How Ignorant Is Trump About American History?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
“To me, ‘America First’ is a brand-new, modern term… I never related it to the past.”

um...

nAquES8.jpg

Donald Trump's Plagiarized Anti-Semitic Slogan

Donald Trump doesn’t know this history—just as he may not know that there’s a current U.S. Senate candidate using “America First” as his slogan, and his name is David Duke. But he does have a knack for repeating errors similar to those that doomed the AFC. His “plan,” he told the GOP convention in his acceptance speech on Thursday night, “will put America first. Americanism, not globalism, will be our credo.” Yet, as Americans discovered 75 years ago, the world has a way of entangling us in its problems—be they climate change, terrorism, or refugees from war. A candidate who traffics in angry, mendacious stereotypes about people who are fleeing violence and poverty cannot help us build a saner, more tolerant, or safer society.

“To me, ‘America First’ is a brand-new, modern term… I never related it to the past.”

um...

nAquES8.jpg

Donald Trump doesn’t know this history—just as he may not know that there’s a current U.S. Senate candidate using “America First” as his slogan, and his name is David Duke. But he does have a knack for repeating errors similar to those that doomed the AFC. His “plan,” he told the GOP convention in his acceptance speech on Thursday night, “will put America first. Americanism, not globalism, will be our credo.” Yet, as Americans discovered 75 years ago, the world has a way of entangling us in its problems—be they climate change, terrorism, or refugees from war. A candidate who traffics in angry, mendacious stereotypes about people who are fleeing violence and poverty cannot help us build a saner, more tolerant, or safer society.
Did you hear about the queer bear that sucked his paw

Actually it had been used before that. And it will be used again in the future because it's an excellent sentiment.

Pretty dam stupid to be throwing away money on foreign aid and people who wish to kill us. Even stupider to spend money to pay for their invasion of us. About like Hitler demanding the French pay for the Blitzkreig. How about we take care of our own problems for awhile-we surely have enough-and stop trying to help folks who don't want our help any way.

um...

nAquES8.jpg

There was this other movement (using the word in both senses) that preached "one hundred percent Americanism" and picked on immigrants/foreigners, labor unions and minorities in general. It too picked up a lot of WASP supporters.
It was called the Ku Klux Klan. Although it no longer exists as a unified entity, vestiges of it, and copycats playing dress-up (like Duke) continue to this day.

And before them was their nativist political party expression, the Know Nothings, which is basically what Donald Rump is emulating. They didn't last real long either.

It's pretty sad when wanting to see the country you live in do well is considered evil.

Trump has no grasp of current events. It seems pitiful to consider that he has a grasp of history.

"A candidate who traffics in angry, mendacious stereotypes about people who are fleeing violence and poverty cannot help us build a saner, more tolerant, or safer society."

And that candidate is Trump, someone hostile to a saner, more tolerant, safer society.

Trump has no grasp of current events. It seems pitiful to consider that he has a grasp of history.
This from a ding bat who thinks Reagan was a failure.

Ah, the irony!
Reagan was way more intellectual than Trump. Trump is not intellectual at all. Reagan could also be scholarly and was able to create original thoughts and concepts. Reagan had his successes, but he also failed in many key and important areas. He allowed his administration to become the most corrupt one in history if you use the number of staff indicted, convicted or needing a pardon as criteria for judging corruptness. He failed miserably in his policies and responses to terrorist, making him responsible for the birth of modern day terrorism. One needs to only review and acknowledge the consistent number of terrorist attacks against Americans and his weak or failed responses to those attacks during his two terms as President during the 80's to reach the conclusion of crediting Reagan for the birth of modern day terrorism.

news.usni.org/2013/10/23/beirut-bombing-30-came-peace

Last edited:
Reagan was a Hollywood actor who had limited knowledge of anything. Israel invented "modern terrorism." Camp, no offense, but you seem like a douchebag. What college did you graduate from?

image.jpeg

um...

nAquES8.jpg

Seems your hitlery embraces her democrat party history.....

Reagan was a Hollywood actor who had limited knowledge of anything. Israel invented "modern terrorism." Camp, no offense, but you seem like a douchebag. What college did you graduate from?
I did not say he invented terrorism, I said he gave birth to modern day terrorism. Terrorism as a military tactic has been around for thousands of years. What Reagan did was allow Americans to become targets during his era and failed to responds in such a way that would halt the tactic from being used against Americans. No adequate response after the Beirut Embassy bombing led to the Marine barracks bombing. No adequate response to the Marine barracks bombing led to kidnappings and a long list of attacks, all while negotiating with the terrorist via Iran (Iran/Contra). Lets not even go into support for the "Freedom Fighters" who became the Taliban and al-Qaeda in Afghanistan.

New Topics

Forum List

Back