How Far Back In American History Are Blacks Allowed To Go Back?

Every race has participated in slavery both as slaves and owners. Africans sold their criminals, war captives, and people they would just kidnap to Arab and Jewish slave traders. A very small percentage of Whites purchased these slaves.

So why should White Americans alive today be more responsible than anyone else for slavery? We didn't start it, we weren't the only ones who participated in it, and we abolished the practice a long time ago. Why don't you ask modern Africans, whose ancestors captured and sold your ancestors, and still practice slavery today, for reparations?

No. We are asking the US Government because that's who made slavery legal here. Native Americans helped whites capture Native Americans and the government pays them every year. White Americans today live as beneficiaries of slavery and jim crow. Why should blacks today continue to be made to suffer because of the beliefs of your ancestors still held by whites today?
Jim Crow laws were a Democrat policy. The Democrat party needs to pay.
Nope. This is on the US government. A republican president ended reconstruction and 4 out of 7 SCOTUS votes that helped began Jim Crow were by republicans.
Source?

I've shown it before. Go look up the 1877 Compromise.
You're full of shit, as usual. Democrats instilled Jim Crow policies. Common knowledge.

How about

The only plantation negroes are those like Ben Carson, Clarence Thomas and Thomas Sowell.

We are owed money.

Yes you are owed money....now try to collect it from the slave owning DemonRATS...NOT regular people who tried to help your rscr... racist!

No. We will collect it from the government and states that made slavery legal in 1641. The Democratic party didn't start until 1828. Slavery had been legal 147 years before there was a democratic party.

Democratic Party officials often trace its origins to the inspiration of the Democratic-Republican Party, founded by Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and other influential opponents of the Federalists in 1792. That party also inspired the Whigs and modern Republicans.

Democratic Party (United States) - Wikipedia

And republicans did nothing about jim crow while today being the preferred party of white racists. So we will include both parties.

BULLSHIT THE KKK WAS THE MILITARY ARM OF THE DEATHRAT PARTY...AND STILL IS!!!

AND ALL YOUR FACT CHECKING, SPINNING TO HELP THE DEMONRAT PARTY IS FAKE NEWS!!

That's why the KKK endorsed REPUBLICAN Donald Trump.

How about that another lying blackass DemonRAT... WHY am I NOT surprised!

Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President | Politics | US News - US News & World Report
Mar 14, 2016 · Hillary Clinton can add a new name to her list of endorsements – a prominent Ku Klux Klan member who says he likes her because of her "hidden

Look fool, I'm in here reading the racist bullshit coming from republicans. I don't need any more evidence.

No. We are asking the US Government because that's who made slavery legal here. Native Americans helped whites capture Native Americans and the government pays them every year. White Americans today live as beneficiaries of slavery and jim crow. Why should blacks today continue to be made to suffer because of the beliefs of your ancestors still held by whites today?
Nope. This is on the US government. A republican president ended reconstruction and 4 out of 7 SCOTUS votes that helped began Jim Crow were by republicans.
Source?

You're full of shit, as usual. Democrats instilled Jim Crow policies. Common knowledge.

Nope. Both parties.

Yes you are owed money....now try to collect it from the slave owning DemonRATS...NOT regular people who tried to help your rscr... racist!

No. We will collect it from the government and states that made slavery legal in 1641. The Democratic party didn't start until 1828. Slavery had been legal 147 years before there was a democratic party.

Democratic Party officials often trace its origins to the inspiration of the Democratic-Republican Party, founded by Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and other influential opponents of the Federalists in 1792. That party also inspired the Whigs and modern Republicans.

And republicans did nothing about jim crow while today being the preferred party of white racists. So we will include both parties.

Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President | Politics | US News - US News & World Report
Mar 14, 2016 · Hillary Clinton can add a new name to her list of endorsements – a prominent Ku Klux Klan member who says he likes her because of her "hidden

Look fool, I'm in here reading the racist bullshit coming from republicans. I don't need any more evidence.

The Democrat party opposed every amendment after the Civil War that made ex slaves full citizens.

Source?

Nope. Both parties.
You're full of shit.

The Democrat party opposed every amendment after the Civil War that made ex slaves full citizens.

When we talk about what whites did back then you motherfuckers tell us to stop living in the past. Now I'm done playing your punk ass game you racist SOB. Since you want us to look at the present, the present shows us that the current republican party is trying to remove everything that was part of the civil rights act. Drop the dumb shit maggot. Todays republican party is a piece of shit party that is controlled by racists.

When we talk about what whites did back then you motherfuckers tell us to stop living in the past. Now I'm done playing your punk ass game you racist SOB. Since you want us to look at the present, the present shows us that the current republican party is trying to remove everything that was part of the civil rights act. Drop the dumb shit maggot. Todays republican party is a piece of shit party that is controlled by racists.

Lol. Rant on.

I presume you also want reparations, is that correct plantation negro?

The only plantation negroes are those like Ben Carson, Clarence Thomas and Thomas Sowell.

We are owed money.

