How hard will Romney work on tax reform?

JoeNormal

VIP Member
Jun 9, 2012
We all know that Romney has taken full advantage of what's legal in our tax codes. It's given him a tax rate of something like 13.7%. So given that the laws have worked so well for himself and his cronies, how hard do you think he'll try to reform them - that is, aside from lowering their tax rates even further. Anybody think that even one tax loophole will be closed?

So far he's promised to "finish the job" of completely destroying the nation's economy by expanding on the Bush tax cuts for the rich, by giving even more tax cuts to the wealthiest of the wealthy, while raising taxes on the poor and middle class.

We all also know that the wealthy Democrats have taken advantage of the same tax codes. And yet, curiously, it's only an issue when it's a Republican running against your messiah. The stench of hypocrisy is strong today.

We all also know that the wealthy Democrats have taken advantage of the same tax codes. And yet, curiously, it's only an issue when it's a Republican running against your messiah. The stench of hypocrisy is strong today.

Obama at least wanted to let the Bush tax cuts expire. What have the republicans done except block any kind of tax reform?

Really?? The Pubs have blocked tax reform bills?

Care to name those bills that you imply the Dems must have written?

Please don't tell me that allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire is your definition of "tax reform."

Please don't tell me that allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire is your definition of "tax reform."

It would have been a start. What have your guys got?

Dems and Repubs only push bills that have been GIVEN TO THEM BY LOBBYISTS!

Lobbyists wrote the 1700 page "ObamaCare" bill more than a decade ago and waited for the right time to introduce it. Why do you suppose Nancy Pelosi had no idea what was in it? Because she had nothing to do with creating it!

The Banker Bailout Bill was written by the Banker Lobbyists as well.

The Left/Right, Liberal/Conservative argument is just used to keep us arguing with each other and to keep the focus off of THEM. Classic divide and conquer tactics.

Indeed. And nevermind that the Congress has to be willing to go for anything Romney wants to do. :eusa_shhh:

Well then, Grover Norquist had better get crackin'.

Lobbyists wrote the 1700 page "ObamaCare" bill more than a decade ago and waited for the right time to introduce it. Why do you suppose Nancy Pelosi had no idea what was in it? Because she had nothing to do with creating it!

The Left/Right, Liberal/Conservative argument is just used to keep us arguing with each other and to keep the focus off of THEM. Classic divide and conquer tactics.

Good point.

Good point.

Yep.... and all from the Administration of Barack 'No Lobbyists in my Administration' Obama. Fucking liar.

Let me educate you, son.

Doing nothing and just allowing a tax to die is not defined as "reform." It is defined as "doing nothing." Of course, the O has been doing an expert job of doing nothing.

You should really do a google to find out what "my guys" have got since you appear to have avoided anything and everything Pub other than to hurl unfounded insults.

But if you prefer to keep your head in the sand, you can always wait til November and Romney will let you know what tax reform truly is.

Let me educate you, son.

Doing nothing and just allowing a tax to die is not defined as "reform." It is defined as "doing nothing." Of course, the O has been doing an expert job of doing nothing.

You should really do a google to find out what "my guys" have got since you appear to have avoided anything and everything Pub other than to hurl unfounded insults.

But if you prefer to keep your head in the sand, you can always wait til November and Romney will let you know what tax reform truly is.
The American People are not the enemy Swizlee. The American People aren't taking your money and freedoms.

My neighbor doesn't take my money or freedoms.

No one on this board has taken my money or freedoms.

Gov'ts (R and D) have and will, take my money and freedoms.

Obama at least wanted to let the Bush tax cuts expire. What have the republicans done except block any kind of tax reform?

No he only wanted the Bush tax cuts to expire for some people.

Let me educate you, son.

I think I know exactly what your guys have got. They've got Grover Norquists unrealistic, inflexible, economy killing tax pledge that benefits the rich. At least for now. If the economy seriously tanks or becomes so bad that social upheaval results then the rich won't benefit either. If there's something that I'm missing, feel free to provide a link. Unlike many on this board, I'll actually read it and consider the viewpoints expressed.

No he only wanted the Bush tax cuts to expire for some people.

Valid point. It would have expired for the people who've disproportionately benefited from our society.

Forum List

Back