How Does Arizona's Immigration Law Promote Racism?

Not2BSubjugated

Callous Individualist
Feb 15, 2012
In a mysanthropic malaise
I'm not sure I understand what all this fuss is about regarding civil rights and equal rights and racism. If they're looking for illegal immigrants in particular (nowhere does the law state Mexicans), then how could we possibly make the assumption that there's going to be racism?

I'm not sure I understand what all this fuss is about regarding civil rights and equal rights and racism. If they're looking for illegal immigrants in particular (nowhere does the law state Mexicans), then how could we possibly make the assumption that there's going to be racism?

A person can’t be questioned or detained absent reasonable suspicion or probable cause. Being Hispanic is neither. Stopping a person to question his immigration status solely on race or ethnicity is a violation of one’s right to due process, a civil rights violation.

A person can’t be questioned or detained absent reasonable suspicion or probable cause. Being Hispanic is neither. Stopping a person to question his immigration status solely on race or ethnicity is a violation of one’s right to due process, a civil rights violation.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :clap2:

See, you're firing off this hispanic thing again. I don't get why you assume that the police will be stopping people for being hispanic and questioning/detaining them. Why would they do that?

Forum List

Back