How Inflation Confiscates Wealth

Again, I point to Ron Paul.

If he's not a perfect example that there's still politicians who can't be bought, I don't know who is.

Paul is a person. Get him elected, then in 8 years, what? That doesn't change the root cause. You can't count on a Ron Paul every 8 years. Unlike RP, most of us are human and frail. Best to remove temptation.
No, what Paul is, is proof that there are still people who can be trusted to be honest in office and serve the individual rather than corporate America.

He gives me every reason to assume there can still be an honest government, but the problem is we only elect the crooks.

The reason why that is, is because from the local level all the way to the top there's an establishment that is deeply embedded in the system that does everything it can to keep the honest people out of office. And then the media keeps the cap on things by providing us with an illusion of only certain choices, and people eat it up every single election.

Nothing is going to change until the voters themselves wake the fuck up.

Don't want to wait for that. It's why I don't like libertarianism. We're supposed to wait around and hope for a change in human nature. :dunno:

That's the beauty of Representatives only serving 2 year terms. If we see that they've given Company A what it wants, we kick them the fuck out and try again. Eventually if we show them that we're diligent enough to continue kicking their asses out everytime a new rep falls victim to the seduction of money, it will stop.

Voter due diligence. It's not exactly a hard concept. It's not like these politicians don't have records indicating exactly what they're doing with their power.

Paul is a person. Get him elected, then in 8 years, what? That doesn't change the root cause. You can't count on a Ron Paul every 8 years. Unlike RP, most of us are human and frail. Best to remove temptation.
No, what Paul is, is proof that there are still people who can be trusted to be honest in office and serve the individual rather than corporate America.

He gives me every reason to assume there can still be an honest government, but the problem is we only elect the crooks.

The reason why that is, is because from the local level all the way to the top there's an establishment that is deeply embedded in the system that does everything it can to keep the honest people out of office. And then the media keeps the cap on things by providing us with an illusion of only certain choices, and people eat it up every single election.

Don't want to wait for that. It's why I don't like libertarianism. We're supposed to wait around and hope for a change in human nature. :dunno:

Said like a true central planner at heart.

Campaign finance reform isn't the cure. I've explained this now about 12 times in several threads. It's in this one too.

May not be the final cure, but you can't deny it will help to heal our system.

Politicians spend 30% of their time fundraising to get elected. If they know that Company A always donates an easy $50,000 to their campaign every 2 years, when it comes time to legislate chances are they're going to try their hardest not to tick off that company by voting for regulation that will take away at that company's profits, ect. They become dependent on that campaign finance money because they know that if they don't get it, they'll be voted out next term.

However, if a politician no longer receives funding from Company A, and only from the public - let's say in a taxpayer funded campaign system - they will no longer be as concerned about pissing off Company A through legislating laws because the politician will no longer be dependent on that $50,000 to get reelected every 2 years.

I think dependence corruption is one of our system's biggest weaknesses.

You're assuming that money isn't smart, and isn't going to find its way into the tightest cracks. It's like water. You can't stop it from finding its way in.

Company A will find another way to get what it wants.

The only real solution is taking away the politicians who give them what they want.

If they're not taking campaign funds, they're taking graft, which can be taken care of the old-fashioned way.

When it comes to politics itself, I want honest POLITICIANS, I don't really care about honest companies in that regard because they can give all the money they want and they'll only get what they want if it's GIVEN to them.

Changing campaign finance only empowers the dishonest to find other ways to be dishonest.

The plan is to give everyone a more equal voice. It's not liberty, if someone can tip the balance with dough.

Well, over the course of time tons of nonsense has been passed into law that destroys the constitutions original intent. You have it right, it has to come from a well informed, active public. Then we can begin to demand as citizens that politicans stay witin their constitutional roles.

The Ron Paul movement is trying to get that public active and well informed.

May not be the final cure, but you can't deny it will help to heal our system.

