How do you....

Water displacement is the only way I can think of.

^^^^^ That.

If you fill a bucket with water (or, in Radio's case, beer) and weigh it, then stick your head in it, and weigh it again... that gives you the weight of your head. I did not know that till today. :lol:

only if your head is the same density as water... or beer.

Let's say we make 2 exact models of your head one from styrofoam amd one from iron. They will both displace the same volume of water, but weigh nowhere near the same.

You'd have to assume that the density of the head is, on average, the same as the density of the rest of the body.

I'm not sure whether that's an accurate assumption.
Also, some bodies are more adipose than others.

It'd be close enough probably. For a truly accurate measurement, you have to go with the axe method.

How much neck are you cutting off?

Pretty accurate and non-lethal: lay on back at end of board/table, so that the head and as little of the neck is hanging off table. Now, set a scale on a separate table under the head, such that its lowest point is below the level at which your body lies. Weigh the skull.The result till be close en-damned-nough.

You must ensure that the neck is not strained (the head is not too low), or the connecting tissues will be holding some of the weight.

Also, knock them out first, so they don't use their neck muscles to attempt to hold their head up.

You would have to assume that your head is the same approximate density as the rest of your body though.
I think my method would be more accurate- especially in the cases of lardasses whose excess adipose tissue causes disproportionate displacement compared to persons with greater muscle mass and lower body fat percentage

Well, try it both ways and let us know the difference.
I thought that's why we had the Mythbusters?

Forum List

Back