How illegal get healthcare

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
HOW ILLEGAL GET HEALTHCARE

Illegal aliens, here in Nevada, are able to obtain healthcare subsidized by Nevada tax payers through Access to Healthcare Network. Same as what Obama say he will not give them, the Nevada tax payer gives them. Access to Healthcare Network provides them with medical, dental and vision at a discount.

Nevada Drug Card, government subsidized, provides prescription to them at a discount.

Nevada Drug Card
Access to Healthcare Network

Government healthcare will not work. Private healthcare is not working. But private HC do not cover every one and government HC will. Is we do not pass a healthcare plan that covers every American, it will be the America’s biggest tragedy ever.

I don't see where the drug card program is government run or funded.

If you click on the link at the bottom of the page, you get this:

This FREE DRUG CARD program is being sponsored by a non-profit organization to help all Americans lower their prescription drug costs. Simply download your FREE Prescription Drug Card and receive savings of up to 75% at more than 54,000 national and regional pharmacies. Please enter your name and e-mail address in the box below and we will generate a printable membership card for you. This program has “LOWEST PRICE” logic to guarantee that you get the best deal on your prescriptions (You pay the lower of a discount off Average Wholesale Price-AWP, discount off MAC Pricing, or Pharmacy Promotional/Retail price). This card is pre-activated and can be used immediately!

And the website (Nevada Drug Card) is by these people:

United Networks of America Networks of America is one of the largest providers of value added managed care products and services in the United States. UNA has more than 240,000 participating Providers serving more than 39.7 million members. Last year we saved our members an estimated $687,850,000. The UNA family of networks includes DENTAL, VISION, HEARING, PRESCRIPTION DRUG, MASSAGE THERAPY, and COSMETIC SURGERY, PROSMILE USA, NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS, HEALTH CLUB, WEIGHT LOSS, SMOKING CESSATION, DOC ON CALL, AND WELLNESS, benefits.

It's confusing. And obviously set up to take advantage of people.

I don't know for sure; maybe there is some state subsidy there, but I don't see anything but a private company trying to make a buck.

i understand that it's confusing, but i think that is at least in part because of people who say things they know are untrue...

yet they keep repeating them.

I don't know for sure; maybe there is some state subsidy there, but I don't see anything but a private company trying to make a buck.

i understand that it's confusing, but i think that is at least in part because of people who say things they know are untrue...

I meant the website was confusing. I can see how people would be thinking they're getting some sort of insurance card or state assistance. But down there at the bottom, in little bitty letters:

Copyright 2005 - 2009

United Networks of America

THIS PLAN IS NOT INSURANCE

And if you google it, there seems to be one for every state... same website for each (different name, of course).

Last edited:
I meant the website was confusing. I can see how people would be thinking they're getting some sort of insurance card or state assistance. But down there at the bottom, in little bitty letters:

Copyright 2005 - 2009

ah... ok. sorry. i thought you meant the issue of health care... which IS confusing in it's own right.

I see what you mean about the site, though.

But it's sad to see so much disinformation around.

Copyright 2005 - 2009

And if you google it, there seems to be one for every state... same website for each (different name, of course).
It's basically a manufacturer's coupon program. The drug companies underwrite it to encourage people that don't have coverage to buy non-generic drugs (therefore they still make the profit). It is only valuable if you can't get a generic version of the drug and if you don't have prescription coverage.

It has nothing to do with taxpayer's money.

Hospitals are prevented from disclosing immigration status to federal authorities. Emergency rooms may not deny treatment to anyone. While I understand that this is driving up costs for all of us, and needs to be addressed, no one can say that we are not already funding illegal immigrant health care. So what are we talking about? Health care for all or health insurance for all? That's why everyone is so confused.

Forum List

Back