How does the lie that it is only a few bad cops actually work?

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
It just doesn’t. The lie does not stand up to even a moment of critical thought. We are told that it is 1% of cops who give the others a bad name. But if that were true, then that one bad cop would live in terror that the other 99 would find out about him.

Anne Frank and her family and friends were not out shopping and living. They were hiding in a small attic to try and survive because the Nazi’s were hunting the Jews. The minority were being hunted by the vast majority.

So even if it was not 1% of cops that were bad. Even if it was 10% the bad ones would be terrified of the other 90% wouldn’t they?

Yet we are told that bad cops somehow intimidate the good ones. That is why the good cops are afraid to speak out about the wrongdoing. Yet how can the minority keep the alleged vast majority in fear?

Now that this lie is destroyed. We move on to the next lie. The cops have to.

This lie says that those damned liberals have put so many hurdles in the way of getting the bad guys off the streets that the cops have to lie and plant evidence to get the guilty.

Nonsense again. Our system is designed to make it hard to send someone to prison. That is true. We have a lot of rules. It is not because we live criminals. It is because we are horrified that we might send an innocent man to prison for a crime they did not commit.

Our founders said that a person can not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law. They believed in the courts following the rules. They believed there should be a process to deprive us of life, liberty, or property. They believed the courts were to find what happened, and who was responsible. The entire premise of a jury trial is allowing your fellow citizens to determine what the truth is.

That can not happen if the police and prosecutors lie and cheat. Yes. A guilty man may go free. But that is better than an innocent man losing his freedom or his life at the hands of a corrupt system.

Police have stressful jobs is next. Many people have a stressful job and we do not accept the abuses from them. So that lie is nonsense as well.

We hold the rest of society to account why do we ignore the misdeeds of the police? I mean if you come home after a stressful day at work and beat on your wife do you really think she is going to figure you needed to let some steam off?

The funny thing is this. Other than the first excuse the rest of the excuses all admit and acknowledge that the police are corrupt but somehow it is a good thing.

The police are given greater authority than the average citizen. Why hold them to a lower standard than anyone else? At the very least we should hold them to the same standard as everyone else.

Cops maintain the largest domestic terrorist gang in America. That is why the are called Blue ISIS. Without massive support from the rank and file, the monster cops could not survive.

^^^^^ Two loons find each other. .... :cuckoo: ... :lol:

Ok. You help me. Tell me how I am wrong. Tell me how the cops are not corrupt.
Re-read your paranoid delusional tripe then you tell me.........

Great. Now, how is it that a cop can plant evidence, and not be concerned in the least that his fellow officers will tell the truth if the majority of cops are not corrupt?
Penguins are black and white, some old TV shows are black and white therefore penguins must be old TV shows......... :eusa_whistle:

Funny how this makes most everyone think of you..........

giphy.gif

Tell me how the cops are not corrupt.

I've been a cop for three years and I'm not corrupt. In three years I've never met a corrupt cop.

It's not that I don't want to be corrupt. I'd love to be corrupt. But, as of yet, no one has offered me anything worth being corrupt for. But, I hope, someday my payoff will come.

Great. Now, how is it that a cop can plant evidence, and not be concerned in the least that his fellow officers will tell the truth if the majority of cops are not corrupt?
Penguins are black and white, some old TV shows are black and white therefore penguins must be old TV shows......... :eusa_whistle:

giphy.gif

Tell me who was the good cop here.

Everyone saw him plant the drugs. Nobody said anything about it. All the reports read exactly the same. Where were the 397 good cops which are supposed to offset these four bad cops? How did they know that none of the others would tell the truth?

Explain to me how it worked.

I've been a cop for three years and I'm not corrupt. In three years I've never met a corrupt cop.

It's not that I don't want to be corrupt. I'd love to be corrupt. But, as of yet, no one has offered me anything worth being corrupt for. But, I hope, someday my payoff will come.

I’ll give you an easy one.

Why did the reports the five cops wrote in no way reflect what happened on this video? How is it that five cops all told the same story, and in none of the stories did the truth manage to find it’s way out?

It seems improbable to say the least. Again, if 1% of the cops are bad, where the hell were the 496 good cops who were theoretically actively pursuing these bad cops? How did five bad cops manage to get together and nobody raised so much as an eyebrow at the scenario.

Even in the largest of police departments, it would be statistically improbable for the bad cops to get together and pick each other out like this. Then to get assigned to the same shift, same region, and same assignments is even more improbable.

It just defies logic doesn’t it?

Your thread premise is wrong because it fails as a hasty generalization fallacy – the bad acts of the few are not ‘representative’ of an entire class of persons.

It’s as wrong as saying all Muslims are ‘terrorists.’

