How far have we fallen?

Cold Fusion38

SUPER GENIUS
I find it hard to believe that 40 years after we went to the moon we can't go back for 20 MORE!! We NEED to go back not only to be better than the rest of the world but also because we need to get to to the point where we can bring back hydrogen 3 for new nuclear power. It looks very likely that China will go to the moon before we get back and I find that ENTIRELY UNACCEPTABLE!

I could see a colony on the moon, for mining purposes, and maybe even Mars. But any further away than that seems pointless.

Sure, there have been some products developed because of the space industry but overall, I don't think the money invested in all of this space mumbo-jumbo has in the long run really been worth it all. Just think what could have been done for mankind in other ways if the money spent on space programs had of been invested differently. Guess it all boils down to priorities. Do you feed a bunch of homeless people for a good long time or go to the museum and look at a handfull of moon rocks? Which is the most important to you? Has the space program been entirely worth it all? There has been some good from it but I think often over done too. I could care less about going to Mars. What for? Why? Seems like a big big waste of money to me. I'm not for the current health care reform being debated in Congress right now because of what it will cost the American people. No way to pay for it. Well, here's a hint. Keep the astronauts at home and there's your money for the health care deboggle. As much as I'm against it, at least keeping the space program spending at a lower amount would at least pay for it and probably have a better return on the dollar.

I just can't beleive how far we have fallen. I mean come on we have some of the best scientists and research facilities yet it will be 20 YEARS before we go back to the moon. PATHETIC!!

Well every part must be made by a culturally disadvantaged minority.
The design is to be inclusive of any design parameters with out regard to how ludacris the parameters are, the project must be green, unoffensive and accommodating to those who do not believe in space flight , would rather whine about the west's rape of native cultures, and feed the disadvantaged .
In other words it will be a museum to multicultural achievements and soup kitchen that will never get off the ground.
We have forgotten ,putting a bone in your nose is not the same thing as going to the moon.

I find it hard to believe that 40 years after we went to the moon we can't go back for 20 MORE!! We NEED to go back not only to be better than the rest of the world but also because we need to get to to the point where we can bring back hydrogen 3 for new nuclear power. It looks very likely that China will go to the moon before we get back and I find that ENTIRELY UNACCEPTABLE!

i think we should concentrate on the problems we have on the earth moreso than trying to get back to the moon.

So Frank you have a problem with space exploration?

I LOVE Space Exploration! Space Exploration has destroyed the Fossil Fuel Myth here on Earth!

However, NASA has an agenda that's quite different from what you think it is. NASA has more secrets that the CIA and as an agency, can lie far better than the KGB and CIA combined.

And, oh yeah, we really did go to the Moon.

You are talking a very expensive venture, it costs twice as much to go to the moon and back than it does deep space and back, and there is no way to reduce that cost. We just don't have the resources or financial ability to do it, that's why no one else has even gone there, but there's a space station. Any benefit we gained from such a venture would be completely negated.

i think we should concentrate on the problems we have on the earth moreso than trying to get back to the moon.
This was the attitude taht undercut NASA for better then 30 years.

Space has always been attacked as taking money from social programs.

Of course said programs have always been a horrible waste of money while money spent on Space proved quite valuable, but don't expect it to change soon.

This was the attitude taht undercut NASA for better then 30 years.

Space has always been attacked as taking money from social programs.

Of course said programs have always been a horrible waste of money while money spent on Space proved quite valuable, but don't expect it to change soon.

and i dont want it to, and programs that help people move from rat infested slums into modern dwellings are a better way to spend money over expeditions to collect a few rocks from the moon.

Well eventually we will out grow the Earth so if we could teraform Mars we would have another planet to live on. Another good point is that we may find elements that we don't have on the Earth and could be very usefull like Hydrogen 3.

If we out grow earth, we're fucked. Terra forming is nothing more than a dream. No one even knows if it's viable.

We better take care of what we have, because space is nowhere for a human being to be.

Well eventually we will out grow the Earth so if we could teraform Mars we would have another planet to live on. Another good point is that we may find elements that we don't have on the Earth and could be very usefull like Hydrogen 3.

If we out grow earth, we're fucked. Terra forming is nothing more than a dream. No one even knows if it's viable.

We better take care of what we have, because space is nowhere for a human being to be.

Guess we'll find out if it's funded to its LOGICAL conclusion.

Actually ... with technology where it is now, sure it's a dream ... but dreams brought us computers and robotics. It's not that we just can't do it, but the fact that people stopped dreaming. If we ever did find a way to make long term colonization possible, Mars would be a possible goal, unlike our moon Luna, there are resources there that would be possible to mine for not only use here, but to fuel the return trip. Which oddly makes Mars cost effective, but time to get there and back is a problem, a huge one, right now, and I don't see us progressing far enough to eliminate that anytime soon.

It may be a dream now, but how will we ever know if it's viable if we never try?

Forum List

Back