How is Congress going to create jobs and stimulate the economy?

The mortgage market was regulated. Banks were ordered to make bad loans.

How do you make a business plan when you don't know when government is coming after you next, and for what?

That's a lie. No bank was ever forced to make a loan to an unqualified borrower. Not even the banks who went under have claimed that.

quit believing what you hear spewing out of the rightwing propaganda machine.

Hmmm, you didn't give them the opportunity to prove you wrong, by saying "Prove it!!!" Of course that would have made them look like fools and maybe their kids are looking over their shoulders.:lol:

I'm not surprised you have no answer and you dodge and weave. I guess the US will be getting that in Congress over the next two years. As has been seen since 2008, that's all you guys have....

What am I "dodging and weaving"? I told you - get the government out of the way and the economy will fix itself. Are you drinking tonight? :cuckoo:

Right. And I asked how it will 'fix' itself. Specifics.

It's day time down here......

I cannot give you an economics lesson buddy, I simply don't have the time......look that shit up yourself - you can start with Hayek's "The Road to Serfdom" . Keep in mind that there is a reason it is called "the dismal science". If that is too heavy for you, you can start here....Economics in One Lesson

PS -Alcohol can be drunk in the day or the night.....

Last edited:
The mortgage market was regulated. Banks were ordered to make bad loans.

How do you make a business plan when you don't know when government is coming after you next, and for what?

That's a lie. No bank was ever forced to make a loan to an unqualified borrower. Not even the banks who went under have claimed that.

quit believing what you hear spewing out of the rightwing propaganda machine.

Of course they were not forced. They were encouraged and Fanny and Freddie were there to buy up the loans, so why would they not write them.

The housing crisis was Caused By Regulation, and government meddling. The a house for every American idea back fired. Both parties share blame in allowing it to happen, but clearly It was Democrats that pushed for the CRA, and Encouraged Fanny and Freddie to basically create a Place to sell off the loans banks were writing, many risky, to entities that would ultimately be bailed out by the Government if need be.

We crated a house of cards and it was inevitable it would fall.

now the only question is, are we going to learn from our mistakes, or are we simply going to try and "fix" the Market and re inflate the Artificial Bubble?

Maybe the federal government could live within a budget. One where expenses did not exceed income. Then they wouldn't be out competing with US businesses for world capital. Freeing up capital and keeping business uncertainty to a minimum would be a nice start.

Of course they were not forced. They were encouraged and Fanny and Freddie were there to buy up the loans, so why would they not write them.

The housing crisis was Caused By Regulation, and government meddling. The a house for every American idea back fired. Both parties share blame in allowing it to happen, but clearly It was Democrats that pushed for the CRA, and Encouraged Fanny and Freddie to basically create a Place to sell off the loans banks were writing, many risky, to entities that would ultimately be bailed out by the Government if need be.

We crated a house of cards and it was inevitable it would fall.

now the only question is, are we going to learn from our mistakes, or are we simply going to try and "fix" the Market and re inflate the Artificial Bubble?

You have it ass backwards. It was not "caused by regulation." The mortgage industry tried to set up as many loans as it could because they were making money off of the fees associated with them and they didn't care if the loans failed. The *deregulation* of the derivative markets is what linked the housing bubble and its bad loans to the larger economy.

Banks knowingly and happily traded derivatives backed by mortgages they knew were bad BECAUSE OF DEREGULATION.

The "regulation caused it" stuff has got to go. It goes against everything that actually happened, and that type of thinking is bound to let it happen again.

Forum List

Back