How high will Tim Tebow be drafted?

Tim Tebow has something Ryan Leaf didn't seem to have, potential. Yes, a lot of his stats are padded but as previously mentioned (about the mechanics) if he can learn those then he'll be a good to great QB.

If I were a owner, I'd be more worried about the concussion thing.

Ryan could have had potential if he had not had such a big ego, he was a trouble maker at WSU but not as bad as when he left.

I am trying to think of the number two draft pick that went to Seattle the year Drew Bledsoe was drafted or was it the other way around? He is what Tebow will be like, alright for a few years but will never do anything above average.

I made a mistake. The Lions have the second pick. the Rams have the first pick.

Aren't the Lions required by law to pick a wide receiver first?

yeah and the worst ones available. case in point: Charles Rogers over Andre Johnson.

Let's not forget about Roy Williams.

And Dogbert, you said "if he learns" in regards to his mechanics...

If you don't have your mechanics down by the time you've graduated college and are looking to enter the NFL draft, you're screwed.

You don't learn mechanics at this point in your career. You either have them or you don't. The biggest hurdle is adjusting to the speed of play in the NFL as opposed to college, as well as that whole being in the limelight thing with huge pressure of a contract. Some guys can adjust, some guys can't. It's that simple.

I am trying to think of the number two draft pick that went to Seattle the year Drew Bledsoe was drafted or was it the other way around? He is what Tebow will be like, alright for a few years but will never do anything above average.

Maybe you're thinking of Rick Mirer? I think he was the year prior but I'm not positive. Yeah, he was a bust :lol:

Tebow will be Danny Wuerfful reincarnated.

Last edited:
And Dogbert, you said "if he learns" in regards to his mechanics...

If you don't have your mechanics down by the time you've graduated college and are looking to enter the NFL draft, you're screwed.

You don't learn mechanics at this point in your career. You either have them or you don't. The biggest hurdle is adjusting to the speed of play in the NFL as opposed to college, as well as that whole being in the limelight thing with huge pressure of a contract. Some guys can adjust, some guys can't. It's that simple.

Yeah, I don't know. As a Seminoles fan, it would amuse me a bit to see him crash and burn. But as a Jaguars fan - which is where he will be going - I would like to see him succeed.

The thing about Tebow is that he isn't just a QB. He could be a tight end or a receiver as well. He can play in the NFL.

As a QB, I think you can teach him the mechanics. He's a smart kid with no pretense. He listens to his coach.

But your point about speed is a good one. Thing about Tebow is that if you watched Florida, teams were always on guard for him taking off and running with the ball. Thus, linebackers and safeties always had to be aware of him on the field. This opens up passing lanes and big windows for him to throw into. He won't have that in the NFL. People aren't going to defend him in the same manner, and he won't get the space in which to throw.

A team drafting late in the 2nd round could probably draft him if they don't have an immediate need at Quarterback coming up. As much as I dislike the Patriots that system is excellent and maybe just maybe could provide Tim with an opportunity to grow into a NFL quarterback or whatever else his athleticism allows.

The Vikings have a more immediate need at QB and should not take him. Arizona.....nah, they gotta play it safe to avoid the Cardinals curse....Indy? If it takes Tim 5 years to learn to be an NFL QB they have time.

Tim Tebow is a cry baby.

He wont last in the NFL.

One Sack and he's injured.

bitterness-motivator.jpg

Forum List

Back