How fistfights escalate to gunfights

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
The man accused of murder in a shooting death at the Waterside parking garage last weekend fired in self-defense after seeing a gun on the driver who fought him after a fender-bender, a defense lawyer said in court today.

Reginald Royals, the man accused in the shooting that left Juan Carlos Ovalle dead and another man injured, must remain in jail without bond, a judge ruled. During the hearing in General District Court, Royals’ lawyer, Jeff Swartz, called family members who testified that Royals had never before been in trouble, that he was not violent, and was known to walk away from conflict.

Prosecutor: Man killed in Waterside garage had gun | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Here's a picture of the murderer:

$reginald.jpg

Reginald Royals -- dailypress.com

And if either man has a felony conviction they aren't legally allowed to carry guns anyway. And I'd say the Odds are probably in favor of neither of them having a C&C permit meaning they'd already broken at least one gun law.

He looks harmless enough to me, the other guy must have deserved it.

If two guys are walking toward me like they're going to assault me physically, they are likely to get shot too.
Though I would probably warn them first if possible but under our state law I don't have to warn them.

I know chrissie is trying to say Royals is lucky he had his gun with him, Right?

Last edited:
Well, the escalation argument is one of my personal gripes with Handguns though, given the proliferation of handguns in the US, I doubt that a ban would solve it.

It would solve nothing. Idiots like chrissy would then begin crusading against knives, baseball bats, bricks, hammers and or anything else someone determined to kill someone else with.

Same illogical argument as ever. Blame the tool, not the hand that holds it.

I'm just wondering when chrissy and his ilk are going to demand my hands me banned.:cuckoo:

Well, the escalation argument is one of my personal gripes with Handguns though, given the proliferation of handguns in the US, I doubt that a ban would solve it.

It would solve nothing. Idiots like chrissy would then begin crusading against knives, baseball bats, bricks, hammers and or anything else someone determined to kill someone else with.

I'm just wondering when chrissy and his ilk are going to demand my hands me banned.:cuckoo:

You should be disarmed.
Lets start a petition to have Gunny's arms cut off.
Do it for the children.

You should be disarmed.
Lets start a petition to have Gunny's arms cut off.
Do it for the children.

For fucks sake you thick bastard, anyone would think you thought this was the flame zone or something:lol:

Forum List

Back