How effective is a patent?

ProudFossil

Oct 4, 2009
I and four other people were issued a patent four years ago. We have the documentation from the patent office stating such. This year one of the people went to the patent office and requested that four of the names be removed. The patent office did so after which he has licensed the patent to a manufacturer for $2,000,000.

My question is how can you remove a person from a patent?

Thank you
Mike

I and four other people were issued a patent four years ago. We have the documentation from the patent office stating such. This year one of the people went to the patent office and requested that four of the names be removed. The patent office did so after which he has licensed the patent to a manufacturer for $2,000,000.

Thank you
Mike

Take it to a Lawyer and then to Court.

Thank you
Mike

Take it to a Lawyer and then to Court.

absolutely...but may need to go to court....there are a myriad of factors to consider, for that kind of potential share, i would definitely talk to a PATENT attorney, they have to take a special bar to get that designation, if you can't find one, try an intellectual property attorney

Just curious, how did this happen without your permission? I know it can be done if the inventor(s) are proven 'uncooperative', but I've only heard of that at a company level - RIM etc. Given that changing a name (spelling error, adding a name etc) is such an arduous and expensive process, the company your friend sold out to must have footed the bill. What a greedy jerk.

New Topics

Forum List

Back