How Far Will the SCOTUS Go On Behalf of Muslims ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Today the US Supreme Court overruled lawyers for the clothing company Abercrombie & Fitch, and ruled in favor of a Muslim woman who was turned down from a job for wearing a headscarf (hijab). The company had maintained that they had a "look policy" for their sales staff, and that the hijab did not conform to it.

The Muslim woman, Samantha Elauf, claimed that she was being discriminated against on religious grounds. The court ruled against the company, and in favor of Elauf, 8-1, with only Clarence Thomas dissenting.

I must say, I am totally with the company on this one. This dopey court doesn't seem to get it that their is a war going on between Islam (call it radical or not) and Western civilization. This international jihad war is more than bullet and bombs. it also is in the courtrooms, where jihadists of the Muslim Brotherhood have frequently taken it, relying on dum dum judges to use our own laws against us. The Brotherhood has openly expressed this in their declaration of war against America, and all of Western civilization, since 1991 in their document known as the Explanatory Memorandum >>

“The process of settlement is a ‘Civilization-Jihadist Process’ with all the word means. The Ikhwan [Muslim Brotherhood] must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers…

(Mohamed Akram, "An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Group in North America"May 22, 1991, Government Exhibit 003-0085, United States vs. Holy Land Foundation, et al. 7 (21).)

The store should have the right to conduct its business as it sees fit. And the hijab, while it may be a religious attire, is against the store's rules for something that has nothing to do with religion, but rather was part of a policy intended to promote the brand's East Coast collegiate image. It is sad to see "our" courts ruling against us in America, and the way we conduct our business, to accomodate a foreign culture, masquerading as a religion.

American should beseige the court with protest over this, and not let this latest instance of Islamization go unprotested. The Muslim Brotherhood is working diligently to Islamize America. Our own Supreme court shouldn't be helping them to do that. Three cheers for the appeals court which earlier, had ruled in favor of Abercrombie & Fitch, before the SCOTUS got involved and screwed it up.

So what's next. As a longtime student of Islamization, I can assure you that stealth jihad muslims aren't going to rest on this level. Now that they've gotten this, are they going to push for forcing US businesses to allow niqabs too ? (which cover the entire face except the eyes) That would be a disastrous (and idiotic) blow against our national security.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Sup.../01/id/647930/

th
Hijab
th
Niqab

"...This dopey court doesn't seem to get it that their [sic] is a war going on between Islam (call it radical or not) and Western civilization..."

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

Darn that pesky Constitution.

Shure does get in the way, doesn't it.
Really? The constitution says people must conform to specific religious practices? Where?

Who is being forced to conform?

This is called reasonable accommodation. Remember - this is the same court that ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby. Is there a difference here?

Really? The constitution says people must conform to specific religious practices? Where?

This is called reasonable accommodation. Remember - this is the same court that ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby. Is there a difference here?
You just used a euphemism to answer your own question.

The hobby lobby case has nothing in common with this case though. This is a case about forcing a company to hire people that do not want to conform to the company rule set that exists for a reason.

I don’t agree with this ruling at all. I don’t think that a company should be forced to allow you to wear something that does not conform to their standards. I don’t care what the religion in question is. If company A decides that they have a no jewelry policy and I decide that I want to wear a cross as part of my religious belief then I need to seek employment elsewhere.

The government itself does not follow this concept. Try being in the military and wearing a hijab – see how far that gets you.

You just used a euphemism to answer your own question.

You are saying reasonable accommodation is a euphamism for being "forced to conform"?

The Constitution also says something about freedom of religion.

Where do you draw the line?

The hobby lobby case has nothing in common with this case though. This is a case about forcing a company to hire people that do not want to conform to the company rule set that exists for a reason.

I don’t agree with this ruling at all. I don’t think that a company should be forced to allow you to wear something that does not conform to their standards. I don’t care what the religion in question is. If company A decides that they have a no jewelry policy and I decide that I want to wear a cross as part of my religious belief then I need to seek employment elsewhere.

The government itself does not follow this concept. Try being in the military and wearing a hijab – see how far that gets you.

You have the issue of freedom of religion and you have the issue of individual freedoms. Somewhere in the middle you have "reasonable accommodation" and I don't see a problem with it.

"Reasonable accommodation doesn't mean anything goes in terms of religious accommodations. For example some professions require a certain dress code in order to do the job, such as surgery.

Yes it does.

See the OP.
That is unconstitutional. The government can't force religion on people. That would be the establishment of a gov-recognized religion.

No one forced any religion on anyone.

This isn't about Muslims. This is about any religion. Groups representing Christians, Jews and Sikhs also filed court papers backing Elauf. It's not a niqab - it's a simple hijab headscarf.

There are sects of Wicca that perform rituals in the nude; must an employer allow workers to be nude at work? Explain how this is different?

Sonny boy, if you don't know the difference between a head scarf and nudity, you're in big trouble.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

This isn't about Muslims. This is about any religion. Groups representing Christians, Jews and Sikhs also filed court papers backing Elauf. It's not a niqab - it's a simple hijab headscarf.

There are sects of Wicca that perform rituals in the nude; must an employer allow workers to be nude at work? Explain how this is different?

Would that be considered "reasonable accommodation"? Has any such demand been made?

Not every religious demand is reasonable. For example an hijab vs a burka.

You are saying reasonable accommodation is a euphamism for being "forced to conform"?

The Constitution also says something about freedom of religion.

Where do you draw the line?

"Freedom of Religion," which you routinely fight against, does not give free liberty at work. A Christian is not protected to proselytize on the job. But since this is Muslims, we must make special provisions. Muslims certainly have the right to practice their religion, but forcing a company to bend to that religion crosses every conceivable line.

Forum List

Back