How hot is it?

Mr. P said:
Hey Arch, were you DEA?

worked with em but not for em..Department of Treasury-USCS-Patrol Officer/Investigator/Intelligence officer......... :tng:

archangel said:
worked with em but not for em..Department of Treasury-USCS-Patrol Officer/Investigator/Intelligence officer......... :tng:
I went through some training in Wichita with two guys..One was former DEA
but I think they were both customs at the time..The x-DEA guy was way deep under,
in Mex. and South Amer. Drug stuff..Very nice guys..I expressed interest in the job and they both said
NO! Keep flying for the company you're with...this sucks..

The DEA guy knew and worked with Enriqa Camorino(sp)...do you know who he was?

Mr. P said:
I went through some training in Wichita with two guys..One was former DEA
but I think they were both customs at the time..The x-DEA guy was way deep under,
in Mex. and South Amer. Drug stuff..Very nice guys..I expressed interest in the job and they both said
NO! Keep flying for the company you're with...this sucks..

The DEA guy knew and worked with Enriqa Camorino(sp)...do you know who he was?

A great operative...a sad loss indeed!

Central North Carolina has been running low 70s to high 80s mostly. I tnink 90 has been reached on a few days.

I live in an apartment facing NNE, with a lot a shade, so it has not gotten too hot inside. In fact, I have not yet needed to turn on the AC.

archangel said:
and thats why you hung out alot up in VC rarely gets above 90% and the nights drop to 55-65%..ha ha valley boy...also agree Arizona is much worse than Vegas...worked the border 1975-1979..Yuma Arizona..at 3:00am it was still 100%+ in summer..it did suck!

I like V.C. because you step back in time, and I can wear my cowboy hat, boots and spurs, Wha Maker, horse hair belt and hub cap buckle, and most importantly, my PISTOL... LOL!

And don't get too upidy there mountain boy... :D

If I could find a place to work, and make the kind of money I make now up there in V.C. somewhere, I'd more than likely live up there. I do like it. But, it's a tourist trap, and not much more than that for work.

Pale Rider said:
I like V.C. because you step back in time, and I can wear my cowboy hat, boots and spurs, Wha Maker, horse hair belt and hub cap buckle, and most importantly, my PISTOL... LOL!

And don't get too upidy there mountain boy... :D

If I could find a place to work, and make the kind of money I make now up there in V.C. somewhere, I'd more than likely live up there. I do like it. But, it's a tourist trap, and not much more than that for work.

true-true-true to all of the above........... :cof:

Wow... it hits 80 up here (near Seattle) and people think they're gonna die from heat exhaustion! But, since it never gets too hot, nobody has air conditioning up here.

gop_jeff said:
Wow... it hits 80 up here (near Seattle) and people think they're gonna die from heat exhaustion! But, since it never gets too hot, nobody has air conditioning up here.
Our average temp yesterday (averaging the high and the low) was 105. A new record. The official high was 116, but in many areas of town it was well over 120. I played golf yesterday and when we finished, the thermometer at the club said it was 122.

freeandfun1 said:
Our average temp yesterday (averaging the high and the low) was 105. A new record. The official high was 116, but in many areas of town it was well over 120. I played golf yesterday and when we finished, the thermometer at the club said it was 122.

you play golf in the sauna?...You are the hardy one! :dev1:

archangel said:
you play golf in the sauna?...You are the hardy one! :dev1:
As long as you keep moving, use cold towels and drink plenty of water, it really isn't that bad. The best thing about is there is nobody on the course. And to be honest, I only played nine holes.... Another guy from the club played 27. He is frigg'n nuts!

freeandfun1 said:
As long as you keep moving, use cold towels and drink plenty of water, it really isn't that bad. The best thing about is there is nobody on the course. And to be honest, I only played nine holes.... Another guy from the club played 27. He is frigg'n nuts!

since there is no one on the course...except ya hardy ones...lol

archangel said:
since there is no one on the course...except ya hardy ones...lol
Well, I don't pay when I play anyway. Golf is included in our quarterly dues. I paid $8 for the cart.

freeandfun1 said:
Well, I don't pay when I play anyway. Golf is included in our quarterly dues. I paid $8 for the cart.

Golf is one expensive sport...a couple of years ago I got bored and took a seasonal job at a local Golf course...just so I could try it for free...as the charges are really high...it was fun playing...but I just cannot see paying those fees to chase a little ball around and try hiding the ball in little holes! :cof:

Forum List

Back