How does one bring a case against a State?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
North Carolina passed the last Lottery system law in the Country awhile back and it was specifically supposed to place all profits after expenses in a fund for Education. About 6 months ago the democratic Governor with the support of the Democratically controlled State Congress quit putting the funds in the Education fund and instead have been potting them in the General Fund.

This is directly against the law that created the Lottery. How does one bring suit against their State?

While I no longer have children in the school system I still have standing as I am a home owner and pay taxes into the school system. Not to mention the sales taxes that are just for school bonds.

First you hire a lawyer.

Actually, these kinds of suits are how the left push their agenda. There are lots of laws. If this is a constitutional provision, they have to amend it. If is is just a law, then they can change it at will.

First you hire a lawyer.

Actually, these kinds of suits are how the left push their agenda. There are lots of laws. If this is a constitutional provision, they have to amend it. If is is just a law, then they can change it at will.

Baruch's right. Just find a lawyer who's willing to take the case, and he'll do the rest. I serve papers for several attorneys in town, and I've had to serve papers on government entities before, so it's definitely something that can be done. Whether it can be WON or not is another story.

North Carolina passed the last Lottery system law in the Country awhile back and it was specifically supposed to place all profits after expenses in a fund for Education. About 6 months ago the democratic Governor with the support of the Democratically controlled State Congress quit putting the funds in the Education fund and instead have been potting them in the General Fund.

This is directly against the law that created the Lottery. How does one bring suit against their State?

While I no longer have children in the school system I still have standing as I am a home owner and pay taxes into the school system. Not to mention the sales taxes that are just for school bonds.

I doubt you have standing. But you can try, as others have said your first step is to hire a lawyer. Don't go pro se, or you will get creamed.

First build a brick wall. Repeatedly slam your head into it. In very short order, you won't care any more.

Forum List

Back