How is Bush helping Emergency Workings in N.O.?

ThomasPaine said:
single person or house was wanting help because of this photo? For goodness sake get your head outta your backside... Hatred of Bush is twisting the minds of you libs in very strange directions.. Maybe the President was with these firefighters to show his apppreciation and support of their efforts... Ya think? Oh but no it's always the Evil Diabolical George Bush..... Frankly I find your fixation humourous...

Although this might surprise you, New Orleans is somewhat in need of rescue workers right now. But, some of them are too busy posing for photos with Mr. Bush.

Max Power said:
Although this might surprise you, New Orleans is somewhat in need of rescue workers right now. But, some of them are too busy posing for photos with Mr. Bush.

Lucky firefighters, I'd say. And what are YOU doing. Wading through toxic water to help people ? If you think this is going to drum any new amount of hatred towards Bush you missed the boat. MoveON already had drug out some survivors to whine for them.

dilloduck said:
MoveON already had drug out some survivors to whine for them.

Yeah?

druggie.JPG

So why are they drugging out survivors?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./Our Cruisers cannot repel whining of this\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . / magnitude! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . \
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _,,,--~~~~~~~~--,_ . . . .\. __________________________________/
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :º ‘-, . . \/. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . .,-‘ :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : : :º : ‘-, . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : : :O ‘-, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .,-‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : , : : :º :::: :::: ::’; . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . .,-‘ / / : :: :: :: :: : : :::: :::-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;\ . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . /,-‘,’ :: : : : : : : : : :: :: :: : ‘-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;;| . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . /,’,-‘ :: :: :: :: :: :: :: : ::_,-~~,_’-, ;; ;; ;; ;; | . . . . . . .
. . . . . _/ :,’ :/ :: :: :: : : :: :: _,-‘/ : ,-‘;’-‘’’’’~-, ;; ;; ;;,’ . . . . . . . .
. . . ,-‘ / : : : : : : ,-‘’’ : : :,--‘’ :|| /,-‘-‘--‘’’__,’’’ \ ;; ;,-‘ . . . . . . . .
. . . \ :/,, : : : _,-‘ --,,_ : : \ :\ ||/ /,-‘-‘x### ::\ \ ;;/ . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . \/ /---‘’’’ : \ #\ : :\ : : \ :\ \| | : (O##º : :/ /-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . /,’____ : :\ ‘-#\ : \, : :\ :\ \ \ : ‘-,___,-‘,-`-,, . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . ‘ ) : : : :’’’’--,,--,,,,,,¯ \ \ :: ::--,,_’’-,,’’’¯ :’- :’-, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .) : : : : : : ,, : ‘’’’~~~~’ \ :: :: :: :’’’’’¯ :: ,-‘ :,/\ . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .\,/ /|\\| | :/ / : : : : : : : ,’-, :: :: :: :: ::,--‘’ :,-‘ \ \ . . . . . . . .
. . . . .\\’|\\ \|/ ‘/ / :: :_--,, : , | )’; :: :: :: :,-‘’ : ,-‘ : : :\ \, . . . . . . .
. . . ./¯ :| \ |\ : |/\ :: ::----, :\/ :|/ :: :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : ‘’-,,_ . . . .
. . ..| : : :/ ‘’-(, :: :: :: ‘’’’’~,,,,,’’ :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : : : :,-‘’’\\ . . . .
. ,-‘ : : : | : : ‘’) : : :¯’’’’~-,: : ,--‘’’ : :,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : ,-‘ :¯’’’’’-,_ .
./ : : : : :’-, :: | :: :: :: _,,-‘’’’¯ : ,--‘’ : : : : : : : : : : : / : : : : : : :’’-,
/ : : : : : -, :¯’’’’’’’’’’’¯ : : _,,-~’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : :| : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : :¯’’~~~~~~’’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : | : : : : : : : : :

Max Power said:
Well, I hope that if your house ever burns down, that firefighters aren't too busy posing for pictures.

