How does cutting taxes on companies who automate help the country?

The CEO of Carrier said they are taking the money given to them by Pence and Trump and will use it to automate cutting even more of the 730 (not Trump's 1100) jobs that stayed here.

88% of the jobs that disapeared were lost to automation. We've all seen the many links.

So since those companies are saving money automating, how does cutting their taxes help the economy?
they can sell their product at a lower cost to the consumer

Why? You do realize that the price a company charges for a product and the cost of producing that product are not related to one another in any significant way. They make the product as cheaply as they can and they sell it for whatever the hell they can get out of it.
labor is always a factor in the price of goods
always

And yet you didn't answer my question, why would a company reduce the price of their product simply because they got a tax break?

That is the critical question that conservatives and libertarians always miss. The problem with capitalism is that it depends on conflicting ethos. First, that one will attain their desires with the least amount of effort possible. I call that the sloth factor. Second, that one will never be satisfied and desires are never fully fulfilled. I call that the greed factor.

In this case, a tax cut somehow always translates into the owners wanting more and more. If we only cut taxes they will invest more, hire people, produce products. They always want more and more.

Bullshit. If each and every one of us suddenly saw our pay double how many would be running to the boss requesting more hours and how many would be asking for some extra time off?
If the small company can compete because they pay less in taxes, isn't that a good thing, where as a big company can pay the higher taxes, while the smaller business folds because of over taxation. Liberal Warren Buffet loves higher taxes, because he knows his businesses can afford them, but hey, he is a liberal, so can get away with it. Such stupid people who vote Democrat.

The CEO of Carrier said they are taking the money given to them by Pence and Trump and will use it to automate cutting even more of the 730 (not Trump's 1100) jobs that stayed here.

88% of the jobs that disapeared were lost to automation. We've all seen the many links.

So since those companies are saving money automating, how does cutting their taxes help the economy?

Why? You do realize that the price a company charges for a product and the cost of producing that product are not related to one another in any significant way. They make the product as cheaply as they can and they sell it for whatever the hell they can get out of it.
always

And yet you didn't answer my question, why would a company reduce the price of their product simply because they got a tax break?

That is the critical question that conservatives and libertarians always miss. The problem with capitalism is that it depends on conflicting ethos. First, that one will attain their desires with the least amount of effort possible. I call that the sloth factor. Second, that one will never be satisfied and desires are never fully fulfilled. I call that the greed factor.

In this case, a tax cut somehow always translates into the owners wanting more and more. If we only cut taxes they will invest more, hire people, produce products. They always want more and more.

Bullshit. If each and every one of us suddenly saw our pay double how many would be running to the boss requesting more hours and how many would be asking for some extra time off?
If the small company can compete because they pay less in taxes, isn't that a good thing, where as a big company can pay the higher taxes, while the smaller business folds because of over taxation. Liberal Warren Buffet loves higher taxes, because he knows his businesses can afford them, but hey, he is a liberal, so can get away with it. Such stupid people who vote Democrat.

Not really sure how large companies pay different taxes than small companies. Honestly, your argument sounds a whole lot like the old "make it up in volume" story. Regardless, you must be a huge supporter of Obamacare. One of the largest competitive advantages large companies have is the ability to diversify heath care risk. Obamacare is an attempt to "level the playing field".

always

Gee to cut into a competitor's market or something silly like that

always

Not really sure how large companies pay different taxes than small companies. Honestly, your argument sounds a whole lot like the old "make it up in volume" story. Regardless, you must be a huge supporter of Obamacare. One of the largest competitive advantages large companies have is the ability to diversify heath care risk. Obamacare is an attempt to "level the playing field".
Larger companies have more income source to cover all the wages and benefits per employee, where a small company barely making it , now is FORCED to pay healthcare , and cant afford to be profitable anymore, so goes bankrupt. Real nice of you, there buddy, and to think, Liberals say "They are for the little guy" , My ass they are...

Consumer's without jobs can only afford a much, much lower cost. Or free. That's about it.

always

Larger companies have more income source to cover all the wages and benefits per employee, where a small company barely making it , now is FORCED to pay healthcare , and cant afford to be profitable anymore, so goes bankrupt. Real nice of you, there buddy, and to think, Liberals say "They are for the little guy" , My ass they are...
Let them die? How's that for health care?

Consumer's without jobs can only afford a much, much lower cost. Or free. That's about it.

There will always be jobs of some kind

we did just fine when button hooks became obsolete

People will always need shit that can't be done by machines

always

Let me walk you through this. Let's say you are a small business owner. You own a local grocery store. You want to furnish health insurance to your employees. You can only diversify your risk among your own employees. The law prevents you from banning together with other employers, even other grocery store owners, to diversify that risk. But you compete with Walmart. They can diversify their risk over thousands of employees. The ACA allowed small business owners the opportunity to diversify their health care risk outside of their own employees eliminating this competitive advantage of the largest employers. Hence, the strong opposition.

How did going from horse and buggy to automobiles help the country? Enough said.
Progressives are defensive and quite protective of their 100% fail rate.

Rdean shows how they were able to transform Detroit from America's Paris to a third world Favela in record time

Thank you. Now please provide us with your reliable source and link to you allegation of what was said by the CEO of Carrier.

How did going from horse and buggy to automobiles help the country? Enough said.
Progressives are defensive and quite protective of their 100% fail rate.

Rdean shows how they were able to transform Detroit from America's Paris to a third world Favela in record time
Under Bush and the Republicans.

Thank you. Now please provide us with your reliable source and link to you allegation of what was said by the CEO of Carrier.
Again? You could go to post #12.

Or you could do a little research and learn something:

Here is the CEO saying it on camera.

So I have a question. Why don't Republicans ever actually look anything up. They have to be spoon fed and still don't believe it.

Again? You could go to post #12.

Or you could do a little research and learn something:

Here is the CEO saying it on camera.

So I have a question. Why don't Republicans ever actually look anything up. They have to be spoon fed and still don't believe it.

Because you're so much fun to annoy!

How did Luddites breaking power looms work out?

Forum List

Back