How does envy and hate towards "rich" people..

FloridaGirl

Apr 12, 2012
Helping to solve your own problems.....I have to say I am kind of shocked at some of the hateful comments from some people towards people that are rich. Also I am puzzled by how some are selective in who they have decided to dislike, like the Romneys......So If I am to understand it correctly, it is fine to dislike a rich republican, while the same people don't have any problems with rich people like the Kennedys..;)

Helping to solve your own problems.....I have to say I am kind of shocked at some of the hateful comments from some people towards people that are rich. Also I am puzzled by how some are selective in who they have decided to dislike, like the Romneys......So If I am to understand it correctly, it is fine to dislike a rich republican, while the same people don't have any problems with rich people like the Kennedys..;)

That's about it. Or the Kerry's or Pelosi's or Clintons or any other rich Democrat or movie star. Yep, that's it.

That's about it. Or the Kerry's or Pelosi's or Clintons or any other rich Democrat or movie star. Yep, that's it.

When Kerry ran in 2004 and as you know, he married a rich woman, did not hear any complaints about that in the media.....:)

When Kerry ran in 2004 and as you know, he married a rich woman, did not hear any complaints about that in the media.....:)

Nope, not one word. YOu know -- they walk on water!!

How does wanting to end the Bush Tax cuts and treat the capital gains as income equal envy and hate?

Oh but they're different! They are , are uh, very rich, too. Hmmm. Obama will be giving them awards soon, I guess.

How does wanting to end the Bush Tax cuts and treat the capital gains as income equal envy and hate?[/QUOTE

You should read what I said, it is the terrible things people are saying about others that bothers me, not that people have different opinions...

And they absolutely adored Steve 'slave wage' Jobs and his products!

And they absolutely adored Steve 'slave wage' Jobs and his products!

Some are very selective in who they have decided to dislike, at least some are consistent...:)

How does wanting to end the Bush Tax cuts and treat the capital gains as income equal envy and hate?

What's really funny is how you Lock-Step Lefties can't keep up with the changes in the propaganda...

The current progressive talking point are in favor of the Bush Tax Cuts...
Get with the program:

"To put it differently, Democrats have, for the most part, admitted that Bush was right, and the Clinton-era tax rates were too high on most Americans. For all that Democrats talk about returning to the Clinton-era tax rates, they only ever mean for the top two percent of taxpayers -- the folks who are now in the 35% bracket, but whom they would like to see in a 39.6% bracket.

The reality is that, on tax policy, Democrats are now closer to Bush than to Clinton."
Wonkbook: On taxes, George W. Bush has won - The Washington Post

Sociologist Helmut Schoeck’s observation: “Since the end of the Second World War, however, a new ‘ethic’ has come into being, according to which the envious man is perfectly acceptable. Progressively fewer individuals and groups are ashamed of their envy, but instead make out that its existence in their temperaments axiomatically proves the existence of ‘social injustice,’ which must be eliminated for their benefit.” Helmut Schoeck, “Envy: A Theory of Social Behavior,” p. 179

The left have so demonized Bush that their underlings are having a hard time liking a the tax program with his name on it

why is it you folks never ever remember what your own man said- obama said it was about 'fairness'......want to see the tape? how else do you classify it?

unfair is NOT a word used in finance , we both know this, he was told by democratically predisposed interviewers that cap gains increases fed revenue if the tax burden is low..

fairness means squat unless you decide to employ 'feelings', its antithetical to the argument and even charlie rose, bob Gibson, et al all know this, so, you tell me, why would he go against the economic grain and do something that will in all likely hood harm the economy?

Fairness*shrugs*....he said it, we didn't..... he took it to an emotional realm, so I say, he hates anyone that he/his own cannot control who doesn't have to live off of gov. cheese and deep down is envious ( which is a roadway to hate) as he knows, business rarely is built , grows or survives when all you have is 'front' or 'flash' even with his size ego or 'flash/front'.......

Instead of aspiring to reach it themselves? Some are too lazy for the hard work required to get there...so it must be stolen with the help of the Imperial Gubmint at the point of a gun.

Who does the class warfare crap resonate with?

Its always the same. Its the angry, miserable, jealous assholes of this world who need somebody to blame for making their own fucked up personal decisions of fAiL in their lives. People who have set the bar low and spend the rest of their lives trying to make other people just as miserable as they are. Traditional American institutioins are despised by these people simply because it becomes the target for them to blame for their level of fuckedupedness. This is the common thread amongst all on the far left. They loath successes that other people attain. They hate it. Carry around a chip on their shoulder for the rest of their miserable lives. This is why they find Plato, Hobbes, Hegel et. al. so romantic. All these utopian societies those brilliant meatheads spoke of were dependent upon universal misery of amongst the masses. To them, the best society is a society where individualism and success are evil to be replaced with a society of zombies who take their marching orders from the statist. To the far lefty..........THAT is utopia.
It is often said that those on the far left embrace the tragic view of people and humainty. It is what makes them feel better though..........the more misery, the better. That society is better off with everybody being miserable as compared with some being miserable and some being successful and not so miserable. Its really fucked up when it comes right down to it.
Thankfully for the rest of us...........it is a sentiment embraced only by a maximum of 20% of the people in this country.

What I never got is why these miserable assholes dont just move...........plenty of places they'd be welcome. Move to China.......this tragic shit doesnt work in America s0ns!!!

Last edited:
I wonder if Mrs Heinz-Kerry ever "worked a day in her life"......

:eusa_shhh:

Good question. Seems odd that when a conservative says something bad about a lib/dem, especially a woman, it's an outrage, but if a liberal says something about a conservative woman then it's no big deal. So, anybody know if Obama called Mrs Romney like he did Fluke? I'm guessing not.

This country is quickly becoming a plutocracy and only those who blindly use patriotism as a disguise will deny it. Slowly but surely middle class workers are having their rugs pulled out from under them and neither party is innocent. My kids have zero to look forward to no matter who is elected. This has been rightly instilled in them by me.

I wonder if Mrs Heinz-Kerry ever "worked a day in her life"......

:eusa_shhh:

Good question. Seems odd that when a conservative says something bad about a lib/dem, especially a woman, it's an outrage, but if a liberal says something about a conservative woman then it's no big deal. So, anybody know if Obama called Mrs Romney like he did Fluke? I'm guessing not.

And that question, or anything similar, has never crossed my mind until this recent bullshit got stirred up.

It's none of my business how a married couple decide to set the dynamics of their responsibilities.

:cool:

Forum List

Back