I would hope that you wouldn't be one of the people that slow down in front of the firetruck because they posed with the President. All we need to do is read DU to find out the insanity that the Left is willing to go to in order to express the depth of their hatred for any Conservative at all, let alone for Bush.

Posing with Firefighters didn't take them away from their duties. As a volunteer firefighter I know that this didn't happen. No firefighter would leave a scene in order to pose. These were men that were on hand during a lull in their activities, not people pulled away from a scene in order to pose.

This is just a weak argument, and you keep trying to support it with ideological idiocy like "I hope it isn't your house on fire!"

Looks like 5 firefighters walking with the President. Even if the article is 100% accurate; these firefighters were "assigned" to the President, I would dare say that the people in charge felt they could be spared for this assignment.

If they didn't use firefighters and used policeman, Red Cross volunteers, National Guard, etc....used..ANYONE...there would be people bitching about it.

Maybe it would have been better if the President didn't even go down there.

Oh wait...then someone would have complained about that.

See what Max here is trying to do is remove attention form the actual issue by invoking emotion. Nobody wants their house on fire, but that's not the issue. What probably happened is that the firefighters were walking towards their duties, so Bush caught up with them and walked with them a while to show his support. During this walk, they took a picture. They didn't have to leave their duties, Bush joined them.

You know..maybe Max is right.

A couple of Saturday's ago, a fire truck drove through my neighborhood and stopped at a couple of garage sales.

I saw on the news that night that there was a house fire about 20 miles away.

These guys were garage-sale-hopping while this house was burning to the ground!

I can't believe it.

Max...what should I do? Write a letter? Mayor's action committee?

Hobbit said:
What probably happened is that the firefighters were walking towards their duties, so Bush caught up with them and walked with them a while to show his support. During this walk, they took a picture. They didn't have to leave their duties, Bush joined them.

Hahahaha. I don't know why I'm bothering typing this, because you're apparently illiterate.

If, by chance, you aren't illiterate, re-read the first post.

Those firefighters were flown in specifically to stand next to Mr. Bush as photos were taken.

GotZoom said:
If they didn't use firefighters and used policeman, Red Cross volunteers, National Guard, etc....used..ANYONE...there would be people bitching about it.
Well... YEAH.

Why should it be a higher priority to take a photo with the president than to do any of the duties that firefighters, red cross volunteers, the national guard, are doing in Louisiana right now?

GotZoom said:
Just curious Maxie.....

What have YOU done?

Well, he has come on this site to declare the President BAAAAD, VERY BAAAAD for taking a picture with Fire Fighters that he has stated are not and were not part of the relief effort to begin with.

This is a very good thing to do ya know. He can stand there along with the Media Personel eating food and whining about the food that wasn't being delivered without actually asking why and finding out it was because the LA Dept of Homeland Security (The State named their dept after the Federal one, this is not a Federal Dept.) denied entry to the Red Cross because they didn't want to "attract more people to the Superdome, (they) want(ed) to get them out of there"...

It is very helpful to run around giving all the misinformation possible without regard to actual information that has been revealed otherwise people might realize the truth, it wasn't the fault of FEMA that people were not helped right away.

GotZoom said:
Just curious Maxie.....

What have YOU done?

I don't see how that's relevant.
If you must know, I've done quite a bit for the local FD, but I can't anymore.

Max Power said:
I don't see how that's relevant.
If you must know, I've done quite a bit for the local FD, but I can't anymore.

It is relevant because the question has been asked.

That is great that you have done things for the local FD, however, the thread is discussing Hurricane Katrina.

What have YOU done to help in the relief efforts?

It is easy to sit back and play the blame game....you would have much more credibility if you actually tried to make a difference.

Max Power said:
Hahahaha. I don't know why I'm bothering typing this, because you're apparently illiterate.

If, by chance, you aren't illiterate, re-read the first post.

Those firefighters were flown in specifically to stand next to Mr. Bush as photos were taken.

Right, because everything on the internet is true. Of all the pictures I see on the internet that are claimed to be authentic, about half of them are edited and less than half of the unedited ones have innacurate captions.

Forum List

Back