There is no line between the Democratic-Republicans and either party that eventually used the same names. The Democratic Party was organized by Martin van Buren in 1834 out of the body of general Jackson supporters, who had no official name (or party) and were simply referred to as "Jacksonians" until van Buren made a party out of them and ran as its first candidate. The Republican Party was founded twenty years later in Ripon Wisconsin, and in between the D-Rs and the modern Republicans, the Know Nothings had also used the name "Republican" as the "American Republican Party" (1843). *NONE* of those are related to the Jefferson-Madison party, which disintegrated in the early 19th century.

As for the Whigs, they too were not related --- that party was organized by Henry Clay out of the body of general Jackson opponents, who also had no official name (or party) and were simply referred to as "anti-Jacksonians" until Clay made a party out of them about 1830.

As for the timeline, inasmuch as the name "Democratic Party was first used in 1834 and the first African captives were brought to North American shores in 1534 (by Spanish merchants to what is now South Carolina), there were African slaves in North America exactly 300 years before there was a Democratic Party, and centuries before there was a country.
the first African captives were brought to North American shores in 1534 (by Spanish merchants to what is now South Carolina)
That interested me, Pogo, since I did not think farmers were here on the continent until 1594 or so. I Googled it and didn't find it either. Can you tell me more about that?

I don't know that they did any farming, but they did bring Africans. I keep getting the date wrong though -- It was 1526, not 1534.

>> Less than two generations after Columbus landed in 1492, and while his son Diego served as governor of Spain’s New World headquarters on Hispaniola, another Spanish colony was planted in South Carolina, the first on what is now part of the United States. Since its 490 years there has been no official recognition of its appearance or its dramatic story. But its struggles and ultimate fate speak to today’s unresolved racial issues.

In June 1526, Lucas Vásquez de Ayllón, a wealthy Spanish official in the city of Santo Domingo, Hispaniola, founded a colony at or near the mouth of the Pee Dee River in eastern South Carolina. Six decades before Roanoke Island (1587), eight decades before Jamestown (1607), and almost a century before the Mayflower landed at Plymouth Rock (1620), Ayllón began his North American dream.

Ayllón’s effort has been overlooked, perhaps because most people prefer to believe that US life began with the arrival of English-speaking Anglo-Saxons living under British law. Perhaps his settlement is neglected because of its tragic fate— death by mismanagement, disease, and slave revolt. Perhaps it is unmentioned because of its unique rebirth in the woods by people not considered a worthy part of the US heritage.

Ayllón prepared for his great adventure in 1520 by sending Captain Francisco Gordillo to locate a good landing site and build friendly relations with the local inhabitants. The captain instead teamed up with a slave hunter, Pedro de Quexos. While failing to survey a site or build good relations with anyone, the two men captured seventy Native Americans and brought them back to Santo Domingo as slaves. The first European act on what is now US soil was making slaves of free men and women.

The two adventurers returned to Ayllón with enchanting tales of naming a great river in honor of St. John the Baptist and cutting Christian crosses in trees. Ayllón was not impressed with their seizure of seventy Native Americans and brought the issue to the attention of a commission presided over by Diego Columbus. The Indians were declared free and ordered returned, but Spanish records do not show whether the order was carried out.

But they do show that Ayllón, to make amends with the natives who lost their loved ones, sent back the slaver Quexos who started the problem. Once again Quexos returned with other captured natives he this time claimed volunteered to serve as guides for the Spain’s expedition.

Ayllón also retained one of the original seventy, Ferdinand Chicorana, as his New World interpreter. Impressed with his skills and knowledge of the mainland, he brought Chicorana to Spain to meet the king. After this meeting King Ferdinand issued an order permitting Ayllón to sail for the coast of North America. The king’s orders forbade enslavement of Indians, and added “you be very careful about the treatment of the Indians.” Three Dominican missionaries were sent to protect Native Americans from the Europeans.

With this record as a backdrop, Ayllón prepared to launch his expedition to North America. After some delays his fleet of six vessels sailed from Puerto de la Plata. Aboard were five hundred Spanish men and women, one hundred enslaved Africans, six or seven dozen horses, and physicians, sailors, and several Dominican priests.

Mishap and disaster dogged the enterprise as it landed on the wrong coast, lost a ship, and Chicorana deserted. The other Indian interpreters seized by Quexos also fled. The Europeans were on their own.

Determined to succeed, Ayllón drove his people until they came to a great river, which was probably the Pee Dee. Selecting a location in a low, marshy area, Ayllón ordered his men to set up camp. He paused to name his settlement “San Miguel de Gualdape.” When he ordered the Africans to begin building homes, he launched black slavery in the United States. [i.e. what would in exactly 250 years become the United States]

The neighboring natives fled inland and stayed away. It was probably enough for them that the Europeans who had seized seventy of their loved ones had now returned with Africans in chains.

Europeans, arriving to exploit land and labor, contrasted in many ways with the peaceful natives. The Indians lived harmoniously with nature and shared huge pine, weather-insulated homes that slept about three hundred people each. Europeans tried to construct homes that kept men and women in separate rooms. Europeans wrote that these Indians lived long lives and “their old age is robust.” While European men dominated their women, Indian women doctors served their people plant juices to cure fevers.

