How good are you at Monopoly?

How good are you at Monopoly?

• Not very good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never played... hated it.... boring game!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Browsing through the various threads discussing the economy, business, taxes, capitalism, etc., it became apparent to me that many lefties are totally clueless when it comes to anything related to economics, business, finances in general. They are loaded with these silly notions and platitudes that won't work in practice but they are convinced they should. You can't even talk to them about it, they honestly think things like the government can produce enough government jobs to pay the taxes to pay for the government. So somehow, magically, the government worker's entire pay including his taxes are being paid for with just the small amount of income taxes he pays.

They think that raising top income tax rates somehow punish the wealthy and make them "pay their fair share" and they don't seem to realize wealthy people don't need to earn any income, they are already wealthy. Same with corporations, they think that burdening them with more taxes will somehow keep them from continuing to export our jobs and downsize.

This has all made me wonder about something. I wonder how many lefties were ever any good at Monopoly, the board game? I would think they would be equally lost and very easy to defeat. I get the feeling that someone like Donald Trump is probably damn good at the game. I would hate to play Trump in Monopoly. I had a cousin who was like that... he could beat me at Monopoly every time and make it look easy....and I was pretty good. (He's currently the CEO of a corporation in Atlanta.)

In any event. there is nothing "scientific" about this poll, it's just for kicks on a Friday. I realize this game is old and younger people find it excruciatingly boring, maybe haven't ever even played it... heck, I have won by default many times when my opponents just got bored/tired and gave up. It's not a game for everyone, but I always enjoyed playing it and was pretty good at it.

I haven't played in years. Does anyone actually follow the rules as written?

The key is making property trades before their values become obvious to everyone else. Most liberals don't understand that sort of forward thinking and accuse those who do of cheating.

Forum List

Back