Unless you have objective, documented evidence in support of the notion that 100 percent of LEOs are ‘corrupt’ – which you don’t – then you can’t substantiate your claim.

Yes, there are LEOs who are corrupt, who are criminals, or otherwise incompetent, but there is no evidence that all LEOs are corrupt, criminals, or incompetent.

It just doesn’t. The lie does not stand up to even a moment of critical thought. We are told that it is 1% of cops who give the others a bad name. But if that were true, then that one bad cop would live in terror that the other 99 would find out about him.

Anne Frank and her family and friends were not out shopping and living. They were hiding in a small attic to try and survive because the Nazi’s were hunting the Jews. The minority were being hunted by the vast majority.

So even if it was not 1% of cops that were bad. Even if it was 10% the bad ones would be terrified of the other 90% wouldn’t they?

Yet we are told that bad cops somehow intimidate the good ones. That is why the good cops are afraid to speak out about the wrongdoing. Yet how can the minority keep the alleged vast majority in fear?

Now that this lie is destroyed. We move on to the next lie. The cops have to.

This lie says that those damned liberals have put so many hurdles in the way of getting the bad guys off the streets that the cops have to lie and plant evidence to get the guilty.

Nonsense again. Our system is designed to make it hard to send someone to prison. That is true. We have a lot of rules. It is not because we live criminals. It is because we are horrified that we might send an innocent man to prison for a crime they did not commit.

Our founders said that a person can not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law. They believed in the courts following the rules. They believed there should be a process to deprive us of life, liberty, or property. They believed the courts were to find what happened, and who was responsible. The entire premise of a jury trial is allowing your fellow citizens to determine what the truth is.

That can not happen if the police and prosecutors lie and cheat. Yes. A guilty man may go free. But that is better than an innocent man losing his freedom or his life at the hands of a corrupt system.

Police have stressful jobs is next. Many people have a stressful job and we do not accept the abuses from them. So that lie is nonsense as well.

We hold the rest of society to account why do we ignore the misdeeds of the police? I mean if you come home after a stressful day at work and beat on your wife do you really think she is going to figure you needed to let some steam off?

The funny thing is this. Other than the first excuse the rest of the excuses all admit and acknowledge that the police are corrupt but somehow it is a good thing.

The police are given greater authority than the average citizen. Why hold them to a lower standard than anyone else? At the very least we should hold them to the same standard as everyone else.
“Our founders said that a person can not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.”

And it is due process of the law that safeguards citizens from police abuse and prosecutorial misconduct, when evidence is improperly obtained absent a warrant, or when there is insufficient evidence to indict a criminal suspect.

giphy.gif

Tell me who was the good cop here.

Everyone saw him plant the drugs. Nobody said anything about it. All the reports read exactly the same. Where were the 397 good cops which are supposed to offset these four bad cops? How did they know that none of the others would tell the truth?

Explain to me how it worked.

Missed the point completely but I expected nothing less from an ideologue.

It just defies logic doesn’t it?

Actually, your kind of disproving your own point. There are over 900,000 sworn law enforcement personnel in America. So, to prove even 1% corrupt you'd have to document 9,000 individual of proven police corruption, not just allegations.

So, I'll let you get to that.

People that commit crimes are those that don't like the police. I like the police. I didn't like receiving two speeding tickets, but then again, I WAS speeding.

With only one eye I can't see how corruption has passed you by.

People that commit crimes are those that don't like the police. I like the police. I didn't like receiving two speeding tickets, but then again, I WAS speeding.

To be fair, no one likes being told what to do. Police interactions are at best an inconvenience, at worst a life shattering event. Most of the cops I know try to make the interaction as pleasant as possible for those involved.

However, there are those who refuse to allow it to remain pleasant.

To be fair, no one likes being told what to do. Police interactions are at best an inconvenience, at worst a life shattering event. Most of the cops I know try to make the interaction as pleasant as possible for those involved.

I've had cops thank me for being so cooperative and mannerly...Can't let them know I'm carrying contraband..

I've had cops thank me for being so cooperative and mannerly...Can't let them know I'm carrying contraband..

I'll let you in on a secret. Most cops don't care if you're carrying contraband. People who can act decently in public, even if they're holding, are usually pretty decent people in general. But, if you can't maintain a patina of decency for the ten to fifteen minutes we're talking to you then contraband is the least of your problems.

Most cops only give a hard time to those who insist on being given a hard time.

I'll let you in on a secret. Most cops don't care if you're carrying contraband. People who can act decently in public, even if they're holding, are usually pretty decent people in general. But, if you can't maintain a patina of decency for the ten to fifteen minutes we're talking to you then contraband is the least of your problems.

Most cops only give a hard time to those who insist on being given a hard time.
Until they see my rap sheet.

Forum List

Back