how has your life been these last few years?

Yeah...bombing innocent from 35 thousand feet..I miss those days of peace.

I miss the Clinton years of peace and prosperity.

Peace lol. Yea if you call dropping bombs on Kosovo and not preventing genocide peace. And bombing innocent African wearhouses peace. And not capturing Bin Laden so that he can kill thousands another day peace.

For the prosperity you can thank "the party of nothing" and a tech boom.

You know, I was considering voting for Obama....because when the universe ends on December 21st, I could then crow about how the fucking liberals were in charge when the universe came crashing down on us..

but then I thought....what if it doesn't happen?

How embarrassing...

This was a 9% retraction, nothing like the usual 3% retraction recession, and it was worldwide. Great job, Booshies. Booosh's prosperity WAS the Bubble, much like Reagan's Defense on credit/S+L Bubble. Pubs.....A neverending disaster fit only for idiot dupes....see sig.

Last edited:

Peace lol. Yea if you call dropping bombs on Kosovo and not preventing genocide peace. And bombing innocent African wearhouses peace. And not capturing Bin Laden so that he can kill thousands another day peace.

Your level of ignorance is awesome! You deserve an award. How many U.S. soldiers died under President Clinton? What were the National Debt and budget surplus numbers when he left office? What were they when Bush left office?

You REALLY deserve an idiot award for that statement.

Q: Did Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden?

A: Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.

FactCheck.org : Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden?

yeah it's been tough. I'm not a big fan of what a President does for you personally, but I do think Obama's policies suck for buisness and private sector growth, which makes it harder to get a good job.

You can set your watch to America's demise to when uber-radicals Pelosi and Reid took over Congress.

Oblunder is just icing on the cake.

71175_318363816322_8380807_n.jpg

Many continue to suffer from the Bush nightmare, but things are slowly getting better.

Oh please, Reagan had a worse recession and we were out of this in 82 by the midterms, Obama's policies have sucked. The only thing helping is the buisness cycle is starting to pull up. You do realized buisness goes un and down, up and down. It never stays up and it never stays down, but Obama's policies are making it suck, longer than it has to.

That is correct. midway into Reagan first term things started getting better. Don't see it happening anytime soon with obama.

Many continue to suffer from the Bush nightmare, but things are slowly getting better.

Oh please, Reagan had a worse recession and we were out of this in 82 by the midterms, Obama's policies have sucked. The only thing helping is the buisness cycle is starting to pull up. You do realized buisness goes un and down, up and down. It never stays up and it never stays down, but Obama's policies are making it suck, longer than it has to.

You bet. Of course its all still Bush's fault.

Funny how the left totally ignores Barrys failure to make much headway on the economy. They don't seem to mind thats his polices don't work for shit. Its all still Bush's fault.

I think the economy is improving very slowly despite, not because of, Barry's polices.

In the last three years my income has been flat.

Meanwhile the increasing cost of energy and food has really begun to effect my quality of life. I'd day that those costs have increased from about 20% of my income to more like 30% of my income.

That's how I'm doing.

And anyone who is in the lower 50% of the income range in this nation is, without doubt, feeling those effects no less (in most cases, my guess would be a great deal more than) I am.

The ONLY reason that I'm still making it in America is because I've owned my home so long that my mortgage is quite low and because I eschewed using credit cards since 1995 when I realized that credit cards had started becoming predatory TRAPS designed to suck every fucking cent out of the people who use them.

But I'm a old man, now, and not trying to support a growing family.

I see young families around me, and they are in SERIOUS trouble, folks.

Damned serious.

OH and let's not forget ruby ridge and Waco.

Bullshit. Reagan's recession had a GDP trough of 2.7%. The Bush recession saw the GDP drop 5.1%.

OH and let's not forget ruby ridge and Waco.

Ruby Ridge happened on GHW Bush's watch, moron.

The Bush recession was definitely worse than the Reagan recession which is why it's taking the Obama administration so long to cleanup the Bush mess.

We've had 4 recession in the last 30 years, all started under Republican presidents.

July 1981 – Nov 1982, Reagan Recession
July 1990 – Mar 1991, H.W. Bush Recession
March 2001–Nov 2001, G.W. Bush Recession
Dec 2007 – June 2009[, G.W. Bush Recession

List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I looked at that list. Before Reagan Bush there was never more than 5 years w/o a recession (going all the way back to 1796). During Reagan/Bush they crushed that mark, going 10 years in between recessions. And after the Bush recession there was another 10 years of no recessions thanks to Republicans making Clinton balance the budget, the tech boom and defeating Hillary Care (later called Obamacare). I'm glad I could school ya dude. Keep trying though.
Take a look at the list again.
Between the Recession of 1937-38 and 1945 (8 years)
Between the Recession of 1960-61 and 1969-1960 (8 years)
Both time periods under Democrat administrations

This is the umpteenth topic about the 2007-2010 drop in financial wealth in America and we still have people who think Obama has been President since 2007 and are blaming him!

Amazing.

This is the umpteenth topic about the 2007-2010 drop in financial wealth in America and we still have people who think Obama has been President since 2007 and are blaming him!

Amazing.
As with any recession, there are multiple causes but trying to blame the new president for a recession that started under the previous president is pretty lame.

The recession that started in 2007, was caused primary by monetary policy and practices of private financial institutions.

The Bush recession was definitely worse than the Reagan recession which is why it's taking the Obama administration so long to cleanup the Bush mess.

We've had 4 recession in the last 30 years, all started under Republican presidents.

July 1981 – Nov 1982, Reagan Recession
July 1990 – Mar 1991, H.W. Bush Recession
March 2001–Nov 2001, G.W. Bush Recession
Dec 2007 – June 2009[, G.W. Bush Recession

List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I looked at that list. Before Reagan Bush there was never more than 5 years w/o a recession (going all the way back to 1796). During Reagan/Bush they crushed that mark, going 10 years in between recessions. And after the Bush recession there was another 10 years of no recessions thanks to Republicans making Clinton balance the budget, the tech boom and defeating Hillary Care (later called Obamacare). I'm glad I could school ya dude. Keep trying though.
Take a look at the list again.
Between the Recession of 1937-38 and 1945 (8 years)
Between the Recession of 1960-61 and 1969-1960 (8 years)
Both time periods under Democrat administrations

That list is not actually accurate anyways. They don't use the standard definition of a recession. Two quarters in a row of decreased GDP growth.

Also, the economy is just as much on Congress's shoulders as the president's shoulders; possibly more. I can point to times that Republicans saved Clinton from destructive spending and times that the Democratic Congress deregulated the mortgage industry leading to reckless standards. Also, I can point to how entitlement spending and union corruption has squandered opportunities for us to be great. We can't sustain our huge debt but we want to pretend that the economy is just a matter of cycles. We're in for severe pain and Obama has easily been the worst president in my lifetime.

Forum List

Back