How free is your state?

it's interesting how people gauge freedom

for instance, i've lots and lots of guns

some folks say i'm freer for having them

yet i don't see the dif bettween that, and having lots and lots of kitchen appliances

The bluer the state, the less free you are.

One more reason to never vote Dimocrat.

it's interesting how people gauge freedom

for instance, i've lots and lots of guns

some folks say i'm freer for having them

yet i don't see the dif bettween that, and having lots and lots of kitchen appliances

What kind of ammo you use for your microwave?

My guess is that many people, both conservative and liberal, will find reasons to challenge parts of this they dislike.

Freedom in the 50 States | Mercatus

Let the discussion begin.

:popcorn:

The Big PA 31

quell surprise. we are ranked below NY and NJ to make it profitabel for people that work in those states to live in ours.

Home state of Il is 41 and surrounded [sans WI] by states with much better rankings and much better everything else. again, quell surprise.

NY 50. If it wasn't for the vast amount of money that NYC brings in, NY state would be a hell hole of debt like CA.

AK 44!! Ok, now I can't quell my surprise.

Last edited:
Georgia is listed as #15th.
What a joke that is. No Sunday alcohol sales here should put us at the bottom.
Over regulated professional businesses and very high income tax here.
This "study" is flawed to the max.

Try PA.

Alcohol is sold by state run stores. Bars are only allowed to see to people drinking there or beer only for take out.

booze or wine, in a bottle is controlled by the state of PA and no, you can't buy jack on Sunday.

You got "Privlidge taxes"? You know, that tax cuz we let you work here. :lol:

And NY clocks in at 50.

I'm feeling very enslaved and wondering what a New Hampshireite can do that a New Yorker can't (other than buy liquor and fireworks at an interstate rest stop)?

And NY clocks in at 50.

I'm feeling very enslaved and wondering what a New Hampshireite can do that a New Yorker can't (other than buy liquor and fireworks at an interstate rest stop)?

How about knowing they can walk down the street without being stopped and frisked by the police, take a cab from the airport knowing that the police do not have an agreement with the cab company that allows them to pull over the cabs and search the passengers, or simply go to a restaurant and order what they want without wondering if mandated things like no salt will ruin the taste of the food they are served.

I can keep going if you really want me to.

Forum List

Back