Politicians spend 30% of their time fundraising to get elected. If they know that Company A always donates an easy $50,000 to their campaign every 2 years, when it comes time to legislate chances are they're going to try their hardest not to tick off that company by voting for regulation that will take away at that company's profits, ect. They become dependent on that campaign finance money because they know that if they don't get it, they'll be voted out next term.

However, if a politician no longer receives funding from Company A, and only from the public - let's say in a taxpayer funded campaign system - they will no longer be as concerned about pissing off Company A through legislating laws because the politician will no longer be dependent on that $50,000 to get reelected every 2 years.

I think dependence corruption is one of our system's biggest weaknesses.

You're assuming that money isn't smart, and isn't going to find its way into the tightest cracks. It's like water. You can't stop it from finding its way in.

The only real solution is taking away the politicians who give them what they want.

If they're not taking campaign funds, they're taking graft, which can be taken care of the old-fashioned way.

Right, because we're just kicking politicians out of office left and right for accepting bribes. :rolleyes:

Bribes come in all different forms, and it's damn near impossible to trace it all to any particular source and destination. Dirty money is dirty and always will be.

The plan is to give everyone a more equal voice. It's not liberty, if someone can tip the balance with dough.

Do you realize how much power we have as voters?

MUCH more power than any amount of money.

But we refuse to use it.

This is how bad it is and how fucking stupid we really are...

The 99% keeps electing politicians who benefit the 1% the most.

And instead of kicking them all out and starting fresh, we want these SAME BASTARDS to write us laws that will save us from ourselves instead!

Fucking retarded! :lol:

And with that, I'm out. Have a good day sirs.

Last edited:
When it comes to politics itself, I want honest POLITICIANS, I don't really care about honest companies in that regard because they can give all the money they want and they'll only get what they want if it's GIVEN to them.

Changing campaign finance only empowers the dishonest to find other ways to be dishonest.

The problem with this dishonesy is that it's legal. Prove a "quid pro quo", and 99% of Congress would be going to jail! Politically, that would be impossible to do and probably ensures that any constitutional amendment would have to come from the states.

Do you realize how much power we have as voters?

MUCH more power than any amount of money.

But we refuse to use it.

Paulie - I agree with you.

But the reality of the situation is that we live in an America where Jersey Shore is the #1 TV show, and people more often than not will get all of their information about candidates via Super Pac TV ads, vs actually doing their own in-depth research personally on each of the candidates.

I wish collectively we all got more involved, and realized our individual power. But we simply don't - it's the sad reality.

The most important thing money does is put people in the spotlight, and keeps them there. A guy can be the best candidate in the world, but if you've never heard of him, then what chance do you think he has of getting reelected? This country IS huge, and without money you're not getting noticed, period.

Money buys a large staff and full time team promoting the candidate, money buys TV time and radio time, money buys news articles/news coverage.

Money buys elections.

Last edited:

Right, because we're just kicking politicians out of office left and right for accepting bribes. :rolleyes:

Bribes come in all different forms, and it's damn near impossible to trace it all to any particular source and destination. Dirty money is dirty and always will be.

Just saying, remove opportunities to take bribes. Lobbyists could still lobby. They just wouldn't be able to dangle campaign contributions as bait to get what they want.

Just saying, remove opportunities to take bribes. Lobbyists could still lobby. They just wouldn't be able to dangle campaign contributions as bait to get what they want.

And to add, linking up politicians to sources of campaign financing is one of the #1 services a lobbyist provides at this point in time. They often serve as the "middle man" between politician and business.

This is how bad it is and how fucking stupid we really are...

The 99% keeps electing politicians who benefit the 1% the most.

And instead of kicking them all out and starting fresh, we want these SAME BASTARDS to write us laws that will save us from ourselves instead!

Fucking retarded! :lol:

And with that, I'm out. Have a good day sirs.

Pretty much. People have been trained fro generations to believe the govt. is thw answer to all our problems. This won't end until we break what was fought for to give us and land us back right where we were before. In some form of depotism and tyranny.

Oh well.....

I'm out too. This one has run its course.

Forum List

Back