How forgiving are you?

jillian said:
Sorry. By the second part of my comment I simply meant that if we're unaware that something we did iaffects another person in a negative manner, and they fail to point it out to us, then it's not really worth thinking about because we'll just make ourselves nuts wondering what we might have done wrong. In other words, that's *their* problem.

Yes. Rely on complaints from others to moderate our behavior. Squash free speech and you have a license to do whatever you want! Cool!

rtwngAvngr said:
Yes. Rely on complaints from others to moderate our behavior.
Good morning RW. No, you don't rely on complaints. But like I said, we teach others how to treat us.
And there are some who go thru life like a bull-in-a-china-shop. They didn't learn what is called 'learning to play well with others'. I have a very good book about the 10-12 personalities that are considered disorders.
Squash free speech and you have a license to do whatever you want! Cool!
I don't understand this part.

Joz said:
Good morning RW. No, you don't rely on complaints.
Jillian does.

But like I said, we teach others how to treat us.
And there are some who go thru life like a bull-in-a-china-shop. They didn't learn what is called 'learning to play well with others'. I have a very good book about the 10-12 personalities that are considered disorders. I don't understand this part.

The last part was more of an expansion on the theme of "If you don't tell me I've wronged you, I won't examine my behavior". Expand this to a governing philosophy, which is perhaps my greatest offense, and you have guilt free totalitarianism. Cool!

rtwngAvngr said:
Jillian does.
And there are alot who get complaints and ignore them. Like the daughter who is embarrassed by her mother who talks abrasive and dresses like a $20 hooker. And the mother thinks it's the daughter's problem.
There are some people too, whose circuits just don't light up.

The last part was more of an expansion on the theme of "If you don't tell me I've wronged you, I won't examine my behavior". Expand this to a governing philosophy, which is perhaps my greatest offense, and you have guilt free totalitarianism. Cool!
Guilt free? Where can I get some?

Joz said:
And there are alot who get complaints and ignore them. Like the daughter who is embarrassed by her mother who talks abrasive and dresses like a $20 hooker. And the mother thinks it's the daughter's problem.
There are some people too, whose circuits just don't light up.

Guilt free? Where can I get some?

From Jillian.

Forum List

Back