. The USDA also performs extensive agricultural research and collects statistical data for the industry. These indirect subsidies and services cost taxpayers about $5 billion each year, putting total farm support at between $15 billion and $35 billion annually.

Agricultural Subsidies | Downsizing the Federal Government
ag subsidies are used as an enticement by politicians to capture votes from the farm belt.
AG subsidies shoulds be banned.
And please spare me the family farm stuff. Most are gone anyway. Either bought out by corporate farms or lost to the government by the death of the owner and the kids who inherit the farm have to sell to pay the death tax...

Which one of you leftist dweebs has ever run an honest-to-goodness business?
ZERO.. LIiberals don't believe in achievement, success and the entrepreneurial spirit. They all think businesses are crooked entities that are out to screw people and pay workers as little as possible.
Liberals would never be business owners because there is no union to repersent them.

And you think government doesn't create jobs, and government needs to get out of the way somehow or way you don't have an answer for. Republicans will never be able to run a business in America, because there will always be unions bringing conditions to workers, to counter the sissy CEOs of corporations, or some other excuse why they are failures.
Not sure I follow your logic here.
BTW union membership in the private sector is at an alltime low of 7%.
We have nothing to fear from unions. They are on their way out of the private sector. Now if we could just get rid of public worker unions, the country would be in much better shape.

Ever hear of OSHA?

Indeed I have. My father was the first ironworker to be saved by OSHA regulated safety nets. You want to go back to the days before OSHA? Try it. Please have your idiot tea partiers propose it. I want that debate.

Interesting, my dad & brother were both Iron workers. But yeah, I am quite aware of OSHA, having retired from field steel construction.

Indeed I have. Yeah, let's get rid of OSHA so we have millions of injured and maimed workers and then let's get rid of comp so they will be penniless when they are butchered by industry. Go ahead, propose it. I dare you. I want this debate. Let them all see what you are really on about.

Minimum wage?

Yeah, lets get rid of that to. Now we can have people work for nothing, then get maimed then go penniless. What a wonderful world you see for us my man. bannana Republic even.

If that isn't the truth. They want to talk the talk, until they are injured, lose their job, their home, etc., then they start to whine, all of a sudden they are born-again Liberals. All of sudden they are down in the lines with their hands out, embracing the same programs they spent a lifetime fighting against. LOL!

It is easy to cut through their crap, they are first ones that want wars, and last ones to be drug screaming to avoid the draft.

Got news for you, I know many ( including myself) who are owners of micro and small business who got NOTHING nor waned ANYTHING from government except to have govt stay out of the way of their enterprises.

Yep, I know a self-operator who hated government up until the day he died. Now his widow is forced into her sons house to survive, cause daddy never paid any SS. And that is where a lot of these lil business people who want gov out of their lives are headed, and who will have their hands out when they can no longer work.
Oh bullshit. SS is NOT retirement pension. It is a supplement. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool and deserves to be poor in retirement.
Do you really think that all small business owners are stupidly not preparing for their retirement like this guy didn't?
Typical lib., Don't take a risk. Don't try to make your own mark. Depend on other for your bidding. Then demand the traxpayers support you womb to tomb.
You simply don't know what it is you're blabbering about.

Not sure I follow your logic here.
BTW union membership in the private sector is at an alltime low of 7%.
We have nothing to fear from unions.

That is quite true, no fear, yet that is what the right squeals about, has nightmares about.

They are on their way out of the private sector. Now if we could just get rid of public worker unions, the country would be in much better shape.

No, they will never be out of the private sector, because someone has to do what only trained skilled organized craftsmen can do.

Last edited:
Oh bullshit. SS is NOT retirement pension. It is a supplement. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool and deserves to be poor in retirement.
Oh, mah heart momentary stopped, then I realized I am talking to an idiot capitalist, and not people who live off their SS checks. But just to make you feel foolish;

"We can never insure one-hundred percent of the population against one-hundred percent of the hazards and vicissitudes of life. But we have tried to frame a law which will give some measure of protection to the average citizen and to his family against the loss of a job and against poverty-ridden old age. This law, too, represents a cornerstone in a structure which is being built, but is by no means complete.... It is...a law that will take care of human needs and at the same time provide for the United States an economic structure of vastly greater soundness."
Franklin D. Roosevelt, August 14, 1935

"The Social Security program.. . represents our commitment as a society to the belief that workers should not live in dread that a disability, death, or old age could leave them or their families destitute."
Jimmy E. Carter, December 20, 1977

Do you really think that all small business owners are stupidly not preparing for their retirement like this guy didn't?

All? I would hope not. Some will work till they fucking drop! Some will be down at the local store with a sign begging for help, senior in need. One women and her child was cruising the parking lot asking for money to buy her poor disabled child a leg brace. You see people are greedy bastards like you, and of course don't want to pay taxes to live in the American society. The difference is, they have the balls, and you are a pussy. LOL!! But that is what happens dude. They are the uninsured down at the emergency, so there must be a lot of them. I know another guy, a Mexican selling stuff out of his van at the flea market to support his wife & child in a home. Do you think he is paying into his social security? People are barely living pay check to pay check, and you think they are paying in. You are a fool if you do. I know another couple selling attack dogs, living sale to sale out in the country. I know they are not paying into SS. But there are millions not paying in. I am sure the stats will bear that out. Was Whitmann's maid paying into SS? How about Rushkies maid?

