How expensive is educatng illegal aliens?

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
"The U.S. Census Bureau just released 2008 figures showing the national average total per-pupil funding from all revenue sources was $12,028. Although estimates of the number of school-age children of illegal immigrants don’t separate those attending public vs. private schools, it’s reasonable to assume that nearly all attend public schools since most come from lower-income families. Therefore, if one multiplies $12,028 by the roughly 3.7 million students with illegal-immigrant parents, then one gets a national total funding cost of $44.5 billion."

Educating illegal immigrants is costly | ajc.com

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/action.htm

Last edited:
Therefore, if one multiplies $12,028 by the roughly 3.7 million students with illegal-immigrant parents, then one gets a national total funding cost of $44.5 billion.

Did they repeal the 14th amendment, retroactive to some point in the past, and I missed it? If not, what's the connection between this calculation and the title of this thread? In this country, the legal status of your parents doesn't necessarily reflect your own.

Therefore, if one multiplies $12,028 by the roughly 3.7 million students with illegal-immigrant parents, then one gets a national total funding cost of $44.5 billion.

Did they repeal the 14th amendment, retroactive to some point in the past, and I missed it? If not, what's the connection between this calculation and the title of this thread? In this country, the legal status of your parents doesn't necessarily reflect your own.

The post is about the cost of illegal immigration not the 14th Amendment.

10847.jpg

While the cost is staggering, the real problem is ineffective public education is for preparing them for a spot in a technological society. The racial gap between blacks and hispanics on one end and whites and asians on the other is large and immovable. You can't trick mother nature by pretty words or endless progressive programs either.

We spend a buttload of money on illegal immigrants. We have little choice, really. Once here, it is to our benefit to treat them humanely. In particular that their kids are educated. Otherwise they would turn to crime or be the next generation of welfare. The problem is not just what we spend on them. The problem is that they are here in the first place.

We could take away all benefits from all illegal aliens, bar their children from attending schools and not let them into emergency rooms. They would still come, as long as they are allowed to just walk in. We needed the wall and it did not get built. Trump is as much at fault for that as the Democrats are.

My brother-in-law, a retired high-ranking corrections officer, and republican dyed in the wool, and a Trumper, told us at Thanksgiving today, that he is working as a contractor providing services to illegals taken into custody on the border. He's praying that Biden stays in good health, because the money is so good.

I'm sure he's not the only one, so this surge may last a long time.

Forum List

Back