How does raising taxes help our situation?

Is raising taxes a good idea?

• Total voters
No it won't. We already borrow 43 cents of every dollar we spend. We have a spending addiction. If we were to increase taxes, do you honestly believe that it would go towards the debt or do you think politicians would say, "oh look, more money to spend". If you think it would go to pay the debt, I have a bridge to sell you. First, prove that you can cut back to spend only that which you take in and no more and then we can see about increasing taxes to help speed up paying the debt. But with that being said, dangling more money in front of a reformed politician is like taking a reformed alcoholic into a bar. It just isn't a good idea.

I read what you wrote. Its completely cynical. But its a compelling argument . . . to a certain demographic.

I just turned 30 this year. How old are you? I bet much older. I am not willing to let the baby boomers off the hook. They bled this country dry and are leaving our generation with a debt hangover. You think you can blame the politicians for this generational theft? Try again. I know exactly who to blame. Hint: not Ron Paul or his core followers, but the tag-along 40-50 something Tea Partiers.

In the meantime, raise taxes and cut spending.

You dont blame politicians but you do blame everyday average Americans for our current disaster?

WOW

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Who said I don't blame politicians? I blame us all. Including my fellow generational cohorts who can't grasp the reality, or refuse to fight the boomers on their theft.

Give me you cuts list you tawt, stop playing your little "I wana be conservative" game. If you say "cuts across the board" show me where and a general amount saved... Then when you fail to balance the budget tell me RP is a kook for doing what you will fail at doing, living within our means.

Imma cut this argument because your an idiot

Hows that for a cut? FUCK OFF

Shocking, never once could you live up to what you claim to be... yet you started a bullshit thread aimed at nothing but stiring up shit.

This seems to be a running theme with the GOP these days in general.

They still sell fear and they still lack ideas.

The American public is waking to the Fox Noise though;

CNN Poll: More Americans trust Obama on economy over Republicans in Congress – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

:eusa_angel:

Imma cut this argument because your an idiot

Hows that for a cut? FUCK OFF

Shocking, never once could you live up to what you claim to be... yet you started a bullshit thread aimed at nothing but stiring up shit.

This seems to be a running theme with the GOP these days in general.

They still sell fear and they still lack ideas.

The American public is waking to the Fox Noise though;

CNN Poll: More Americans trust Obama on economy over Republicans in Congress – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

:eusa_angel:

Both sides are waking up because Bush had a Rep congress and Failed, Bush had a Dem congress and failed then Obama failed even worse than Bush with a Dem congress.

People are waking up because both sides are the same, spend spend spend, just like Gramps.

Avorysuds you are a lying piece of shit.

Find a post, ANY POST of mine where I espoused uncontrolled spending.
Find a post, ANY POST where I said anything other than we should end the wars responsibly.
Find a post, ANY POST where I haven't espoused fiscal conservative beliefs.

IM WAITING LIAR. LETS SEE SOME QUOTES

Just be honest with everyone. Your butthurt because the gop, including me wont back Ron Paul, therefore your on the attack. Your pathetic

The words 'raising taxes' is similar to throwing holy water on the devil, Americans go bonkers. America's best years had the highest taxes, our worst for jobs occurred after the tax rates had been reduced. Can anyone deny that bit of fact? So really it must be something else and that something else is ??? America is slowly becoming a third world nation why? Any ideas?

Stuff below for the interested.

"In terms of promoting economic growth, the Bush tax cuts have been a miserable failure. Under George W. Bush, U.S. GDP growth averaged 2.1 percent a year. Since the end of World War II, the country has never experienced such low economic growth during an eight-year period. And if you exclude the war demobilization of 1946, when U.S. government spending fell by two-thirds and GDP fell by 10.9 percent, Bush had the worst economic record since Herbert Hoover." The Bush Tax Cuts: Failure Analysis by David Fiderer ? Failure magazine |

Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots) | Firedoglake

The tax changes didn’t do much for Vermont, either. Job growth so far this decade is worse than any decade since the 1940s. We have fewer jobs today than we had in 2000."
Hoffman: Did tax cuts create jobs?

Spending Cuts Vs. Tax Increases at the State Level, 10/30/01
Do tax cuts ever "pay for themselves"? Rarely. - By Annie Lowrey - Slate Magazine
Voodoo Economics Revisited - Simon Johnson - Project Syndicate

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth

The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton

Last edited:
I was hoping taxes would be raised on trolls and trolling. Then maybe you and Willow Tree would run away together.

I didn't think you were capable of answering the OP.

You're a troll, a rather inept one, but a troll all the same. You have no desire (or ability I suspect) to debate issues or policy; no matter its merits any argument which questions the dogma you hold as immutable you dismiss without examination. The only question I have regarding your many posts is whether your ignorance is willfully or congenital.

I was hoping taxes would be raised on trolls and trolling. Then maybe you and Willow Tree would run away together.

I didn't think you were capable of answering the OP.

You're a troll, a rather inept one, but a troll all the same. You have no desire (or ability I suspect) to debate issues or policy; no matter its merits any argument which questions the dogma you hold as immutable you dismiss without examination. The only question I have regarding your many posts is whether your ignorance is willfully or congenital.

Because all the other posts are just regular Joe's looking for real answers and negotiable debate?

Idiot

Avorysuds you are a lying piece of shit.

Find a post, ANY POST of mine where I espoused uncontrolled spending.
Find a post, ANY POST where I said anything other than we should end the wars responsibly.
Find a post, ANY POST where I haven't espoused fiscal conservative beliefs.

IM WAITING LIAR. LETS SEE SOME QUOTES

Just be honest with everyone. Your butthurt because the gop, including me wont back Ron Paul, therefore your on the attack. Your pathetic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA&feature=player_detailpage]Cricket Chirping - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back