Typical lib., Don't take a risk. Don't try to make your own mark. Depend on other for your bidding. Then demand the traxpayers support you womb to tomb.
You simply don't know what it is you're blabbering about.

Typical replug, talk out his ass about things he doesn't know. Puffing his crack pipe and dreaming up bullshit like OddBall does, and STILL hasn't told us how government gets in the way of business ~ the main Bullshit line these two loony tunes have going.:lol:

Last edited:
a question is asked - how does government hinder business? and the only people who seem to believe that government does just this this still have no actual explanation. all they can do is say, "you havent run a business, so you just don't understand." this is the flawed logic so many people are scared and brainwashed into believing. once again, please explain how the obama agenda is hostile to private sector growth.

I never said I didn't run businesses, clueless.
You really haven't said shit about shit, other than to infer the ridiculous claim that those who abuse their monopoly power on the use of force in the marketplace aren't an impingement on that marketplace, which is ridiculous on its face.
My thread, your answers................
The rightys keep chanting from under their rocks, that somehow government is preventing the economy recovery, BECAUSE GOVERNMENT IS IN THE WAY!! I'ts all somehow governments fault that jobs are not being created with the Trillon dollars corporations are known to be hoarding. So lets eliminate a few myths;

1.That government creates jobs. No, cons know that is not true, and they tell us quite often that government does not create jobs.

2.That government is standing in the way of corporations. Yet they cannot cite anything, and when you put them on the spot, they take their Rushkie myths and dive back under their rocks.

So rightys, this is your chance to tell us Leftys, honestly, how is government in the way of business's creating jobs??

Yes, I let fools take the risks
, and I skim mine off the top. That is capitalism Oddball. Prey on the weak. No one has ever owed me a living, but you seem like your guilty Oddball, like you never took a chance, never grabbed the golden ring. Some of us just have more opportunities, because we are willing to take bigger risks.
Are you drunk?

Can't help you there crackhead. Ask that question tomorrow night, cept say, are you having a margarita. Tonight I am having green tea.

Ever hear of OSHA?

Minimum wage?

Is your name Shitnao?
I point to areas where government regs have destroyed certain industries and you tell anecdotes about your over-paid father.
This is liberal argumentation. You don't deny anything I wrote was true. You merely tell anecdotes about how wonderful Big Daddy Government is. How about all those people who did NOT get a job as ironworkers because of high min wage, union involvement and OSHA regs? Oh, screw them. We've got ours, let everyone else go fuck themselves.
How about all those people who worked in cut and sew factories in North Carolina, Georgia, etc? Oh, screw them. We've got government union jobs. They can go fuck themselves.
The Democrats, The Party of Fuck You.

Please.... Ask us a difficult question. If any of you have ever run a business.... (which being that you are asking the question I guess you have not).... you know the answer.

In 2006 the US had a 38% tax on doing business in the country. I'm sure that has gone up since the Dems have been in control of Congress the past 4 years.

When 40% of you profit goes to taxes something is wrong.

Highest Taxed Countries: Top Ten Nations Based on Taxation

American Thinker: US Companies Pay the Highest Taxes in the World

a question is asked - how does government hinder business? and the only people who seem to believe that government does just this this still have no actual explanation. all they can do is say, "you havent run a business, so you just don't understand." this is the flawed logic so many people are scared and brainwashed into believing. once again, please explain how the obama agenda is hostile to private sector growth.

If you guys really wanted to know the answer you could google it... so there must be a different motive here.... what is it?

KMAN, if the question is so easy, why don't you answer it? How is the government in the way of companies, right now, today, hiring workers.

tick tock
tick tock

How about all those people who did NOT get a job as ironworkers because of high min wage, union involvement and OSHA regs?

There is not one ironworker in the United States that was ever unemployed because the minimum wage or OSHA and ironworkers will sooner take your head off than let you do anything bad to their union. You don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about. As usual.

How about all those people who did NOT get a job as ironworkers because of high min wage, union involvement and OSHA regs?

There is not one ironworker in the United States that was ever unemployed because the minimum wage or OSHA and ironworkers will sooner take your head off than let you do anything bad to their union. You don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about. As usual.

No, that's you.
How many people who are NOT ironworkers, but would have taken that job, are there? Yes, unions throw a moat around the job, letting in their favored White buddies and keeping others out.
But again, you dodge the question. I have listed many ways government regs and taxation have destroyed jobs. You respond with irrelevance.

I'll give you a great example: The FDA.

It costs in excess of $500 million dollars and as much as a decade worth of bureaucratic red tape and delays to bring a new medication or device to market. This automatically prices out of the market smaller competitors and favors the eeeeeevilll BigPharm companies all you libs snivel about ....That costs jobs.

Then, supposing the medication or device gets to market, the companies have to recoup the R&D costs...This is done through higher prices.

But, like I already said, y'all will say "well I think it's worth it", as you attempt to move the goalpsosts from whether they're getting in the way, to arguing whether that impediment in the marketplace is "worth it", in your opinion.

And don't even get me started with things like the ADA, licensing and permit shakedowns, silly environmental regs that do little to nothing, etcetera.

Again, if you've never actually run a business, you'd neither know nor care about how Big Daddy Big Gubmint gums up the works and drives up the costs of virtually everything.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back