While native life moved peacefully ahead, the foreigners slipped toward into crises. Disease and starvation ravaged the colony and internal disputes tore it apart. The river was full of fish, but few Europeans were healthy enough to fish. Then an epidemic swept the settlement and before housing was in place wintery winds blew in. Ayllón became gravely ill and died on October 18, after having named his nephew, Johan Ramirez his successor. But Ramirez was in Puerto Rico, and the leaderless Spaniards split into bitter armed factions.

Men drew swords and marched in howling winds to arrest and sometimes execute those who wished to become leaders of the colony. Some survivors complained that in the midst of their tribulations Africans began setting fires, and Native Americans sided with them and made trouble.

In November a crisis erupted when Africans rebelled and fled to Indian villages. One authority on slave revolts believes the revolt was instigated by Native Americans angry over whites using their land. Africans, used to freedom in their homeland, probably needed no outside prodding to strike for liberty. They understandably fled enslavement in a dying European colony to start new lives in the woods among people who also rejected European enslavement.

The surviving 150 Spanish men and women, no longer able to face a freezing winter without shelter or their labor supply, packed up and sailed back to Santo Domingo. It would be another quarter of a century before Spanish colonists would arrive to build another North American colony with slave labor.

San Miguel de Gualdape was not a total failure as the first foreign colony on US soil. The Europeans left after five months, but Africans remained to build their society with Native Americans. In the unplanned way that history meanders and careens, a new community emerged in the woods – one that also included foreigners from overseas, the Africans. This new mixed Indigenous and foreigner settlement would soon sprout many American models, often called Maroon colonies.

In distant South Carolina forests, two and a half centuries before the Declaration of Independence, two people of color lit the first fires of freedom and exalted its principles. Though neither white, Christian, nor European, they established the first settlement of any permanence on these shores to include people from overseas. They qualify as our earliest inheritance.

There is no way of knowing how long this new settlement remained free of European intervention or how it carried on its life, customs and family survival. Within a century the march of foreign conquest and colonization would spill into their lovely streams and forests. But while this Black Indian community lived, it provided the Americas its earliest example of frontier hospitality, peace, and democratic camaraderie.

Some will mourn the symbolic loss of the white pioneers of Roanoke Island, Jamestown, or Plymouth. But can we not take heart from the daring heritage bequeathed us by the African freedom fighters who fled San Miguel de Gualdape and by the Native Americans who welcomed them in as sisters, brothers and family? The two peoples began a gallant American tradition carried forward by other Americans at Concord Bridge and Valley Forge.

This new community of color says that our vaunted democracy did not march into the wilderness with buckled shoes and British accents. Rather it danced around fireplaces in South Carolina wrapped in dried animal skins and sang African and native songs before any British colonists arrived. South Carolina’s dark democracy lived in family groups before London companies sent out settlers with muskets, Bibles, and concepts of private property.*

The Black Indians of the Pee Dee River in 1526 also became the first settlement on the continent to practice the belief that all people— newcomer and native—are created equal and are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Theirs is a story worth remembering and teaching our children. << ---- William Loren Katz/History News Network

I first caught wind of this from James Loewen's "Lies My Teacher Told Me", which I highly recommend. Every one of us should try to seek out what was deliberately left out of our schoolrooms.

Last edited:
Actually one of the first blacks that settled here had black slaves of his own after he worked off his indentured time.

Anthony Johnson, in fact he fucked a fellow african indentured worker out of the rest of his life. John Casor ended up being the first black man ruled slave for life.

So much for "brotherhood". If you're going to whine about slavery, let it be known that the first black man that was regarded as chattel was made so because of a black man.

The Horrible Fate of John Casor, The First Black Man to be Declared Slave for Life in America | Smart News | Smithsonian

Johnson served out his contract and went on to run his own tobacco farm and hold his own indentured servants, among them Casor. At this time, the colony of Virginia had very few black people in it: Johnson was one of the original 20.

After a disagreement about whether or not Casor's contract was lapsed, a court ruled in favor of Johnson and Casor saw the status of his indenture turn into slavery, where he—not his contract—was considered property. Casor claimed that he had served his indenture of “seaven or Eight years” and seven more years on top of that. The court sided with Johnson, who claimed that Casor was his slave for life.

Read more: The Horrible Fate of John Casor, The First Black Man to be Declared Slave for Life in America | Smart News | Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter
No stupid. That has been debunked rather soundly numerous times. The first official enslaved person was owned by a white guy by the name of Gwyn. His slave was named John Punch. Educate yourself before making an ass of yourself.

Slavery and the Making of America . The Slave Experience: Responses to Enslavement | PBS

I might add you're a fucking fool if you think a Black person was the first person to own a slave here in the US. How the fuck do you think Anthony Johnson got over here in the first place? Whats so bad about your comment is that it even tells you about Punch in your own link you silly clown.

"(An earlier case had ended with a man named John Punch being declared a slave for life as a punishment for trying to escape his indentured servitude. His fellow escapees, who were white, were not punished in this way.) "

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back